Is this enough thermal compound?

CaptainChaos025

So this is my first ever time of putting on thermal compound on a cpu, and is this good enough?

Ps i am worried about the cooler standoffs not being high enough but like they dont screw in any further so ???15712427957043240751115300128973.thumb.jpg.843c8c33a1d18b44b13ddcde309d201b.jpg

15712427317842119511211194273773.jpg

Looks like a fine amount of thermal compound to me - really it depends person-to-person on "how much is too much". And the standoffs, if they don't go any further in, and it's the same on all 4 corners then it's likely to be a design choice and the cooler will be fine. When you boot up, you'll be able to see temps anyway on your mobo (probably) and if not - the BIOS

I find the "X" method gets me a more even spread, but a lot of people swear by the pea drop.

24 minutes ago, CaptainChaos025 said:

So this is my first ever time of putting on thermal compound on a cpu, and is this good enough?

Ps i am worried about the cooler standoffs not being high enough but like they dont screw in any further so ???

personally i don't trust anyone saying stuff like 'oh only use a little pea size' and all that i personally do it my own way that i would get max heated at if i told you so infer from that what you wish.

The IHS is small enough and the Die itself is even smaller. That's enough.

When you have much larger IHS's/Die's you have to use more (not a ton more but a little more).