I'm having trouble with my pc

Max03

Okay, so I've had my pc for a while now (like a year) and my pc has been working (in games) worse than I think it should. The reason I think my pc is working worse than it should be is because when I open a game, my whole pc usually lags (wich means if I don't close the game I can't do almost anything, even opening google takes like 15 to 20 seconds), and a friend of mine who has a slightly worse pc than I do usually has higher fps than me.
 I've been having this problem for a long time and I can't figure out what it is, even when I open up the pc and clean it all it still works the same way. I'll try to list all of my pc's specifications:

-Windows 10 Home 64bits

-DirectX 12

-Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60GHz
-8,00 GB RAM

-NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6gb

-Motherboard: MSI H110M PRO-VH Plus (MS-7A15)

If you have any recommendations on what I should do, please tell me.  Thank you.

slow old hard drive maybe? do you have an ssd or are you still running of only a hard drive. If you are running of only a hard drive how old is it

Omega-  I5 6600k | Gigabyte GTX 1060 | Cougar Panzer | DDR4 16GB 3000MHz | MSI Z170 Gaming M5

EVGA 650 GQ | AOC 60Hz Freesync Panels x2 | AOC 144hz Freesync Panel x1

Epsilon- I7 2700k | Asus GTX 970 | Corsair 780t | DDR3 8GB 1600MHz | EVGA Z68 FTW Mobo

Corsair 750W G2 | Acer R240HY x2

Upsilon- i7 5500u | 6GB DDR3 | 720p 60Hz panel

Yeah, are you running just an old hard drive still? Whats its disk usage when experiencing the slow downs? If you open the performance tab in task manager it will show you current disk usage.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

Upgrade to 16GB of ram and an SSD. DDR4 Ram and SSD prices have dropped significantly. You can get a 16GB 2x8GB kit of Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz for like $80, and a 240GB SSD for $30.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

I would just reinstall windows. If you don't have an SSD definitely get one and install windows on that instead of a mechanical HD. SSD prices have completely crashed, they're really cheap right now, theres no reason not to have one. 

i7-8700k @ 4.8Ghz | EVGA CLC 280mm | Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 | 16GB G-Skill DDR4-3000 C15 | EVGA RTX 2080 | Corsair RM650x | NZXT S340 Elite | Zowie XL2730 

All of you said pretty much the same things so that's probably it, I'll try to get a newer hard drive and buy more RAM and an SSD drive, thanks to all of you.

10 minutes ago, Max03 said:

All of you said pretty much the same things so that's probably it, I'll try to get a newer hard drive and buy more RAM and an SSD drive, thanks to all of you.

I think people are misleading you. You haven't even found the culprit of the problem, and people are just telling you to upgrade things they think are slow. You didn't ask for upgrade advice, you've asked why your system is having issues and lagging and we still do not know the answer to why. Are you maxing out your RAM at 8/8GB? If not, then there is no reason to go spend $80 on RAM. Will it make the system better? Yes. Will it fix your problem? We have no idea.

In the world of cars, this is called the "parts cannon", where you come in with an issue, and the mechanic is unskilled to actually fix something and just keeps replacing parts until the issue goes away. This is not what you want to do. I will say that regardless of your issue, an SSD as your boot drive will make a massive difference in how fast things respond, but may not neccisarily fix your issues as we don't know the cause and you haven't told us anything you've troubleshooted or what the results of troubleshooting steps are.

Check your hard drive usage, RAM usage, and CPU/GPU temperatures. Find the problem, then fix it. Don't just throw cash at it. These are simple to check and could tell you exactly what is holding your system back.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]