Cube World

MarvinKMooney

it is being released by the end of october 2019.

2019/09/07

" Dear Cube World Community,

I think this is the right place for this. This is where it all started, where my little passion project came to life and became something much bigger.

Here is my explanation why everything took me so long, why there were no updates and so on...

When I released Cube World back in 2013 on our homepage, I was enthusiastic to finally share my game with you. It was a dream come true for me, I wanted to be a game developer since I was a kid.

As some of you might remember, we got DDoS'ed as soon as we opened the shop. It might sound silly, but this event traumatized me and kind of broke something inside me. I never told anyone about it, and I don't want to go into the details, but I'm dealing with anxiety and depression ever since. Social media didn't improve it, as you might imagine. I'm still not sure if it's a good idea to tell the world about it, but I wanted to give the fans an explanation.

There were several points in the past years where I considered releasing an update, but every time I was afraid it wasn't good enough. I'm also a bit pefectionist and it made me rework everything from scratch several times. The version I'm planning to release is basically Cube World 2.0. There are still many things I'd like to add in the future, but I think the version is already fun.

I hope some of you will enjoy the upcoming release. I'm currently working on the new homepage and still want to add some lore-related things to the game before the release.

Wollay

It will also be on steam and those who have the alpha version of the game will be given steam keys. https://mobile.twitter.com/wol_lay/status/1170056166665273344
Pretty stoked IMO

39 minutes ago, Viridian said:

It will also be on steam and those who have the alpha version of the game will be given steam keys.

Reminds me of Mario 64. How much will it cost? And why only partial controller support?

33 minutes ago, Intransigent said:

Reminds me of Mario 64. How much will it cost? And why only partial controller support?

If i recall it will be around $30 but it was also 6 years ago when i bought it and it was just alpha so price could vary for sure, As for partial controller support im going to ( assume ) it will get full support but when i cant say. It is just him and his wife who developed the game.

11 minutes ago, Viridian said:

it will be around $30

Thank you for the response. No one is going to pay $30 for that game. No one is going to pay $20 for that game. It looks like a free to play game to be perfectly honest. I would barely pay $1.00 and I'm the type to give games like that a chance.

As some of you might remember, we got DDoS'ed as soon as we opened the shop. It might sound silly, but this event traumatized me and kind of broke something inside me.

Getting traumatized by a ddos? Was his life support hocked up to that server or what? I kinda smell a lame excuse.

And I agree with Intransigent, no one will buy that for 30$.

If you find any grammar or spelling errors please fill out entry permit A38, thanks.

Greetings from germany

Profilepicture by Chibiterasu-chan

2 minutes ago, crosstiger said:

Getting traumatized by a ddos? Was his life support hocked up to that server or what? I kinda smell a lame excuse.

And I agree with Intransigent, no one will buy that for 30$.

Thats okay, having played the game my self albeit ( alpha ) it is a really fun game with alot going for it and now with all the quests and the tons of other new things that i have not played id be happy to pay another $30.

But what ever floats your boat.

1 hour ago, Viridian said:

But what ever floats your boat.

99% of people will not pay anywhere near $10.

12 minutes ago, Intransigent said:

99% of people will not pay anywhere near $10.

I would like to see where your getting these numbers from, If you wouldint mind sharing your knowledge with me.

7 hours ago, Viridian said:

I would like to see where your getting these numbers from, If you wouldint mind sharing your knowledge with me.

It's my own opinion. Only time will tell.

13 hours ago, Intransigent said:

It's my own opinion. Only time will tell.

Ahh okay, yes only time will tell if it flops or not.

18 minutes ago, Viridian said:

Ahh okay, yes only time will tell if it flops or not.

Never said it would flop. Only said 99% of people won't pay anywhere near $10 for it.

5 hours ago, Intransigent said:

Never said it would flop. Only said 99% of people won't pay anywhere near $10 for it.

Im not really sure as to why you think that.

Im not really sure as to why you think that.

I just don't see it as a high valued game to 2019 gamers.

41 minutes ago, Intransigent said:

I just don't see it as a high valued game to 2019 gamers.

Do you mean in the wake of fortnight or the resurgence of minecraft?

On a side note i would like to know what is of high value to gamers in 2019.

On 9/16/2019 at 5:44 PM, Viridian said:

If i recall it will be around $30 but it was also 6 years ago when i bought it and it was just alpha so price could vary for sure, As for partial controller support im going to ( assume ) it will get full support but when i cant say. It is just him and his wife who developed the game.

If you have access to your picroma account you can claim your steam key and get access to the beta 23 September 

CPU: r7 2700x;  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 ti sli; RAM: 16GB DDR4; MoBo: ASUS CH VII HERO x470; PSU: Seasonic Prime 850 Titanium; Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base 900 PRO; SSD: Kingston 120 GB; HDD: 1x 500 GB 1x 2TB 1x 3TB;

My Anime List 300+ completed

5 hours ago, Oskar94a said:

If you have access to your picroma account you can claim your steam key and get access to the beta 23 September 

I do and already claimed it im pretty excited to see all the new things added to it.

17 hours ago, Viridian said:

Do you mean in the wake of fortnight or the resurgence of minecraft?

Nope. Nothing to do with Fortnite or Minecraft at all.

17 hours ago, Viridian said:

On a side note i would like to know what is of high value to gamers in 2019.

Games people pay over $10 for of course. Games worth their price tag. It's just my opinion that Cube World isn't worth $10.

