Wi-Fi extender ; Ethernet ; how to connect ?

Siddhant Mishra

I got this Wi-Fi extender by tp-link the other day ..How do I connect my laptop to the extender module via Ethernet ...I tried my best but laptop showed ‘No Internet connection’ .....Anyone to highlight on ‘where i’m wrong?’

What's the model number? I get the feeling you're misunderstanding how Wi-Fi extenders work.

3 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

What's the model number? I get the feeling you're misunderstanding how Wi-Fi extenders work.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B0195Y0A42/ref=ppx_yo_tab_ap_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

I’ve setup the pseudo Wi-Fi ..it works gr8 ...But how do I connect it via Ethernet (it has a Ethernet port like all extenders do)

9 minutes ago, Siddhant Mishra said:

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B0195Y0A42/ref=ppx_yo_tab_ap_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

I’ve setup the pseudo Wi-Fi ..it works gr8 ...But how do I connect it via Ethernet (it has a Ethernet port like all extenders do)

It looks like that Ethernet port can be used in one of two fashions. If the extender is in AP (Access Point) mode then that port is meant to connect the the router as a source of Internet. When set to run as a Repeater the port will act as a source of Internet for a wired client.

So you probably have it in the wrong mode or the Repeater isn't connecting to your router. One or the other.

8 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

It looks like that Ethernet port can be used in one of two fashions. If the extender is in AP (Access Point) mode then that port is meant to connect the the router as a source of Internet. When set to run as a Repeater the port will act as a source of Internet for a wired client.

So you probably have it in the wrong mode or the Repeater isn't connecting to your router. One or the other.

Well the router is connected to the EXT .and  is up working ...even now i’m Connected to the extender.  But the Ethernet isn’t working using a cat 5e

1 hour ago, Siddhant Mishra said:

Well the router is connected to the EXT .and  is up working ...even now i’m Connected to the extender.  But the Ethernet isn’t working using a cat 5e

I would say then there's something else were missing here. I can't pull up the repeaters user guide right now. It'd be pretty helpful. I'd say verify what mode it's in and reread how to configure the Ethernet port.

wifi extender is not wireless router, you need at least one wireless router to work. altho routers do have extender function.

for more complex layout is better to use powerline adapter

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

13 hours ago, Windows7ge said:

Quick update:  My Ethernet cable is faulty .lol..anyways thanks

2 hours ago, Siddhant Mishra said:

Quick update:  My Ethernet cable is faulty .lol..anyways thanks

Unexpected but that'll do it. Need help with anything else while you're here?

12 hours ago, Windows7ge said:

Unexpected but that'll do it. Need help with anything else while you're here?

Nothing as of now ...i’m Happy with this extender .....i’m Seeing a boost of upto 2.5 times ...

before: 22 mbps tops

extender Wi-Fi : 50-55 mbps

extender Ethernet : 70-75 Mbps (exactly what I pay for)

thanks 4 d help tho .... :)