Is it okay to buy stuff from amazon US and ship it to somewhere else?

So im planning on buying some parts so i can build a pc, and i have to buy everything off of amazon. And since amazon.com has much better deals than the german site, can i buy the parts from the us site, pay the us price and get it shipped in germany? Keep in mind almost all of the parts have prime shipping, and the others have free shipping. So i dont think i need to pay any shipling money. 

You have to pay VAT when buying goods from the USA

I don't have any experience with this, but in the US people pay sales tax themselves after the fact, meaning all items you see are without the (4 to 14 percent as I heard) sales tax applied.

This means you will have to pay import fees (the tax) when importing it into Germany.

Please do your research to see if the parts are still cheaper in that case..

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I believe if you try to ship it through Amazon US you will get to the delivery section and you wont be able to send it to your home. I know there are a few websites which can collect from a US address and ship it over to you however usually the shipping costs for these services are massive and not worth the trouble.

Unfortunately you'll just have to deal with jacked up prices (I live in Australia and feel your pain)

Why arent you just buying from amazon Germany? Or local sites?

Keep in mind that when buying abroad you usually have to pay VAT as extra

All US sites exclude VAT. You'll need to factor that in.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

37 minutes ago, YourNewPalAlex said:

So im planning on buying some parts so i can build a pc, and i have to buy everything off of amazon. And since amazon.com has much better deals than the german site, can i buy the parts from the us site, pay the us price and get it shipped in germany? Keep in mind almost all of the parts have prime shipping, and the others have free shipping. So i dont think i need to pay any shipling money. 

Most of the time they will simplly refuse shipping it to you, or you'll have horrendous shipping fees.

Plus, as the other said, you'll need to add the VAT.

Frankly you're better with the german prices.

Amazon US *does* ship outside of America, I've ordered books from Amazon multiple times and had it delivered to South Korea

Shipping fees usually won't cost that much if you put everything in one box and go for AmazonGlobal Standard Shipping, should cost around 10~30 USD.

-Note that the standard shipping option can take quite long depending on your location and the carrier. I've had products delivered to me within 14 days or so, but sometimes i-parcel or another company will fuck up the shipping.

What I would worry about is your computer parts, they could very well be damaged during shipping. Your package will 100% be thrown around everywhere so I don't recommend buying fragile products like CPUs or cases on Amazon.

I personally recommend that you use Amazon UK if you can, Amazon UK will be closer to your location thus having lower shipping fees & waiting times

Be aware that Germany has 19% VAT so add that to original price. Plus additional customs expenses. Something for $400 will be $476 in Germany. And Amazon's currency conversion is weird so it might end up being more than 476€ directly. I never find anything worth the hassle and hidden expenses.

1 hour ago, pizapower said:

1 hour ago, Minibois said:

I don't have any experience with this, but in the US people pay sales tax themselves after the fact, meaning all items you see are without the (4 to 14 percent as I heard) sales tax applied.

This means you will have to pay import fees (the tax) when importing it into Germany.

1 hour ago, GoldenLag said:

1 hour ago, LienusLateTips said:

1 hour ago, Cora_Lie said:

Most of the time they will simplly refuse shipping it to you, or you'll have horrendous shipping fees.

7 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

Be aware that Germany has 19% VAT so add that to original price. Plus additional customs expenses. Something for $400 will be $476 in Germany. And Amazon's currency conversion is weird so it might end up being more than 476€ directly. I never find anything worth the hassle and hidden expenses.

Amazon.com shows all shipping/import/tax fees at final checkout (it even shows it on the product page usually) Unless German import authorities decide to add import duty over and above the displayed fees (meaning he/she will have to pay upon delivery) everything to be paid will be shown when clicking that final "buy now" button.

@YourNewPalAlex by all means buy from the US site, but be prepared to get shafted in import and duty fees which will probably negate any discount you were originally getting in the 1st place and would be just as well ordering from the UK or German amazon site.

I've done the same when ordering to the UK, for the "discount" im getting to be completely negated with import/tax/duty fees so im actually only saving like £1..... or even paying more. So i just buy from the UK site or i luckily have one of my browser extensions find a better deal/get coupon codes for money off.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

Yeah, but you only see the final price in checkout if they do this now (I remember eBay having this option for some items). Like dumb Amazon.de which ony starts whining they can't ship to my address in the checkout. Until I get there they happily show like it ships to my place...

1 hour ago, realpetertdm said:

Amazon US *does* ship outside of America, I've ordered books from Amazon multiple times and had it delivered to South Korea

Shipping fees usually won't cost that much if you put everything in one box and go for AmazonGlobal Standard Shipping, should cost around 10~30 USD.

-Note that the standard shipping option can take quite long depending on your location and the carrier. I've had products delivered to me within 14 days or so, but sometimes i-parcel or another company will fuck up the shipping.

What I would worry about is your computer parts, they could very well be damaged during shipping. Your package will 100% be thrown around everywhere so I don't recommend buying fragile products like CPUs or cases on Amazon.

