NZXT H710 Temperatures

Luke Murtagh
Go to solution Solved by TVwazhere,
3 minutes ago, Luke Murtagh said:

Would you say a H700 or H710 decked out with Noctua fans still cool my system?

Absolutely.

The differences between the H700 and H710 include USB 3.1 gen 2 Type C, an upgrade TG mount using only s single thumb screw and a New smart devie for the i suffix's (which I personally avoid) Beyond this, they're basically exactly the same.

Hello all,

I was thinking of changing my current case to either a Meshify S2 or the NZXT H710. Whilst the Meshify would get me much better cooling I very much like the look of the NZXT case. I’m prepared to go for the NZXT if the cooling is at least somewhat comparable. Can anyone here tell me what the cooling is like? I’ll probably upgrade all the fans to Noctuas to get the best cooling possible.

Thanks!

1 minute ago, Luke Murtagh said:

011 Dynamic, the 710 is really overpriced IMO, and doesn't have great cooling. The 011 is open enough that it has pretty good cooling, just have to buy your own fans for it.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Go meshify !

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

On 8/31/2019 at 4:56 PM, Luke Murtagh said:

Can anyone here tell me what the cooling is like? I’ll probably upgrade all the fans to Noctuas to get the best cooling possible.

Thanks!

Here's a link for some airflow and noise charts comparing the Meshify C to other cases including the NZXT H700 (which is the same as the H710)

https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3441-fractal-s2-meshify-case-review

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

16 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Here's a link for some airflow and noise charts comparing the Meshify C to other cases including the NZXT H700 (which is the same as the H710)

https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3441-fractal-s2-meshify-case-review

Yeah, I’ve seen that. It makes me confused to be honest - I’m told by quite a few people that NZXT have terrible airflow and yet the NZXT cases, especially the H700, aren’t that far behind.

Yeah, I’ve seen that. It makes me confused to be honest - I’m told by quite a few people that NZXT have terrible airflow and yet the NZXT cases, especially the H700, aren’t that far behind.

The H7x0, H400 and H2x0's have good side vents and properly positioned fans to take advantage of them. This results in dcent to good airflow depending on the fan configuration on the inside. 

Most people assume "If it doesnt have a front mesh panel, it has bad airflow" and thats not always the case. Properly designed cases can have completely solid panels and do quite well in terms of airflow, either by suplimenting side vents, or reloacating the main intake to the side or the bottom of the case like the Lian Li PC-O11D and Coolermaster SL600M. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

25 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

The H7x0, H400 and H2x0's have good side vents and properly positioned fans to take advantage of them. This results in dcent to good airflow depending on the fan configuration on the inside. 

Most people assume "If it doesnt have a front mesh panel, it has bad airflow" and thats not always the case. Properly designed cases can have completely solid panels and do quite well in terms of airflow, either by suplimenting side vents, or reloacating the main intake to the side or the bottom of the case like the Lian Li PC-O11D and Coolermaster SL600M. 

What is your opinion on the H500? I realise it doesn’t do as well as some other NZXT cases but I really like the look of it. I know I’m vain lol

34 minutes ago, Luke Murtagh said:

What is your opinion on the H500? I realise it doesn’t do as well as some other NZXT cases but I really like the look of it. I know I’m vain lol

If your priority is airflow, the H710 is beteer, but the H500 can effectively cool a system like an i5-9600k or R5 3600, and a GTX1660ti or RX580

9 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

If your priority is airflow, the H710 is beteer, but the H500 can effectively cool a system like an i5-9600k or R5 3600, and a GTX1660ti or RX580

Thanks.

What in your opinion is the difference between the H700 and H710? And is getting the ‘intelligent’ version of either case worth it or not?

Edit: I forgot to include my specs so here they are:

CPU: i7-9700K.
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15.
Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero (WiFi). 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 
Storage: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 SSD and Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD 
GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080TI 11GB FTW 3 Ultra 
PSU: Corsair RM1000i 1000W 80+ Gold

Absolutely.

The differences between the H700 and H710 include USB 3.1 gen 2 Type C, an upgrade TG mount using only s single thumb screw and a New smart devie for the i suffix's (which I personally avoid) Beyond this, they're basically exactly the same.

4 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Absolutely.

Thanks for the help! I’ve seen people with very similar setups to mine on PCPartPicker and their temps are no higher than 70 degrees for CPU and GPU which seems decent.

If I may ask one more question: what would do a better job of cooling my CPU? My current Noctua or a similar air cooler such as a Dark Rock Pro 4 or an AIO?