Selling my OG PS4, how much can I expect to get for it?

maartendc

Hello everyone,

I am not playing any PS4 games at the moment, so deciding to sell my PS4.

It is a OG model, 500GB, one controller, in pristine condition, with power cable, HDMI cable, withOUT box.

How much can I expect to sell it for currently? I will try both Craigslist and Ebay. My Ebay rating is 100%.

Thanks!

Put it up for sale soon because the Days of Play Sale is starting probably next week or the week after and Sony has already shown their limited edition Days of Play 2019 PS4 Slim 1TB in their State of Play video they released last week. It's likely that limited edition PS4 Slim will go for $250 MSRP. Which is currently what a used OG PS4 sells for at Gamestop. I would bet $180 to $220 is what you'll be looking at getting for your used OG PS4 if you sell now, but when a new one is $250 I can't imagine anyone paying close to $200 for your old system.

Just saw on ebay you can buy a refurbished OG PS4 500GB direct from Sony for $230 with a six month warranty, so that might keep your resale value probably around that $200 range at most. On Offerup I often see them selling for $180 to $220.

wat.  i can get an OG ps4 500gb in good condition for $100 in the UK.

Desktop: Slick

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600    Motherboard: Asus Prime X470-Pro    RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200mhz CL16   GPU: GTX 1080 8GB 

Storage: Samsung PM981 256GB (970 EVO)    PSU: Corsair TX650M   Case: Lian-Li PCO11 Dynamic - White  Fans: Deepcool RF120mm RGB

Peripherals: HP Omen X 35 Ultrawide (3440x1440, 100hz, G-Sync), Logitech g903, mdr-1000x, umc22 + AKG D5, Drevo Blademaster 87K RGB (Gateron Browns)

Laptop: Surface Laptop 2 Platinum - i5 8250u, 8gb ram, 256gb nvme, 13 inch pixelsense touch display

Phone: Huawei Mate 20 pro 128gb Black + iphone 6s 32gb gold

20 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Just saw on ebay you can buy a refurbished OG PS4 500GB direct from Sony for $230 with a six month warranty, so that might keep your resale value probably around that $200 range at most. On Offerup I often see them selling for $180 to $220.

Yeah around the $200 mark is what I saw on Ebay from most selelrs. I think that sounds about right. Thank you!

31 minutes ago, Zeddex said:

wat.  i can get an OG ps4 500gb in good condition for $100 in the UK.

That is insanely cheap!

20 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Put it up for sale soon because the Days of Play Sale is starting probably next week or the week after and Sony has already shown their limited edition Days of Play 2019 PS4 Slim 1TB in their State of Play video they released last week. It's likely that limited edition PS4 Slim will go for $250 MSRP. Which is currently what a used OG PS4 sells for at Gamestop. I would bet $180 to $220 is what you'll be looking at getting for your used OG PS4 if you sell now, but when a new one is $250 I can't imagine anyone paying close to $200 for your old system. 

Good to know, thanks for the tip! I will put it up for sale sooner rather than later!

where i am they go for around 100$ 500gb OG ps4. usualy most people bundle them with their games ( 5-6 AAA new games ) for 120-150$. completely dependant on where you are located and how "dumb" the people who buys them are. if you look around you can easily score a OG ps4 for 80-120$. i got my ps4 pro 1tb for 130$, 

21 hours ago, Norwegiantweaker said:

where i am they go for around 100$ 500gb OG ps4. usualy most people bundle them with their games ( 5-6 AAA new games ) for 120-150$. completely dependant on where you are located and how "dumb" the people who buys them are. if you look around you can easily score a OG ps4 for 80-120$. i got my ps4 pro 1tb for 130$,  

hmmm I see some people on Craigslist in my area sell them for about $120 or so without games.

If that is all I am getting for it, I think I'll keep it.

I got my ps4 fat 2nd hand for 160$ it was only the console, 2 controllers, and horizon zero dawn. it seemed fair to me :|

There is no such thing as a bad PC, there are only BETTER PCs

• 2 weeks later...

I just sold it for $180 cash on my local craigslist with controller, no games.

Waht do you think, I did good?

On Ebay $200 seemed to be the going rate for console + controller, but Ebay takes a cut. Craigslist pricing is all over the place.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2019 at 9:13 PM, maartendc said:

I just sold it for $180 cash on my local craigslist with controller, no games. Waht do you think, I did good? On Ebay $200 seemed to be the going rate for console + controller, but Ebay takes a cut. Craigslist pricing is all over the place. Thanks!

Those old PS4's go for as low as $25.00(rare, but it happens) up to over $800(people are dumb). You got pretty much an average, okay deal and it's good that you didn't throw in any games in the deal because games can get you a lot more money, depending on the game of course.

Had I been in your shoes, I'd have sold it for $280 minimum if it was in the pristine condition in which you described it. Ya' gotta think about mommies and daddies having no clue what a PS4 costs and that a storage device inside even exists. They just want to give their child something to do.

2 hours ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

Those old PS4's go for as low as $25.00(rare, but it happens) up to over $800(people are dumb). You got pretty much an average, okay deal and it's good that you didn't throw in any games in the deal because games can get you a lot more money, depending on the game of course.

Had I been in your shoes, I'd have sold it for $280 minimum if it was in the pristine condition in which you described it. Ya' gotta think about mommies and daddies having no clue what a PS4 costs and that a storage device inside even exists. They just want to give their child something to do. 

Thanks for the reply.

Well yeah, Im pretty happy with the money I got for it. Dont want to rip people off, since it is on sale for $250 at Gamestop used with warranty.

I sold my games separately indeed. Got another $25 for RDR2.

I think you did well.

Obviously you should try and get as much as you can, and the local market determines prices, but it doesn't seem too likely you could have got all that much more.