Reinstall Andriod help

sam hyslo

I got a Lenovo android tablet that has some apps that I do not want and also I want the peice of mind of having a clean os. I just want the most up to date version of android links and help would be greatly appricated. thanks

On 2/14/2019 at 5:37 AM, sam hyslo said:

I got a Lenovo android tablet that has some apps that I do not want and also I want the peice of mind of having a clean os. I just want the most up to date version of android links and help would be greatly appricated. thanks

Not an expert, BUT reinstalling Android is not like installing Windows. Its going to be a pain in the ass. One thing you have to keep in mind is that your device most likely doesnt run stock Android, as each company that uses the OS has their own zing they add. For example One Plus uses Oxygen OS, which is their version of Android. You will find that stock Android might not support all the features of the device. Not to mention generally flashing roms and rooting devices tends to kill warranties very quickly. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

You can't do that.

The Android firmware, you install / flash, NEEDS to be specificly made for THIS Tablet.

You can't just take a Samsung Android firmware, and install it on anything.

You have 2 options: Official, and unofficial.

Official: Lenovo Firmwares, which will not change anything you don't like. it's from lenovo afterall --> Just do OTA Updates, and you have the same.

Unofficial: If there are some devs making Custom Roms for THIS specific Tablet, there will be an XDA Section for this, and you can find Custom Roms there, AOSP Based, or LineageOS etc. They will hopefully be bug-free (there CAN be bugs, stuff that still needs to be optimized), but you won't have these apps you don't want.

My personal suggestion:

- Uninstall them

- If that't not possible, hide them / deactivate them.

They will still take up space, but you won't "see" them.