CPU Temps Too High?

I have a i5-9600K Stock and Kraken M22 and the temps are:

idle 55°C+

prime95 100°C+

Now I’m sure thats not right... it does turbo to well over 4Ghz while running tho. Any thoughts?

ack.jpg.df37aadd2ce285e76428e8de163d7376.jpg

What do you have for cooling and how did you apply the thermal paste?

EDIT (because it's late): How hot does the radiator get?

Bought a virtual warranty for my virtual machine. Cost me virtually nothing!

I do the Pea Size method. I attached pics of the paste. Looks even. I don’t think I can tell how hot the radiator is unless you guys might know. 

7B820EAE-EB41-4F1E-8132-98D22A381A28.jpeg

471158C0-9721-4660-8C3C-9998C0A96D50.jpeg

Where did you install the radiator? Pump should never be the highest point of aio loop.

I would say even? The case is an h400 and the radiator exhausts out the back. 

Just now, undrac86 said:

I would say even? The case is an h400 and the radiator exhausts out the back. 

And tubes are under the rad? It might not make a difference but if there is some air in the loop you want it to settle to the radiator and not in the pump block or tubes.

Tubes are at the bottom of the rad, loop down to the cpu. Think of it as a backwards nike symbol.

Side panel is off. I tried some settings in the bios. Full fan speed. 60°C

:(

Tried maxing out pump and fan speed? Otherwise it has to be a faulty unit or very low mounting pressure.

Okay so reapplied the paste... Aaaand it seems a little better but no. Pics of temps and mounting. I have no ideas. 

Edit: Also, I didn't feel the radiator itself, but the airflow coming out of it was very cool. #stillNoIdeas

68A8A496-2377-44BD-B0AB-F5BC52C082A6.jpeg

B89E9786-8F81-4BD0-85D4-AF90331B9084.jpeg

Edited by undrac86
Additional Information

so the rad and pump etc aren't getting hot at all? To be honest with you, when ever I get an Intel CPU I just delid it and go from there. My 6700k had such bad temps out the box I quickly shut it down, took my loop apart and got ready for hard line tubing while delidding the 6700k. Temps shot down.

I think its just the cooler in this case and making sure I wasn't missing something... I was testing this against an air cooled (old intel basic one) i7-6700K and it didn't get to 100°C. Thanks for the help guys... Do you have any recommendations for a 120mm rad AIO Water Cooler?

6 hours ago, undrac86 said:

I think its just the cooler in this case and making sure I wasn't missing something... I was testing this against an air cooled (old intel basic one) i7-6700K and it didn't get to 100°C. Thanks for the help guys... Do you have any recommendations for a 120mm rad AIO Water Cooler?

Not really but I would suggest a bigger radiator 280-360mm.

On 3/13/2019 at 6:16 AM, undrac86 said:

I have a i5-9600K Stock and Kraken M22 and the temps are:

idle 55°C+

prime95 100°C+

Now I’m sure thats not right... it does turbo to well over 4Ghz while running tho. Any thoughts?

If the rad isnt getting hot , its likely the pump is not running.

make sure you have it powered/wired in correctly, if its still not working at that point, its a dead unit.

Since ur runnign a 120mm Unit i would sugest a refund if u can get it, and find a good air cooler, it will perform better for the price and wont have the same poitns of failure AIO's have.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Update: I got this product a bit ago, so RMA'ing is way out of the question... I went ahead and got a new unit.

In the mean time, I installed CAM but only the lighting effects are avail. None of the pump settings or fan settings seem to be detectable. Thanks for everyone's help on this one :)