A Legend, Reborn - Logitech MX 518 Review

James

Buy Logitech G MX518:
On Amazon: https://geni.us/XFuvhq
On Newegg: https://geni.us/YEWjbN

The original Logitech MX 518 from 2005 is a classic, and now they’ve released a modernized version - The Logitech G MX518 Legendary with their flagship Hero sensor and a new look. But does it still hold up?

I had the MX Duo (the mouse was the MX700) and it's the only mouse I still miss. It was pretty heavy with 2/3? AA's but against all perceived wisdom I miss the weight and solidity. I bought it about 2002 I think. Gave it away to my best mate around 2010 (fool). It finally died in 2018. We both now have Corsair Scimitars and M65 Pro's. Whilst nice, both of us would have an upgraded MX Duo in a heartbeat. That mouse was truly legendary. 

I literally was still using my mx518 till about 3 months ago when the left click actually stopped working, ever had to replace the cable I had considered a few times to see if I could find replacement part to fix it but this....  this may be the answer I have a G502 I have been using since I broke it within the first year I had it and need to replace the middle click.and the mesh cabling is having the same problem that killed my G500 eventually.

Damn do I ever miss the mx518 though. buying one of these immediately maybe 3 just for backups.

Bought and returned one, didn't like the ridging on the right side.  Currently using the Pro wireless at home and the MX Master at work.

Workstation:  14700nonK || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 13700K @ Stock || MSI Z690 DDR4 || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3060 RTX Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

first with my G300s --> G400s --> now rocking G402 ❤️ !

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

Seems like I am gonna be the first one to mention this.

Have you by any chance misspelled overview and typed review? This was legit a comparison old vs new, I didn't see a single thing (maybe software remapping part or the graph at the end that had almost no explanation on what it was) that was about reviewing the mouse. Not a single one. I am sorry but this was so shallow on the actual review part MKBHD reviews seem like in depth Anandtech style reviews compared to this. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

image.png.0780c90d2a78276da5e311a9d15d888b.png

Good to see Taran got that upgrade he was hoping for. ? 

my all time fav mouse was also a logitech piece, a MX610L the micro switches died and I still haven't found a good replacement

On 5/1/2019 at 2:28 PM, Shnitzil said:

No, logitech g902

...what in the fuck is THAT!? ..d...does it have cold air intake scoops on the top? ...what the is that? ...and i thought the mx518 looked weird and stabby.

32 minutes ago, cdoublejj said:

...what in the fuck is THAT!? ..d...does it have cold air intake scoops on the top? ...what the is that? ...and i thought the mx518 looked weird and stabby.

Actuly its a awsome mouse because its good with left handed people like me