Finished the "Overkill" build.

Ravenbear

Whenever I build something like my motorcycle or camera setup I always go for broke and my first build in 6 years was no different.  Corsair 780T, Asus ROG Maximus xi Code, 64gb DDR 4 Corsair Dominator 3000mhz RAM, Intel i9 9900k water cooled with an Alphacool  Eisbaer 249,  2 RTX 2080Ti Founders Editions, Water cooled with an Alphacool Eiswolf GPX pro. Powered by a Corsar1200axi, After I got it together it really dawned on me how OP it is. But to be honest I have a childish glee about it.

I am a disabled Vet who had his hands crushed. Typing is not the easiest thing. So if I misspelled something please understand. Thank you.

Tantibus venit ades profunde tenebris ubi diabolus in ingluviem dentibus maxillas novaculam ubi angeli sulphuris accendit plorat.

CPU Intel i7 9900k Motherboard ROG Maximus XI Code RAM 64gb DDR4 3000mhz Corsair Dominator GPU RTX 2080ti FE x 2 Case Corsair GRAPHITE 780T Storage 2 Western Digital Blue 4 TB HHDs, 1tb Western Digital SSD. Seagate Barracuda 2tb Hybrid drive, and  1 Western Digital M.2 1tb PSU Corsair HX 1200 Displays 1 Samsung U28D590 28in and 1 Samsung C49hg90DMN 49 Cooling Alphacool Eiswolf GPX Pro / Alphacool Eisbaer 240

i think it might be capable of 720p gaming
1080p if you play on low settings

for more you need some xeons and at least 2 titan rtx in sli

3 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

what are you really doing with the "overkill" build? 

Trying to run Crysis

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L

i thinked you timed the build poorly considering Zen 2 is right around the corner

8 minutes ago, Devryd said:

how much did that cost?
please send pictures

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant
Type Item Price
CPU Intel - Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor $479.99 @ Walmart
CPU Cooler Alphacool - Eisbaer 240 63.85 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $144.96 @ Amazon
Motherboard Asus - ROG MAXIMUS XI CODE ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $345.99 @ SuperBiiz
Memory Corsair - Dominator Platinum RGB 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $479.99 @ Newegg
Storage Samsung - 860 Evo 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive $147.99 @ Amazon
Storage Western Digital - Black NVMe 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $229.99 @ Newegg Business
Storage Western Digital - Blue 4 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive $84.99 @ Amazon
Storage Western Digital - Blue 4 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive $84.99 @ Amazon
Storage Seagate - FireCuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Hybrid Internal Hard Drive $99.89 @ OutletPC
Video Card NVIDIA - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB Founders Edition Video Card (2-Way SLI) Purchased For $1275.00
Video Card NVIDIA - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB Founders Edition Video Card (2-Way SLI) Purchased For $1275.00
Case Corsair - 780T ATX Full Tower Case $149.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply Corsair - Professional 1200 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $226.89 @ OutletPC
Operating System Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit $99.39 @ OutletPC
Monitor Samsung - CHG90 49.0" 3840x1080 144 Hz Monitor $1011.28 @ Amazon
UPS APC - BR1500G UPS $249.99 @ Dell
Other Alphacool Eiswolf 240 GPX Pro Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080/2080Ti - Black M02 (11684) $243.00
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total (before mail-in rebates) $6659.32
  Mail-in rebates -$30.00
  Total $6629.32
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-04-23 03:24 EDT-0400  

I'll  get some picks up tomorow been a long day and my bed is calling me.

I am a disabled Vet who had his hands crushed. Typing is not the easiest thing. So if I misspelled something please understand. Thank you.

Tantibus venit ades profunde tenebris ubi diabolus in ingluviem dentibus maxillas novaculam ubi angeli sulphuris accendit plorat.

CPU Intel i7 9900k Motherboard ROG Maximus XI Code RAM 64gb DDR4 3000mhz Corsair Dominator GPU RTX 2080ti FE x 2 Case Corsair GRAPHITE 780T Storage 2 Western Digital Blue 4 TB HHDs, 1tb Western Digital SSD. Seagate Barracuda 2tb Hybrid drive, and  1 Western Digital M.2 1tb PSU Corsair HX 1200 Displays 1 Samsung U28D590 28in and 1 Samsung C49hg90DMN 49 Cooling Alphacool Eiswolf GPX Pro / Alphacool Eisbaer 240

1 hour ago, Devryd said:

how much did that cost?
please send pictures

$6629.32  USD

I'll get some better pictures tomorrow.

system.jpg

53 minutes ago, SoreRaito said:

Pic's or it didn't happen =D

system.jpg

49 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

what are you really doing with the "overkill" build? 

Pretty much anything I set my mind to. Gaming to the extreme comes to mind. But that really was not the point. It's like my1995 Yamaha V-Max 148hp off the showroom floor. After 20 years of modifying it has 196hp. Not that I will ever need that much, I just wanted to see what I could build.

