Bent PC wire

Gorge

Hey is it OK to have a lot of tension on one of the single eight pins on the  wires of my CPU eight pin power connector? 

That’s NOT the wire I’m talking about!!!!

I apologize, for it’s the only picture of the type of wire I’m talking about, so one of those pins. 

84F9B040-F927-404B-97BF-EB431B55DCE6.jpeg

Looks like a really normal configuration so I'd say unless you're weighing that wire down with something it's fine.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

5 minutes ago, Gorge said:

Hey is it OK to have a lot of tension on one of the single eight pins on the  wires of my CPU eight pin power connector? 

That’s NOT the wire I’m talking about!!!!

I apologize, for it’s the only picture of the type of wire I’m talking about, so one of those pins. 

Too much tension and you can have the wire pop out of the connector over time, possibly damage the motherboard, blah blah blah. If it's actually pulling the 8-pin connector away from the board or upward at all, I'd re-route it to avoid problems when you drop weights on the floor next to it. If you can't, just keep in the back of your mind that if you start to see random shutdowns of your PC, that would be a very likely cause.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Just looking at the image I would be OK if that was mine. The image does not look too bad so if your not much different then i would say you are fine.

I don't like tension, I would prefer a little slack and that can be done without it being noticeable.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

20 hours ago, aisle9 said:

Too much tension and you can have the wire pop out of the connector over time, possibly damage the motherboard, blah blah blah. If it's actually pulling the 8-pin connector away from the board or upward at all, I'd re-route it to avoid problems when you drop weights on the floor next to it. If you can't, just keep in the back of your mind that if you start to see random shutdowns of your PC, that would be a very likely cause.

You succ  also nice memory 

Generally speaking you will probably be okay, although you may have to re-seat the connector from time to time. Personally I try not to 'tug' too much on the GPU.

18 hours ago, Gorge said:

No, obviously nott as that will stress the solderjoint and pin and cause Problems in long term.

Bending the Copper Wires however is not a Problem and you should be able to use that to your advantage.

Just bend them seperately the way you want.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

hey so this is the wire on the bottom right of the 8 pin power connector of the PC the black one. is it too bent?

D14224C7-9475-46A4-B758-634E66A6E61A.jpeg

2D74E201-CAC6-4351-A8AA-AF02A59A3921.jpeg

Just now, Joshcanread said:

its completely fine you do not want to see my build lol

Just make sure it is overbending or at all bending the mobo tho

Yes!!

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

18 hours ago, Gorge said:

It looks to me like all the visible wires there have some slack in them. I think you're fine.

Also, bonus points for some of the weirdest decor I've ever seen. Toadstool, Tabasco, boat. I don't understand it, but I like it.

52 minutes ago, Joshcanread said:

yes i do lol 

51 minutes ago, Joshcanread said:

Just make sure it is overbending or at all bending the mobo tho

what do you mean??

49 minutes ago, Constantin said:

Yes!!

ok thanks. no what i mean is the bottem right black pin like how its being pulled to the top left. is it ok? like not too much mention on it?

35 minutes ago, Joshcanread said:

oh ok thought you wouldn't even reply tbh but ok need to take a picture lol

nope i am wanting to see it now 

35 minutes ago, Joshcanread said:

oh ok thought you wouldn't even reply tbh but ok need to take a picture lol

im sure it cant be that bad tbh

its fine

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

29 minutes ago, Joshcanread said:

Tell me about it lol

I dont give a fuck about wires or dust. As long as the fan is not hitting a wire its A OK

54 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

Its one member..and you remember him asking the same question..and that was last month ago.

Well I only remember because it was asked so damn many times. If @Gorge was so worried about this cable being damaged for literal months then it's time to get a longer cablemod cable.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

47 minutes ago, Gorge said:

Yes, you've got slack on the cable, you're fine.

It's easier for everyone if you quote or mention people within one topic rather than creating a new topic for every followup question. Instead of creating a new thread for every question you have related to your original question, think about just putting your followup question in your original and mentioning the people who had replied before by putting @ before their username (like @Gorge). That guarantees that we see it and can answer. If you create an entirely new topic, there's no guarantee that the people who responded initially will see it, and no guarantee that the people who end up replying will have any idea what you're asking about.

20 hours ago, fasauceome said:

Looks like a really normal configuration so I'd say unless you're weighing that wire down with something it's fine.

HE is not referring to the picture he said twice

"Hey is it OK to have a lot of tension on one of the single eight pins on the  wires of my CPU eight pin power connector? 

That’s NOT the wire I’m talking about!!!!"

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

@Joshcanread, the cables at the bottom are buried, and considering that you're running non-modular, I'm not too triggered by them.

That dust buildup, though...

5 hours ago, Joshcanread said:

looks nice man!and yeah no worries

5 hours ago, aisle9 said:

It looks to me like all the visible wires there have some slack in them. I think you're fine.

Also, bonus points for some of the weirdest decor I've ever seen. Toadstool, Tabasco, boat. I don't understand it, but I like it.

thanks!!! lol idk what i was thinking 

5 hours ago, aisle9 said:

F57D0BF2-FAA4-429E-AE13-F169AD6E83BD.jpeg

D8F4BE78-2864-427B-8C7B-D88955E6D3E8.jpeg

FB7E0E77-D5B8-4169-9DFD-5377AEF1E42D.png

also dont forget the minecraft chicken! and the red snake...