What GPU to buy for mining

am looking to extend my mining rigs, I need advice on what GPU to buy for mining, Should I buy GTX1660 OR RX580? Or any other recommendations? Electricity is free for I am on solar power.

"ROI is not an issue i just wanna know the budget GPU that can mine best "

6 hours ago, xDD said:

am looking to extend my mining rigs, I need advice on what GPU to buy for mining, Should I buy GTX1660 OR RX580? Or any other recommendations? Electricity is free for I am on solar power.

wouldn't you get a much more reasonable hashrate to power ratio switching to an asic miner? I wasn't aware there were any coins where it was still viable to mine with gpus?

1 minute ago, Labeled said:

wouldn't you get a much more reasonable hashrate to power ratio switching to an asic miner? I wasn't aware there were any coins where it was still viable to mine with gpus?

NVM I don't want to jump on asic because GPUs, on the other hand, can be sold easily.

3 minutes ago, Labeled said:

I wasn't aware there were any coins where it was still viable to mine with gpus?

Well, if power is free, it does change the balance to a degree. Though, all the investment one puts into hardware -- in OP's case, solar-system and GPU and that -- may take decades to pay off, so it's still not a particularly good idea.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 minute ago, WereCatf said:

Well, if power is free, it does change the balance to a degree. Though, all the investment one puts into hardware -- in OP's case, solar-system and GPU and that -- may take decades to pay off, so it's still not a particularly good idea.

ROI is not an issue i just wanna know the budget GPU that can mine best 

6 hours ago, xDD said:

Which coin? 

Just now, Labeled said:

Which coin? 

etherium,ravencoin ,Monero

6 hours ago, xDD said:

if ROI isn't an issue, why go for a budget GPU? Depending on your area, reselling a used GPU won't always be easy.

6 hours ago, Teddy07 said:

You would have earned more money from working instead of creating this topic

This is pretty true, especially if you're just looking at a 1660 or 580, with either of those cards you won't get 1 ethereum coin(174usd) in 1 year. with the difficulty scaling up over time, unless you just have money to throw at it, even with free power I don't think you'll be profitable.

1 hour ago, Labeled said:

if ROI isn't an issue, why go for a budget GPU? Depending on your area, reselling a used GPU won't always be easy.

This is pretty true, especially if you're just looking at a 1660 or 580, with either of those cards you won't get 1 ethereum coin(174usd) in 1 year. with the difficulty scaling up over time, unless you just have money to throw at it, even with free power I don't think you'll be profitable.

by what u said I understand but the way am looking to crypto space is not 174$ for eth or 5k to Btc it will go up by the time:Looking to get some Gpu knowledge by the hash rate per dollar just as we calculate fps /dollar?