Corsair V.S. G.SKILL RAM

Hello,

I am currently in the process of piecing together a Ryzen 7 3800x or Ryzen 7 3900x build.

I'm stuck between the G.SKILL TridentZ or the Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 3600 kits.

Which would you pick over the other and why?  Also, if you would suggest different RAM entirely which would it be and why?

Thanks,

FineV

If there is no price different just get which ever you like more and will fit better with the build (appearance,size and design).

7 minutes ago, FineVisionz said:

Hello,

I am currently in the process of piecing together a Ryzen 7 3800x or Ryzen 7 3900x build.

I'm stuck between the G.SKILL TridentZ or the Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 3600 kits.

Which would you pick over the other and why?  Also, if you would suggest different RAM entirely which would it be and why?

Thanks,

FineV

Styling of the modules would be a subjective choice if you like one better than the other.  Two very nice features with the Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro kit is full software control of the individual LED's and compatibility with the Corsair iCUE ecosystem if you already have other Corsair products.  Let me know if you have any questions about the Vengeance RGB Pro kit.

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/

G.Skill, just because I've bought their RAM for years and only ever had 1 stick fail (even then it lived it's useful life).

Really they're both well known, reputable brands pick whichever one is more aesthetically pleasing to you.

1 minute ago, Corsair Nick said:

Styling of the modules would be a subjective choice if you like one better than the other.  Two very nice features with the Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro kit is full software control of the individual LED's and compatibility with the Corsair iCUE ecosystem if you already have other Corsair products.  Let me know if you have any questions about the Vengeance RGB Pro kit.

Whats the second feature?

1.Is rgb control...

2.???

2 minutes ago, FineVisionz said:

Compatability with the Corsair iCUE ecosystem

This is one feature. You can control the rgb with the iCUE or IQ ?. What else???

1 minute ago, ManosMax13 said:

This is one feature. You can control the rgb with the iCUE or IQ ?. What else???

Compatibility extends further for things like SDK game integration, and full system linked lighting effects.  iCUE currently has integration in Diablo 3, Metro Exodus, Far Cry 5 and New Dawn, Division 2, with more titles in the works.

Software control in general allows you to control and customize each individual LED on every module as opposed to only pre-defined lighting effects without it enabled.  Sounds very similar, but very different levels of customization.

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

1 minute ago, Corsair Nick said:

Compatibility extends further for things like SDK game integration, and full system linked lighting effects.  iCUE currently has integration in Diablo 3, Metro Exodus, Far Cry 5 and New Dawn, Division 2, with more titles in the works.

Software control in general allows you to control and customize each individual LED on every module as opposed to only pre-defined lighting effects without it enabled.  Sounds very similar, but very different levels of customization.

Thanks I get what you mean I have a Corsair Keyboard the K95 platinum to be exact. Is there game integration for this too? Where can I find it in the ICUE software?

Are you comparing the specs or just looking at aesthetics and the controls for the RGB?  Because the G.SKILL kit has a lower CL.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

5 minutes ago, ManosMax13 said:

Thanks I get what you mean I have a Corsair Keyboard the K95 platinum to be exact. Is there game integration for this too? Where can I find it in the ICUE software?

All iCUE compatible hardware should be compatible with the games I listed above.  Make sure the most current version of iCUE is installed, and "Enable SDK" is checked in settings in the lower right panel.  Once you start any of the supported games, the SDK game integration should kick in and react to game elements.

image.png.3fff27eea5fcefdf57906bc7de39ef68.png

If you go for aesthetics, Corsair won't dissapoint. I love the waterfall rainbow RGB on my Vengeance Pro's. 

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Nvidia RTX 3090 FE - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 32GB DDR4 3200MHz - Samsung 980 Pro 250GB NVMe m.2 PCIE 4.0 - 970 Evo 1TB NVMe m.2 - T5 500GB External SSD - Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming (Wi-Fi 6) - Corsair H150i Pro RGB 360mm - 3 x 120mm Corsair AF120 Quiet Edition - 3 x 120mm Corsair ML120 - Corsair RM850X - Corsair Carbide 275R - Asus ROG PG279Q IPS 1440p 165hz G-Sync - Logitech G513 Linear - Logitech G502 Lightsync Wireless - Steelseries Arctic 7 Wireless

15 minutes ago, Corsair Nick said:

All iCUE compatible hardware should be compatible with the games I listed above.  Make sure the most current version of iCUE is installed, and "Enable SDK" is checked in settings in the lower right panel.  Once you start any of the supported games, the SDK game integration should kick in and react to game elements.

image.png.3fff27eea5fcefdf57906bc7de39ef68.png

Thanks for the help.

1 hour ago, nick name said:

Are you comparing the specs or just looking at aesthetics and the controls for the RGB?  Because the G.SKILL kit has a lower CL.  

1 hour ago, Reytime said:

If you go for aesthetics, Corsair won't dissapoint. I love the waterfall rainbow RGB on my Vengeance Pro's. 

I'm going for performance with Ryzen CPU's as I like the looks of both of them.

I'm just worried about running into CPU cooler clearance with a Hyper 212 EVO