Any Chance an Socket 1155 CPU Fan can fit to an AM4 socket?

TheoKondak

So like 7 years ago, I purchased a quite good fan for my i2500k. I paid more or less $60 or so, and I am quite happy with it. The fan has a modular base, and the screws are in some kind of a rail, which allows it to fit to various sockets. 

Now I am considering getting one of the new AMD CPUs (when they come out) and in general, make a new setup. Now, I am trying to save as much as possible, so I can't help myself wondering if this CPU cooler will by any chance fit the AM4 socket.

Do you have any way for me to find out? Next week, I am going to be cleaning it, and applying some new thermal paste on it, so I will have it disassembled.

Photographer - Videographer 

Loving behavioral analysis and psychology

----

Asus x570 Tuf Wifi

3700x @ 4175mhz 1.2435v

Gigabyte 5700xt OC undervolted

Crusial Ballistix sport @ 3400mhz cl16

Some 15tb of storage

you can allways zip-tie the CPU on. or there should be an AM4 kit you can buy for lik 5$ or less to make it fit (they usually exist)

8 minutes ago, TheoKondak said:

So like 7 years ago, I purchased a quite good fan for my i2500k. I paid more or less $60 or so, and I am quite happy with it. The fan has a modular base, and the screws are in some kind of a rail, which allows it to fit to various sockets. 

Now I am considering getting one of the new AMD CPUs (when they come out) and in general, make a new setup. Now, I am trying to save as much as possible, so I can't help myself wondering if this CPU cooler will by any chance fit the AM4 socket.

Do you have any way for me to find out? Next week, I am going to be cleaning it, and applying some new thermal paste on it, so I will have it disassembled.

could always contact the manufacture and see if they have AM4 mounting hardware available. Most made them available when the platform launched. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Thank you for the replies guys. Problem is that I have absolutely no idea who is the manufacturer or which is the model. The best thing that comes into my mind about finding out, is a thorough google search and hours comparing images to see which one looks the same. 

----

Asus x570 Tuf Wifi

3700x @ 4175mhz 1.2435v

Some 15tb of storage

6 minutes ago, TheoKondak said:

Thank you for the replies guys. Problem is that I have absolutely no idea who is the manufacturer or which is the model. The best thing that comes into my mind about finding out, is a thorough google search and hours comparing images to see which one looks the same. 

one: you might want to quote people

two: maybe I can see it on a quick look

I'll add everyone back to here tho: @Skiiwee29 @GoldenLag

8 minutes ago, TheoKondak said:

do you have any way of accessing the details of when you bought it? (presumably online)

there should be some distinct features to recognize it

12 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

one: you might want to quote people

two: maybe I can see it on a quick look

I'll add everyone back to here tho: @Skiiwee29 @GoldenLag

Ye I am sorry. I will use some quotes from now on! I will post some pictures bellow.

Sorry, I am new to the forum, and don't really understand what you mean by your third phrase.

10 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

do you have any way of accessing the details of when you bought it? (presumably online)

there should be some distinct features to recognize it

Unfortunately no. I bought it "as new" from a friend's friend sometime in 2012, I've moved houses like 3 times since then, I even moved to another country, so there is no way I can possibly have any information about it.

Some images: https://imgur.com/a/ypbN8ZD

----

Asus x570 Tuf Wifi

3700x @ 4175mhz 1.2435v

Some 15tb of storage

I think you can still use the single mounting bar (am3 style) if you're motherboard provide it.

Image result for am4 mounting bracket

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

1 hour ago, LukeSavenije said:

seems to be a alpenföhn sella

The Sella has different fin shapes. I'm pretty sure that's an Alpenfohn Brocken, which is a 120mm fan.

Regardless, @TheoKondak, AM3 and AM4 have different amounts of space between mounting brackets. Not by much, but by enough that I've had mixed results on getting AM3 coolers to work on an AM4 board. If you've got the crossbar, there's no harm in giving it a try in a horizontal position and checking your temperatures and mounting pressure to see how strong the hold is. Dropping coolers on your GPU is no bueno.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

2 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

The Sella has different fin shapes. I'm pretty sure that's an Alpenfohn Brocken, which is a 120mm fan.

Regardless, @TheoKondak, AM3 and AM4 have different amounts of space between mounting brackets. Not by much, but by enough that I've had mixed results on getting AM3 coolers to work on an AM4 board. If you've got the crossbar, there's no harm in giving it a try in a horizontal position and checking your temperatures and mounting pressure to see how strong the hold is. Dropping coolers on your GPU is no bueno.

Indeed it seems to be an Alpenfohn Brocken! wow! I am amazed :D

So, now, the next step is for me to visit their website and hope that they have some adaptor from LGA 1155 to AM4?

----

Asus x570 Tuf Wifi

3700x @ 4175mhz 1.2435v

Some 15tb of storage

Just now, TheoKondak said:

Indeed it seems to be an Alpenfohn Brocken! wow! I am amazed :D

So, now, the next step is for me to visit their website and hope that they have some adaptor from LGA 1155 to AM4?

or a bracket. pretty much

It is really my first time looking for these things and English is not my mother language. Not sure on how to search for it. Should i look for something like " lga 1155 to am4 bracket "?

----

Asus x570 Tuf Wifi

3700x @ 4175mhz 1.2435v

Some 15tb of storage

5 hours ago, TheoKondak said:

It is really my first time looking for these things and English is not my mother language. Not sure on how to search for it. Should i look for something like " lga 1155 to am4 bracket "?

It wouldn't adapt a 115x bracket but use a separate one altogether. You should be searching 'Brocken AM4'. 

That being said, I'm not seeing any AM4 mounts or compatibility listed for the cooler. https://www.alpenfoehn.de/produkte/auslaufmodelle/cpu-kuehler/brocken

The closest I've found is for the Brocken 2 / Eco / PCGH: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/alpenfohn-am4-mounting-kit-for-brocken-coolers-hs-057-al.html

I'd suggest contacting Alpenfohn for clarification on whether or not there's an AM4 mount for your cooler. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.