Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CaptainChaos025

Is this enough thermal compound?

Posted · Original PosterOP

So this is my first ever time of putting on thermal compound on a cpu, and is this good enough?

Ps i am worried about the cooler standoffs not being high enough but like they dont screw in any further so ???15712427957043240751115300128973.thumb.jpg.843c8c33a1d18b44b13ddcde309d201b.jpg

15712427317842119511211194273773.jpg

Looks like a fine amount of thermal compound to me - really it depends person-to-person on "how much is too much". And the standoffs, if they don't go any further in, and it's the same on all 4 corners then it's likely to be a design choice and the cooler will be fine. When you boot up, you'll be able to see temps anyway on your mobo (probably) and if not - the BIOS

I find the "X" method gets me a more even spread, but a lot of people swear by the pea drop.

SNOWHEART - laptop

Model: TRACER III 17R XTREME VR 800 || CPU: Intel i7-8750H  || RAM: HyperX Impact 16GB || GPU: Nvidia RTX 2070 || Storage: Intel 660P 512GB Display: 1920x1080p 144hz

PRISIMHEART 2.0 - desktop

Case: FD Meshify C Mini || PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 750w || MB: Asrock Fata1ity AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac || CPU: AMD Ryzen R5 1600 || CPU Cooler: Scythe Choten TUF edition || RAM: G.Skill Flare X 16GB || GPU: Galax GTX 1070 EXOC-SNPR || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + SG Firecuda 2TB

PERIPHERALS / DISPLAY

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Elite || Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Steelseries RIval 650 || Monitor: HP Omen 32

24 minutes ago, CaptainChaos025 said:

So this is my first ever time of putting on thermal compound on a cpu, and is this good enough?

Ps i am worried about the cooler standoffs not being high enough but like they dont screw in any further so ???

personally i don't trust anyone saying stuff like 'oh only use a little pea size' and all that i personally do it my own way that i would get max heated at if i told you so infer from that what you wish.

Remember to give me those smiley face things or tick or the i if i do a good post.

Team Blue, so understand I will be unreasonable to Intel V AMD Arguments even if i ever buy a AMD rig, i will still be anti AMD. Me saying AMD is OK is a big thing to me so be happy and go away.

Alienware 17r5

500D SE sexy rgb build incoming.

Widescreen build incoming for music production featuring zen 3

A few negligible workstation builds

Gaming Routers are Stupid, I have a problem about spending too much money on a Motherboard.

/pcmasterrace /widescreenmasterrace

Audiophile, EL8 Titanium go to drivers for weight to performance ratio.

Music Setup Cubase 10 PRO, Adam A8X, Adam Sub8.

I dont ask stupid questions, I just word them stupid so you think its stupid.

im not stupid your stupid calling me stupid stupid

Why are you still reading this this is prob all wildly outdated as i just found out how to change signature and ill prob never be bothered again hahahahhahahahaa.

The word "Gaming" and anything around it is cringe. E.G

I'm a gamer les go play fortnite. In cringe 9 year old voice.

I want a Gaming Computer to play fortnite. In cringe 9 year old voice.

Gaming is dumb enthusiast is cool.

Whitebread / Brownbread

Coffee/Tea

PoachedEgg/FriedEgg

IHaveTimeToKill/KillToTimeHaveI

Idk how many lines this is im not counting im prob breaking rules #rebel

The IHS is small enough and the Die itself is even smaller. That's enough.

When you have much larger IHS's/Die's you have to use more (not a ton more but a little more).

Guides & Tutorials:

Three Methods to Resetting a Windows Login Password

A Beginners Guide to Debian CLI Based File Servers

A Beginners Guide to PROXMOX

How to Use Rsync on Microsoft Windows for Cross-platform Automatic Data Replication

A How To Guide: Setting up SMB3.0 Multichannel on FreeNAS

How You can Reset Your Windows Login Password with Hiren's BootCD - (Depreciated)

Guide/Tutorial in Progress:

How to Build Your Own DAS

In the Queue:

GPU Pass-though w/ QEMU on Debian Linux

How to Setup Drive Sharing in Windows 10

How to Format a HDD/SSD in Windows

Don't see what you need? Check the Full List or *PM me, if I haven't made it I'll add it to the list.

*NOTE: I'll only add it to the list if the request is something I know I can do.