OBS contributor Michel "Osiris" Snippe has passed away

Skanky Sylveon

With a heavy heart, we share that long-time OBS contributor Michel "Osiris" Snippe has passed away. Michel was involved in OBS development since the earliest days, especially on the browser plugin, and was a kind and helpful member of the community. He will be sorely missed.

https://twitter.com/obsproject/status/1099423703497170944

That's a shame, I personally use OBS, and I have to say, it's amazing that the software is free, I think that every contributor on the project deserves much more praise then they get.  A loss to any one of them is a loss to every gamestreamer/content creator, even if you don't use them.

They are currently asking for contributions to go to a "Dutch foundation for fighting heart disease", I'm not going to link where to donate here, but you can find it on OBS's Twitter announcement that I linked if you wish to make a contribution. 

I love OBS, I wouldn't trade it for anything.

It's sad to hear of Michel's passing.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

How sad, how old was he ?  So he passed away from heart disease uh... God bless his soul, he is in a better place now.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

R.I.P

Michel "Osiris" Snippe

(Birth Date Needed) - 25/2/19

One of the few people to actually make good software nowadays

✨FNIGE✨

Great respect for this dude, F.

I use OBS daily for recording and streaming, so is contributions have never gone to waste.

Fuck these types of diseases, it's never a case of IF but WHEN it happens, I guess I'm lucky I only have fucked up lungs, heart diseases are always a huge disability for anyone.