Best Smart phone to upgrade too in 2019?

_Grid21

I've had my Note 4 for a VERY long time and MAN that thing is built like a tank because it's lasted me so long. But I'd like to upgrade to something newer now and I really like Samsung phones. I know Linus had done a review of the S9 but I finished the video feeling still unsure if that's the phone I want to go with. I use my phone for maps, sensor readings depending on what I am doing, High functionality. Basically, I use my phone for really useful things. I like using twitch, twitter, Instagram and quite a few other apps as well as vlogging once in great while, so it'd be nice to have a good camera. My carrier is T-Mobile. Let me know what you guys would recommend based on my needs I listed, and what Samsung phone, or maybe another on-brand phone, you'd recommend. 

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 3.2Ghz Pinnacle Ridge | Asus Prime X570-Pro | Corsair Vengeances RGB PRO 64GB 3200Mhz | EVGA Nvidia Geforce 3060 XC | EVGA G2 SuperNova 750 Watt PSU

im trying to find a new phone to buy as well but i cant find anything suitable, if you like Samsung the S9(+) is very nice and the Note 9 if you want to spend that kind of money. The S9(+) fill most of the things i want but it dosnt feel right for me, im guessing you are going to like it though. You could wait for the S10, thats being announced feb 20th

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

I'd say the S9. If you want a bigger screen then the S9+. Maybe the Note 8/9 if you want to keep with the note form factor.

The S10 is being announced next month so maybe that'll be more your sort of thing.

Oneplus 6t imo. best value phone, although i prefer iOS. (pls dont judge, am a mac hater)

Note 9 or iphone, depends on what software you prefer.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I forgot to mention I like having an SD card slot removal and self-battery change too. Can the S9 do that? 

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 3.2Ghz Pinnacle Ridge | Asus Prime X570-Pro | Corsair Vengeances RGB PRO 64GB 3200Mhz | EVGA Nvidia Geforce 3060 XC | EVGA G2 SuperNova 750 Watt PSU

On 1/17/2019 at 5:00 AM, _Grid21 said:

I forgot to mention I like having an SD card slot removal and self-battery change too. Can the S9 do that? 

Lmao, good luck finding that in 2019.

I'd say go Note 9, but that's because i have one =D

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

Just now, Noctus said:

Lmao, good luck finding that in 2019.

Well surprisingly The S9 Has just that. 

Just now, _Grid21 said:

Well surprisingly The S9 Has just that. 

You can remove the s9 battery? No.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

s9+ is the best all rounder flagship as usual, and this is the right time to buy it cheaply.

only downside I can think of is no more water rresistance after replacing battery 4~5 years later but tearing of back coating of back glass looks cool!

3 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

s9+ is the best all rounder flagship as usual, and this is the right time to buy it cheaply.

only downside I can think of is no more water rresistance after replacing battery 4~5 years later but tearing of back coating of back glass looks cool!

Does the S9 have a user replaceable battery over the S9+?

5 minutes ago, _Grid21 said:

Does the S9 have a user replaceable battery over the S9+?

both no, your note 4 is the last one with replaceable battery

43 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

both no, your note 4 is the last one with replaceable battery

Is there a tutorial iFix-it Guide if I wanted to replace it myself? 

3 minutes ago, _Grid21 said:

Is there a tutorial iFix-it Guide if I wanted to replace it myself? 

any youtube will do, tons of them available.

search teardown / replace battery etc

On 1/18/2019 at 12:07 AM, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

Only downside is the curved screen! It’s a pain to use a screen protector on that thing. So enjoy replacing screen protectors on a weekly basis or having a million tiny scratches on your screen. 

6 hours ago, kokakolia said:

Only downside is the curved screen! It’s a pain to use a screen protector on that thing. So enjoy replacing screen protectors on a weekly basis or having a million tiny scratches on your screen. 

I could always get a case for it. 

19 hours ago, _Grid21 said:

I could always get a case for it. 

The problem persists with a case too! Only because the case doesn’t wrap around and obstruct the curved screen. 

• 3 months later...

I'd wait for the OnePlus 7. True full display face and 5G compatibility. Yes, 5G is not out yet for mobile (and won't be for a while).

But do you really want to force yourself to buy a new phone in the future because it is not compatible with the new network?

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2019 at 8:31 PM, Nocte said:

But do you really want to force yourself to buy a new phone in the future because it is not compatible with the new network?

Well unless (s)he is uploading/downloading massive files on the daily etc, you won't really feel any difference in the "better speed" 5g offers. 4g is plenty for phone usage unless you want to be "first" with technology.