Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EricStar

RTX2070 married Ryzen 1600

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi Gurus,

I got myself a RTX 2070 and pared it with my old AMD Ryzen 1600.

Without OCing my CPU I notice that there are micro stuttering in games like BF V and Apex Legends. (more stuttering in BF V vs Apex)

With that said I have OC-ed the CPU to 3.75 ghz (max stable), there is noticeable less stuttering. Also did a fresh install of WIN 10 & new mobo , bios , Nvidia, etc... drivers & games installed in SSD.

Does this mean that its time to plug in a faster Ryzen? From all the leaks I am tempted to get my hands on a Ryzen 3rd gen with all those news leaks going out there (digesting these with plenty of salt XD).

Thanks in advance. Cheers

PC Specs:

AMD Ryzen 1600

16GB DDR4 G.Skill RGB TridentZ 3200mhz

Asus Strix B350-F Gaming

Corsair CX750M

Samsung Evo 860 SSD 250gb (X2) + WD Blue 1TB (X2)

2 minutes ago, EricStar said:

8gb (x2)

Very strange.. you sure its running at 3200mhz? cuz i doubt 1st gen hits 3200mhz, its pretty rare

Battlefield V is very CPU heavy and I want to say so is Apex.

It's not your RAM or your GPU, it's just that your CPU seems to be taxed to hell.

Volume / Normalized 100% / 89% (content loudness 1.0dB)

Playing at 1080P or 1440P?

Ray Tracing and DLSS on or off?

i9 9900K @ 5.0 GHz, NH D15, 32 GB GSKILL Trident Z RGB, AORUS Z390 MASTER, EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB, ACER Predator 27", HYPERX Alloy Elite KB, Logitech Gaming Pro Mouse, CM Master Case 5, Seasonic Prime Titanium Ultra 750W. 

NEW PSU Tier List      MB Tier List

7 minutes ago, emosun said:

did you check the cpu usage or are you just making a guess without checking it

I did check my cpu usage when it was at stock was running at 100% most of the time which lead to OC-ing the CPU but kind of forgotten to do this during OC. 🤦‍♂️

Just now, EricStar said:

I did check my cpu usage when it was at stock was running at 100% most of the time which lead to OC-ing the CPU but kind of forgotten to do this during OC. 🤦‍♂️

the overclock will have helped it zero then. I think few people know that an overclocks actual results are sub par to buying faster hardware.

Just replace the cpu

1 minute ago, Ankerson said:

Playing at 1080P or 1440P?

Ray Tracing and DLSS on or off?

1080P, all Ray Tracing & DLSS on with Medium graphics settings...

14 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

Battlefield V is very CPU heavy and I want to say so is Apex.

It's not your RAM or your GPU, it's just that your CPU seems to be taxed to hell.

So the best solution 8C/16T?

7 minutes ago, EricStar said:

1080P, all Ray Tracing & DLSS on with Medium graphics settings...

Turn off RT and see if it's any better.

What monitor are you using?

i9 9900K @ 5.0 GHz, NH D15, 32 GB GSKILL Trident Z RGB, AORUS Z390 MASTER, EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB, ACER Predator 27", HYPERX Alloy Elite KB, Logitech Gaming Pro Mouse, CM Master Case 5, Seasonic Prime Titanium Ultra 750W. 

NEW PSU Tier List      MB Tier List

3 minutes ago, emosun said:

the overclock will have helped it zero then. I think few people know that an overclocks actual results are sub par to buying faster hardware.

Just replace the cpu

In contradiction, did notice that I gained a few frames with OC, but could not figure out why on earth stuttering occurs.

6 minutes ago, EricStar said:

You don't need more cores, just faster ones. Waiting for 3rd gen Ryzen and getting a new 6 core would work wonders.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - The venerated Hyper 212 Evo (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - MSI GTX 650 - some 7200RPM SATA II thing - Ubuntu (at the moment)

Feel free to critique my website. I am but a young entrepreneur.

2 minutes ago, EricStar said:

In contradiction, did notice that I gained a few frames with OC, but could not figure out why on earth stuttering occurs.

becuase the cpu overclock didnt do anything

1 minute ago, Ankerson said:

Turn off RT and see if it's any better.

What monitor are you using?

Monitor: Acer XF240H

Kind of suc* not able to RTX ON 😐 if it turns out to be RT...

Newer game do need high ipc processor,and amd a bit laging behind intel,just wait for 3rd gen ryzen line up for replace your processor,let's just hope it has more ipc as amd promised

5 minutes ago, Soerya said:

Newer game do need high ipc processor,and amd a bit laging behind intel,just wait for 3rd gen ryzen line up for replace your processor,let's just hope it has more ipc as amd promised

Hopeful as well. 

11 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

You don't need more cores, just faster ones. Waiting for 3rd gen Ryzen and getting a new 6 core would work wonders.

Ahhh, Thats monthsss away for me vs you guys in the States... 😥

Something doesn’t seem right here. I play both of those games with a rtx2060 and a ryzen 7 1800x and I have no issues keeping framerate over 100 at 1080p and I don’t notice this stutter your talking about.  

Do you have anything running in the background while you play? 

CPU: Ryzen 7 1800x 4ghz @1.345v

Mobo: MSI B450 Tomahawk

GPU: Asus Strix Rtx 2060

Ram: 16gb ddr4 hyper x fury 2666 @ 3000mhz

Case: Fractal design focus G

PSU: EVGA 600bq

Storage:Samsung 860 evo 500gb, 2tb wd Black

Display: Aoc G2590fx 144hz 1080p

Mouse: Logitech G502 proteus spectrum

Keyboard: Razer ornata chroma 

1 hour ago, EricStar said:

zen 1 just lacks the single core speed, you are running at 80+fps? shouldnt stutter at 60

9900k 1.36v 5.2 83C 185w 1.24v 4.9 60C 135w 1.05v 4.5 90w 50C (doing some testing for hot days) all-2avx cinebench/blender temps. avx voltages in prime. ll D15 ll Z390 taichi ult 1.60 bios fixed LLC voltage gaps ll gskill 2x8gb cl16 ddr4000 bdie 1.42v ll 4x samsung 970 evo 256gb (asus hyper pcie m2 raid card) ll 2x samsung 860 evo 500gb raid 0 (<--i should've went with 1tb nvmemistake of the build) ll EVGA 2080 ti XC (duo fan skinny) 1995//7600 power limited 79C max, stock voltage (really bad ocer) ll Corsair graphite 780T ll EVGA G2 1300w ll Windows 10 Pro ll NEC PA272w (movie, work mon) 2k60 14bit lut ll Predator X27 4k144 hdr (rgb98)

8 hours ago, Gohardgrandpa said:

Something doesn’t seem right here. I play both of those games with a rtx2060 and a ryzen 7 1800x and I have no issues keeping framerate over 100 at 1080p and I don’t notice this stutter your talking about.  

Do you have anything running in the background while you play? 

I think your cpu is the strong point. I just did some research at 1080p its cpu bottle neck higher than that is your gpu...

I will test my cpu in a while to see this theory holds but it looks true from all I read...
I did a fresh install. None of the unusual, RGB softwares, normal drivers, Microsoft office, chrome etc...

Oh dear, Buttery experience with DX11 compared to sickly DX12. WIth DX 11 & OC CPU usage has never peaked to 100%. With DX12 will just crash my game and at times reach 100% CPU usage... 🤨

Do you guys have any issues with DX12?