This post makes me sad.... that much money spent, and it looks like something that a blind kid put together :/

R7 5800x -:- Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming -:- EVGA FTW3 Ultra RTX3080 -:- EVGA 850 GA -:- 32GB G.Skill TridentZ Neo  -:- Asus TUF GT501

11 hours ago, Ravenbear said:

Total (before mail-in rebates) $6659.32
  Mail-in rebates -$30.00
  Total $6629.32

That rebate ?

Please, do some cable management. :/ 

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.

Nice gear man, and like others said your cable management needs some help but I also read your sig so maybe the hands are an issue, if so than maybe just ignore all of us lol. Enjoy the rig

?

15 hours ago, Giganthrax said:

Please, do some cable management. :/ 

All of you commenting on cable management. I have crippled hands from having a HUMVEE role over on them after an IDE blew 20 ft in the air.  So I do the best I can it is hard enough to get wires on the header and other things that take two hands and manual dexterity. So unless someone wants to come to do it for me it is about as good as it gets at the moment. The air flow is not hampered and it stays cool under heavy load. During burn in the CPU never got above 70c and the GPU  55 to 60c. And if you did not know the black (wires) are hoses for the 2 water coolers.  Hell, sometimes I am good if I can hold a F**king cup of coffee. So maybe sometimes people have a legit reason for not doing things your way to perfection

3 minutes ago, Mr. horse said:

Nice system Ravenbear

I never quite got why people go nuts when they see a cable in a PC. The last thing I want to do it pull the whole system apart and cut cable ties to move a cable a few inches. That is not cable management, its cable hiding and something OCD people do.

The cable management in the is system really is not all that bad to being with. Could it be cleaned up? Yes. Does it really matter? not all that much really. I'll take a system I can work on any day over a system that has all the cables hid.

Thanks. I kind of feel the same. If it is not blocking air flow I do not really worry about it. This a hobby for me, something to keep busy with. I use to like FPS and such and I cannot do that anymore so this is as close as I can get to it.

Aw crap, didn't read your sig before I commented on cable management. 

In that case, it's actually quite cool that you could assemble a computer with your disability. I myself don't have any such disabilities, and it still took me a lot of effort to get it done, so kudos to you. 

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.

Not accurate build. Do some cable management!

And not surprised about the price) My PC is 2.5 times more expensive))))

On 4/24/2019 at 1:20 PM, Giganthrax said:

Aw crap, didn't read your sig before I commented on cable management. 

In that case, it's actually quite cool that you could assemble a computer with your disability. I myself don't have any such disabilities, and it still took me a lot of effort to get it done, so kudos to you. 

No big thing. Sorry I got snappy. And thank you.

On 4/24/2019 at 1:12 PM, Mr. horse said:

I work for a company that hires allot of disabled people and do know others that have a hard time using a computer. Have you ever looked into assistive technology? They make mice and keyboards that are better suited for people with injured and limited use of their hands. 

I get a great deal of help from the VA and a few other groups. My dog helps a lot by finding pieces I dropped. I use voice recognition soft were for a lot the time to do the bulk of my typing. I have even got to test out Iriscom, EOG, and Msoe-tv to do computer stuff. I push my self< I want to get back to where I can hunt and fish again as well as ride my motorcycle again have a pile of games on my system that I will be able to play someday. But the biggest thing is I want to be able to feel my wife and kids when I hold them,

On 4/25/2019 at 11:51 AM, SharkGTX said:

Not accurate build. Do some cable management!

And not surprised about the price) My PC is 2.5 times more expensive))))

I guess you are right please show me how to do it. Na I would love to see your system as well.

Folks honestly I did not intend to sound like I was bragging about this, which I did. I was just proud of it and want people in the know that would understand it. That one system took me almost 2 months, sometime it too me 15 to 20 mins just to plug a header cable in.  And if you built something and it works and does not burn your house down. Be proud of what you did. At least you tried.

4 hours ago, Ravenbear said:

Folks honestly I did not intend to sound like I was bragging about this, which I did. I was just proud of it and want people in the know that would understand it. That one system took me almost 2 months, sometime it too me 15 to 20 mins just to plug a header cable in.  And if you built something and it works and does not burn your house down. Be proud of what you did. At least you tried.

I'm confused, why didn't you use 2 Titan RTX or Quadro RTX 6000 instead?

I lurk 

HP Spectre x360 13t late 2019
Core i5 1035g4
8gb ram
256GB NVME SSD
HP 24mh FHD Monitor 

OnePlus 5
Jabra evolve 75
Razer Blackwidow Lite

Steelseries Rival 3

Nice build Ravenbear!!. Yes its a little over kill,(under statement of the year) But if you want to build something that will do what ever you want it to and you have the means . Then you might as well go all the way.!!!!