4 hours ago, Intransigent said:

Nope. Nothing to do with Fortnite or Minecraft at all.

Games people pay over $10 for of course. Games worth their price tag. It's just my opinion that Cube World isn't worth $10.

Would you mind explaining to me what it is about Cube World that makes you think its not worth $10, if you wouldint mind that is.

38 minutes ago, Viridian said:

Would you mind explaining to me what it is about Cube World that makes you think its not worth $10, if you wouldint mind that is.

I've never played it, so I can't really say. I'm interested in playing it, just not for $10. In order for a game to be worth $10, it has to provide me with an experience that I'm going to want to continue to play over and over. It has to provide a variety of things that I can do.

27 minutes ago, Intransigent said:

I've never played it, so I can't really say. I'm interested in playing it, just not for $10. In order for a game to be worth $10, it has to provide me with an experience that I'm going to want to continue to play over and over. It has to provide a variety of things that I can do.

Have you looked at the game and its features?

Meh, so this game is still around.

Tried back during the alpha with some fellow folks.  Played it a bit, and all of us went right back to the MC and Terraria.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

2 minutes ago, Ithanul said:

Meh, so this game is still around.

Tried back during the alpha with some fellow folks.  Played it a bit, and all of us went right back to the MC and Terraria.

Agreed it got very stale after a few hours, but with all the new content added really seems promising.

3 minutes ago, Viridian said:

Agreed it got very stale after a few hours, but with all the new content added really seems promising.

Will be a pass for me.  Got way to many other games to play at the moment.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

Have you looked at the game and its features?

Not entirely, just the Steam video. I'm seeing a character created then wandering around a Minecraft looking world doing Zelda-ish things in a game that reminds me a lot of Mario 64 or Trove. I'm very much into Mario 64 but I'm not so much into Trove. I try to get into Trove but to me it targets a specific age group younger than myself. I feel Cube World may be more of the same thing and when it comes to paying more than $10 that's where I'm simply turned into another direction.

Imo, it's a game that should be priced at no more than $10. And like I said, I'm not basing that off actually playing the game since I haven't played it yet. Only if I somehow play the game can I tell you if it's worth more or less than $10. It simply seems like a free game when looking at its game play. As Trove is a free game, I could simply pick up Trove if I saw a $30 price tag on Cube World. And as I said, I'm barely into Trove so picking up Trove is tough to do and it's a free game.

The game lacks something. Not exactly sure what it is but it lacks it. I feel that if it were added(whatever it is), it might be something I'd actually pay for. When people pay for good games, they want to play them for many hours. Cube World simply looks like it would be tough to actually want to put hours into the game period. It's lacking something that matters.

When I first saw Minecraft, I thought I'd never in a million years be into it. The moment I played the game I was immediately hooked as to what you could actually do in the game. The creating, the insanely addictive way that you are introduced to everything you can do in the game, the simplicity to understand of what you eventually do in the game, those kinds of things hooked me.

When I first saw say... Ghost Recon Wildlands, I played it for like 5 minutes back in 2017 and then put it down. Picked it back up around a month ago since it was on sale for $12.49 plus a 15% more discount on top of that and I've put in exactly 96 hours into it ever since. It's tough to put down because of everything I can do in the game. It has so many different things about it that I can do. Things I can upgrade. Things I can discover. Etc, etc.

Cube World does not do these things. However, I have not played it so I'm not exactly sure of anything about Cube World.

41 minutes ago, Intransigent said:

Not entirely, just the Steam video. I'm seeing a character created then wandering around a Minecraft looking world doing Zelda-ish things in a game that reminds me a lot of Mario 64 or Trove. I'm very much into Mario 64 but I'm not so much into Trove. I try to get into Trove but to me it targets a specific age group younger than myself. I feel Cube World may be more of the same thing and when it comes to paying more than $10 that's where I'm simply turned into another direction.

Imo, it's a game that should be priced at no more than $10. And like I said, I'm not basing that off actually playing the game since I haven't played it yet. Only if I somehow play the game can I tell you if it's worth more or less than $10. It simply seems like a free game when looking at its game play. As Trove is a free game, I could simply pick up Trove if I saw a $30 price tag on Cube World. And as I said, I'm barely into Trove so picking up Trove is tough to do and it's a free game.

The game lacks something. Not exactly sure what it is but it lacks it. I feel that if it were added(whatever it is), it might be something I'd actually pay for. When people pay for good games, they want to play them for many hours. Cube World simply looks like it would be tough to actually want to put hours into the game period. It's lacking something that matters.

When I first saw Minecraft, I thought I'd never in a million years be into it. The moment I played the game I was immediately hooked as to what you could actually do in the game. The creating, the insanely addictive way that you are introduced to everything you can do in the game, the simplicity to understand of what you eventually do in the game, those kinds of things hooked me.

When I first saw say... Ghost Recon Wildlands, I played it for like 5 minutes back in 2017 and then put it down. Picked it back up around a month ago since it was on sale for $12.49 plus a 15% more discount on top of that and I've put in exactly 96 hours into it ever since. It's tough to put down because of everything I can do in the game. It has so many different things about it that I can do. Things I can upgrade. Things I can discover. Etc, etc.

Cube World does not do these things. However, I have not played it so I'm not exactly sure of anything about Cube World.

Thank you for the detailed reply ( not kidding ) and i understand what you mean. I bought The Devision 2 due to the fact i really liked the story behind the first one but sadly it just feels like a reskin and adds nothing new to be called " 2 " definitly not happy with that $60 purchase.