Need a decent monitoring headphone

Hiya!

Hello there..I was wondering if there's any decent monitoring headphone under $100 that Fiio Q1 could drive.

I have surf the web and got my eyes on the M40x but are there any better option that i am not aware of?

Thank you!

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

Status audio cb1 is a cheaper alternative a little worse built but sounds better more flat and has better pads thus making it a lot more comfortable for longer listening sessions. Aside from that takstar pro 82 is better built than both CB and m40x and more comfortable if not the most comfortable headphone you will wear. One downside that are a little colored. And the classic short 9500s I saw a few pop up on new egg for like $80 scoop those up if you can still the best you can buy build and sound quality wise beats everything except for the takstars in comfort.but is open back. And the even more classic k240 I own them they are a different set of cans but are really outdated nowadays.

6 minutes ago, rice guru said:

Status audio cb1 is a cheaper alternative a little worse built but sounds better more flat and has better pads thus making it a lot more comfortable for longer listening sessions. Aside from that takstar pro 82 is better built than both CB and m40x and more comfortable if not the most comfortable headphone you will wear. One downside that are a little colored. And the classic short 9500s I saw a few pop up on new egg for like $80 scoop those up if you can still the best you can buy build and sound quality wise beats everything except for the takstars in comfort.but is open back. And the even more classic k240 I own them they are a different set of cans but are really outdated nowadays.

How can a headphones be outdated?

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

3 minutes ago, rice guru said:

I am not doing some serious editing but i need a comfortable headphone yes..but i am not a fan of colored headphone although i can tolerate it if its not too crazy.

So what do you think i should get? the Pro 82 or the 9500s?

1 minute ago, 19_blackie_73 said:

Because its old and use older tech and there are better option out there? i heard that k240 are a bit hard to drive if you just use your motherboard dac.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

Just now, 19_blackie_73 said:

Honestly price to performance. Like they are a cheap headphone but even at its price point I can point to better and more comfortable cans. Like the akg k220 sounds the same is cheaper literally the same can just massdrop. Or monoprice retros sounds better, is more fun, easier to drive. 

1 minute ago, Hiya! said:

I am not doing some serious editing but i need a comfortable headphone yes..but i am not a fan of colored headphone although i can tolerate it if its not too crazy.

So what do you think i should get? the Pro 82 or the 9500s?

Because its old and use older tech and there are better option out there? i heard that k240 are a bit hard to drive if you just use your motherboard dac.

If you can get 9500s for under a $100 grab them all the way it's just the best set of cans for the price point. but takstar pro 82 have 3 sound settings accessed by a switch that auto eqs it. One of the settings is pretty darn flat and should be fine for monitoring. The others color to warm or dark. Warm is great for gaming dark for listening to EDM and hip hop.

1 minute ago, rice guru said:

If you can get 9500s for under a $100 grab them all the way it's just the best set of cans for the price point. but takstar pro 82 have 3 sound settings accessed by a switch that auto eqs it. One of the settings is pretty darn flat and should be fine for monitoring. The others color to warm or dark. Warm is great for gaming dark for listening to EDM and hip hop.

The open back really intrigued me but..idk..the takstar seems very interesting as well.

I'll look more into those two..thank you for the suggestion.

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

45 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

The open back really intrigued me but..idk..the takstar seems very interesting as well.

I'll look more into those two..thank you for the suggestion.

If you plan on monitoring your own voice or using these to record yourself while having mic right beside you. I would personally grab cb-1 or takstars as the open back will leak sound Into your mic. 

2 minutes ago, rice guru said:

If you plan on monitoring your own voice or using these to record yourself while having mic right beside you. I would personally grab cb-1 or takstars as the open back will leak sound Into your mic. 

Hmm that make sense..okay then since takstar is the comfort king..i'll get that one.

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

6 hours ago, Hiya! said:

Hmm that make sense..okay then since takstar is the comfort king..i'll get that one.

Yeah I made that mistake one few too many times while recording a podcasts with a few of my buddies. Snowball was getting my buddy's voice while I was wearing my DT 990s. I had to go into audacity and clean it up a little bit more than usual. 

I like the Senn 280 HD pros at that price for monitoring, though I don't use them for anything else since they sound so neutral that they are extremely boring to listen to.