EK-XRES 140 REVO D5 not working

So finally decided to tank the jump in to custom water cooling at about October of last year and have had zero luck with it since the start. My main problem being my pump. It will not pump the fluid no matter what I have tried to do. It is the EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM (incl. sl. pump). I have tried with just the pwm connector, just the molex connector and both. I'll be attaching pictures in a comment after posting with my phone. Just need some ideas in case there's something obvious I'm forgetting.

Thanks ahead of time!!

8 minutes ago, HeavyMetalGamer said:

So finally decided to tank the jump in to custom water cooling at about October of last year and have had zero luck with it since the start. My main problem being my pump. It will not pump the fluid no matter what I have tried to do. It is the EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM (incl. sl. pump). I have tried with just the pwm connector, just the molex connector and both. I'll be attaching pictures in a comment after posting with my phone. Just need some ideas in case there's something obvious I'm forgetting.

Thanks ahead of time!!

That looks correct, you should be able to notice the pump running and vibrating if it is powered. Try moving you case around when powered it might have an airlock somewhere in the rad preventing the water from making it's way around. 

something you may have overlooked was setting up the pump speed in the bios, since it sounds like they didn't work from the start

If they died, this could be of use

15 minutes ago, Derrk said:

something you may have overlooked was setting up the pump speed in the bios, since it sounds like they didn't work from the start

If they died, this could be of use

This is what it should look like in the BIOS correct. I've tried moving it around a bit I'll try a few different angles of tilting it around just to see. I can't hear or feel the pump doing anything which worries me since this is the second pump I've tried already.

20190122_174401.jpg

So against what you're supposed to do I pulled the res and pump apart, basically like Jay did in his video just to see if it was trying to do anything and no luck there either. Doesn't click and doesn't act like it's trying to do anything. So to me it seems like there just isn't any power going to it or that the pump is dead. One of the few times I actually wish I had a molex fan to see if that cable from my psu was the problem.

Use the opt fan header if they aren't setup, normally max out my pump. Or just use a regular fan header and turn it on max. Pump is supposed to default to 100% when unplugged unless that changed. 

If the molex cable is supplying power, prolly an issue with the pump.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

Well as an update, I think I have a second dead pump. Going to have to go through the RMA process on both that I have but in the meantime going back to using the Kraken x62 but then also ordering the Kraken g12 to go on with the x62 on my gpu and then also getting the H150i for my cpu so I can have my rig back while I figure out this nonsense, which is all that I really want at this point.

2 hours ago, HeavyMetalGamer said:

-

Take a look at the color of the molex cables. I've seen at least one item with the power cables reversed for some reason.

21 hours ago, HeavyMetalGamer said:

This is what it should look like in the BIOS correct. I've tried moving it around a bit I'll try a few different angles of tilting it around just to see. I can't hear or feel the pump doing anything which worries me since this is the second pump I've tried already.

20190122_174401.jpg

this says you're looking at the AIO pump. I would double-check which fan header you plugged the pump into. Its possible that you plugged the pump into the designated "W_PUMP+" header instead of the AIO header. Once you check your motherboard for which fan header you're plugged into, i would go back into bios and check again. 

Mine looks the same in the bios on the aio header. Not having a pump header. My d5’s quit reporting their speeds but still work and can be adjusted. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz