Cheap £40 camera

Faisal A

Hi. I am in need of a cheap camera for around £40-60. Does anybody have any suggestions. I don't mind used products or buying locally.

If you want me to see your reply, please tag me @Faisal A

what is the purpose of that camera?

at that price its probably better to get a really old smartphone or one with a cracked screen and use it as a camera.

I mean if all you care about is pure image quality your best bet is probably a film camera tbh. They can be found everywhere for basically pocket change and as long as you can find film and a place to develop it you can get fairly decent pictures out of them.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

6 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

I mean if all you care about is pure image quality your best bet is probably a film camera tbh. They can be found everywhere for basically pocket change and as long as you can find film and a place to develop it you can get fairly decent pictures out of them.

As much as I love shooting film and i encourage everyone to do it, I would not call film cheap. While the camera's themselves are basically free, the final cost of a color 35mm roll from new to developed and scanned is in the range of $10-20 each.

@Faisal A Your best deals are going to be used stuff. I would peruse whatever local classifieds you have and see what's in your price range. Look for specs and reviews online. If you're looking to get a something like a DSLR, you might be able to find an old one (pre-2010) in less than ideal condition. 

Upping your budget will give you so many better options it's hard to not recommend you do that first.

Shovel some driveways or sign up for a few shifts at McDonalds if you have to, but in the end you'll be compromising a lot less on what's available to you and what we can recommend.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/15/2019 at 2:17 PM, Faisal A said:

Hi. I am in need of a cheap camera for around £40-60. Does anybody have any suggestions. I don't mind used products or buying locally.

An older go pro hero 4 is quite good, while not the best it still does alright. Yoi should also be able to spend the rest of the budget on accesories such as mounts, sd cards and batteries 

Screenshot_20191210_234632_com.ebay.mobile.jpg