Is this decent? I honestly don’t know.

2 minutes ago, star_pilot475 said:

Is this power supply any good? I know the Corsair VS series is cheap too, but honestly I can’t eke out even $5 more bucks. 

https://www.amazon.com/MasterWatt-Power-Supply-Certified-Refurbished/dp/B07M6MYC1H

Do you really want to gamble on a component that could take out all the other components you bought?

My Rig:

-i7 7700k @ 4.8 Ghz, delid

-ASRock Z270-ITX/ac mobo 

-16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V @ 3000Mhz

-RX 580 Sapphire Nitro+

-240 AIO, Celsius S24

-Crucial MX300 525GB, 2TB HDD

-Fractal Design Define Nano S

-650 80+ Gold semi modular from EVGA

-1080p 75Hz dell monitor

True. Yeah I didn’t know if this was any good that’s why I was asking.

I got a ps5 and a pc pretty ballin

2 minutes ago, MarbleHornets said:

It's the fucking same quality @star_pilot475

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

3 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

No? Its the same power efficiency, but EVGA's B-series is much better build quality than Coolmaster, which unless its changed recently, has have terrible voltage stability unless you use their V-series.

WINDOWS HAS NOT DETECTED A KEYBOARD

PLEASE PRESS 'F1' TO CONTINUE OR 'F2' TO ABORT.

18 minutes ago, MarbleHornets said:

No? Its the same power efficiency, but EVGA's B-series is much better build quality than Coolmaster, which unless its changed recently, has have terrible voltage stability unless you use their V-series.

It's a group regulated unit iirc. It's garbage.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

6 minutes ago, Geography said:

It's a group regulated unit iirc. It's garbage.

True, unfortunately it is, but what do you expect for $35? I mean it costs more to fill my car.

17 minutes ago, MarbleHornets said:

True, unfortunately it is, but what do you expect for $35? I mean it costs more to fill my car.

You expect a DC-DC unit with a 40°C temperature rating. Like the CX450, System Power 9 and Performance A+. 

:)

3 minutes ago, seon123 said:

You expect a DC-DC unit with a 40°C temperature rating. Like the CX450, System Power 9 and Performance A+. 

What..? You do know the EVGA 500w is a DC-DC unit with a 30C temp rating, and like I said, for $35. CX450 tends to hang around the $50 mark more often than not. Although I do agree that the Cosair is a go to for me most of the time.

Ok, I just found a Corsair vs500 for cheap, should I go for it?

Nope, not really. You should go at least for a DC-DC unit.

Suggesting a PSU would probably be easier if we knew what it's going to be powering, if only... ?

42 minutes ago, star_pilot475 said:

Ok, I just found a Corsair vs500 for cheap, should I go for it?

No, the VS series is garbage.

2 hours ago, star_pilot475 said:

but honestly I can’t eke out even $5 more bucks. 

https://www.amazon.com/MasterWatt-Power-Supply-Certified-Refurbished/dp/B07M6MYC1H

Can you spend another $4.89? Because the CX450 (2017) is U$39.88 at the moment.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

5 hours ago, MarbleHornets said:

EVGA 500watt Bronze, which is much better for the same price at new egg right now. 

No, its slightly better maybe...

5 hours ago, star_pilot475 said:

Ok sweet thanks

DO NOT GET THAT!

EVGA in general is meh at best but has a ton of shit.

5 hours ago, NunoLava1998 said:

Well, slightly better but not much.

5 hours ago, MarbleHornets said:

No, its not.

And we do not know if its really "better build quality", that's some horse shit invented by people who claim to know but know nothing.

All WE users can do is an optical inspection and that's it.

4 hours ago, MarbleHornets said:

What..? You do know the EVGA 500w is a DC-DC unit with a 30C temp rating, and like I said, for $35. CX450 tends to hang around the $50 mark more often than not. Although I do agree that the Cosair is a go to for me most of the time.

I believe it when I see it.

EVGA is not really known for awesome PSU designs and rather 08/15 Standard stuff that doesn't stand out.

Hell they don't even standardize internally on a modular Pinout - even smaller Companies like Silverstone did that more or less...

And also be quiet did that a couple of years ago...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

Ok guys, I ended up ordering a Corsair CX500. I needed at least 500 watts because I needed two pcie connectors. 

38 minutes ago, star_pilot475 said:

Ok guys, I ended up ordering a Corsair CX500. I needed at least 500 watts because I needed two pcie connectors. 

holy fucking shit not the green CX500 thats like the same quality

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

41 minutes ago, star_pilot475 said:

Why ask when you don't care what we have to say anyway and in the end you get some shit we wouldn't even think about??

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

2 minutes ago, andyme said:

Seasonic best psus around

How does worse QC, worse fans and a lack of protections result in the best PSUs? When compared to the competition. 

:)

Oh god never mind. I’m sorry I asked. I just couldn’t afford the insane 80 plus plaitinums you guys are rocking. It’s 80 plus, it’s corsair, it’s good enough for me.