I personally recommend that you use Amazon UK if you can, Amazon UK will be closer to your location thus having lower shipping fees & waiting times

Ok...

Never said that Amazon.com didn't ship to Europe, I said sometimes they will plainly and simply refuse to ship to Europe.

Back Memory Lane :

Once upon a time a customer from Europe saw a product she really, REALLY, liked on Amazon.com. But she lives in Europe, and that very product wasn't available on the european amazon shops (I'm used to shop from Amazon.es, Amazon.fr, Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.de).

But I really, REALLY, liked it... so... I was about to push the "Buy now" and looked at the shipping fees...

Base price was $49.99 (at the time), now I see it's $59.95 ( https://www.amazon.com/Totally-Bamboo-Collapsible-Dish-Drying/dp/B0054PSXBO/ )

This is the result I have NOW, with regular shipping...

Spoiler

amazon_shipping.jpg.73d13234003c34106beeee8c05e39682.jpg

At the time it's shipping was more expensive and it listed 1 to 3 months delivery time. I let you imagine the pricing for "fast delivery".

So... As one of my friends went on holidays in Montréal, I ordered it on Amazon.ca, had it delivered at his hotel and it came back in his luggage in Europe.

Just to say that... Well,you see my point...

And some members here really need to learn their geography ^o^ The UK is closer to Macedonia than Germany? ?

Edited by Guest
Adding a few things

6 hours ago, VenomZ_ said:

yeah but the question is how will you get it from the US to germany 

Well wont amazon just ship it to germany normally?

6 hours ago, pizapower said:

VAT? And how much is that? Is it worth the difference, or should i just stick to the german site?

6 hours ago, Minibois said:

Man that sucks, i guess it just isnt worth the hassle

6 hours ago, Habonch said:

I believe if you try to ship it through Amazon US you will get to the delivery section and you wont be able to send it to your home. I know there are a few websites which can collect from a US address and ship it over to you however usually the shipping costs for these services are massive and not worth the trouble.

Unfortunately you'll just have to deal with jacked up prices (I live in Australia and feel your pain)

Hah, that sucks but thanks for the great reply man! Its nice to know someone feels my pain :D

5 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

Amazon germany has jacked up prices, just look at the 5700XT, its like 50 euros more, and when you convert that to dollars its 55$

5 hours ago, LienusLateTips said:

Do the german sites include VAT? Is that why it seems so much more expensive?

5 hours ago, Cora_Lie said:

Awh, okay thank you!

6 hours ago, Minibois said:

(4 to 14 percent as I heard)

sorry, no offense

XD just had to quote this because it made me lough, an then cry a little...

saled tax Germany, afaik, is 19%

sales tax Austria is 20%

i reall wish it were 4-14%

have a nice day ?

My Rig / Buildlogs:  ❄️ SNOWFLAKE ❄️ FROSTBITE ❄️

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600   Cooler: Corsair H115i Platinum   RAM: Corsair Vengence RGB Pro 16GB @3200   Mobo: Asus Prime X470 Pro

Graphics Card: Gigabyte Aorus 2080super Waterforce    Case: Corsair 500D   PSU: Corsair HX850i

Storage: 500GB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD, 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD, 2x 1TB SATA SSD

Displays: AOC CQ32G1 32" 2560x1440, Acer XB280HK 28.0" 3840x2160 60 Hz, Medion MD20850 24" 2560x1440

5 hours ago, realpetertdm said:

Ah yeah i didnt think about the crappy guys throwing around my pc parts, i guess id just settle for amazon germany

1 minute ago, YourNewPalAlex said:

Ah yeah i didnt think about the crappy guys throwing around my pc parts, i guess id just settle for amazon germany

You'll also get slugged import duty which will likely make it more expensive than buying locally.

4 hours ago, RejZoR said:

Man why is converting some currency on amazon so janky, like wut. Its kind of making me want to buy local lol

Just now, Dredgy said:

You'll also get slugged import duty which will likely make it more expensive than buying locally.

I guess ill just buy locally lol

4 hours ago, Noctus said:

Amazon.com shows all shipping/import/tax fees at final checkout (it even shows it on the product page usually) Unless German import authorities decide to add import duty over and above the displayed fees (meaning he/she will have to pay upon delivery) everything to be paid will be shown when clicking that final "buy now" button.

@YourNewPalAlex by all means buy from the US site, but be prepared to get shafted in import and duty fees which will probably negate any discount you were originally getting in the 1st place and would be just as well ordering from the UK or German amazon site.

I've done the same when ordering to the UK, for the "discount" im getting to be completely negated with import/tax/duty fees so im actually only saving like £1..... or even paying more. So i just buy from the UK site or i luckily have one of my browser extensions find a better deal/get coupon codes for money off.

Oh yeah i forgot about honey hah ?

when i go to mexico to visit my family i do buy from US and its really good i never had a problem

15 minutes ago, YourNewPalAlex said:

Do the german sites include VAT? Is that why it seems so much more expensive?

yes they do