Is my tubes wrong?

That's my setup. And somebody told me i need to flip the radiator around so the tubes will be facing down. So my radiator wont have trouble pushing and pulling the water is that true?

8CA00A52-A96F-4607-9C78-72D23F94F0E5.jpeg

You're fine. The radiator isn't pushing or pulling anything, the pump is, and it'll always have to fight gravity somehow.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

The only drawback to that setup is...

It wont turn on with that 24pin unconnected. ;)

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

You are fine, there is little to no difference in either way. The biggest factor for temps is Airflow, dust accumulation, lifespan is just affected by how good of a pump you got and if it is normal wear and tear.

6 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

The only drawback to that setup is...

It wont turn on with that 24pin unconnected. ;)

Lmao u scared me for a second i was like wait hold up?

No

Also what's that white thing on the tubes?

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

1 hour ago, aezakmi said:

No

Just wire loom like tech flex, that NZXT or some one over charges so people make aio’s look better. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

1 hour ago, aezakmi said:

No

It's a cablemod mesh cover for aesthetics. Apparently, they're a bitch to put on and aren't very good quality but if you get it right they look great.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

Did you forget to put on the little rubber things at the end of the tubing for the mesh cover? I see a lot of people who use the kit have the rubber wrap on the end of the tubes.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

2 minutes ago, mxk. said:

Did you forget to put on the little rubber things at the end of the tubing for the mesh cover? I see a lot of people who use the kit have the rubber wrap on the end of the tubes.

No i did not forget. Im gonna put them

tmw.

Just now, charbel1011 said:

No i did not forget. Im gonna put them

tmw.

Ohhh I just wasn't sure. Just curious.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

11 minutes ago, mxk. said:

Ohhh I just wasn't sure. Just curious.

Putting those caps sucks more than the mesh itself

Just now, charbel1011 said:

Putting those caps sucks more than the mesh itself

If you don't mind, what's the issues with the process of putting the mesh and caps on? I've seen the bad reviews but they're not detailed enough.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

6 hours ago, mxk. said:

If you don't mind, what's the issues with the process of putting the mesh and caps on? I've seen the bad reviews but they're not detailed enough.

Its just hard to get around the tubes to put them for some reason. It took some maad time to get them in.

I would Orient the aio on top/hoses down...always did the h100 that way...after dumping and cleaning out the rad...only way to get it primed back up was shaking it up and hoses down. Pump rrroared not too long later...so transitioned to the Loop.

2600x 4.3-Loop

MSI X470 gaming plus

PNY NVME 480gb

EVGA SuperSC 3200mhz 16gb

Mushkin eco3 480gb

Cooler Master GXII Pro

To get back to the original question, the reason why its recommended to have the tubes facing down is...air.

Not airflow, no reason why that would change.

There's a good chance your AIO will not be filled 100% and as it happens with most, it will loose liquid over time.

With air rising to the top, as it does, the pump can suck in air and run dry. 

You will most likely hear it when the pump is sucking in air. And when you do, your pump probably already took damage. 

12 minutes ago, FRSHPRNCFBLR said:

To get back to the original question, the reason why its recommended to have the tubes facing down is...air.

There's a good chance your AIO will not be filled 100% and as it happens with most, it will loose liquid over time.

You will most likely hear it when the pump is sucking in air. And when you do, your pump probably already took damage. 

Well Air and those pumps are weaker and a lot of them still like the Corsair...It trickles the water across that coldplate….small Ported hole.....I had modded it...Drilled the Holes out more.

2600x 4.3-Loop

MSI X470 gaming plus

PNY NVME 480gb

Mushkin eco3 480gb

Cooler Master GXII Pro

16 minutes ago, FRSHPRNCFBLR said:

So im screwed? I dont like the tubes facing down at all style.

1 minute ago, charbel1011 said:

No you're Probably fine for some time...I had oriented them all kinda different ways. But I would watch temps tho

2600x 4.3-Loop

MSI X470 gaming plus

PNY NVME 480gb

Mushkin eco3 480gb

Cooler Master GXII Pro

30 minutes ago, charbel1011 said:

No you are not screwed - over time all AIO's can lose water due to evaporation.  As long as the HIGH spots are higher than the pump you are fine.  The air will trap there - until there is no more room for that air to trap.  Long story short - there is Optimal (which means yes you should orient hoses down) and there is Wrong (and there is nothing WRONG with your setup) - everything in between Optimal and before you hit WRONG can work.

Its just easier to keep the air trapped at the top of a radiator where no hoses are connected.

BTW - I run one of my AIO'd machines with the tubes up.  My concern is ZERO. 

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

eventiually that will start to suck air as the rad top is where all the air is going to be. id switch it if you could, you want the tubes on the bottom so any air gets trapped in the rad and dosnt go into the pump/block

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

right now it should be fine like this, as it's a new AIO and there hasn't really been any permiation yet so there's not a lot of air in the loop.

in maybe a year or two it could start sucking in air tough, but for now this is definitely fine.

It should be fine for the time, when i had an AIO i ran it like that for a few years and no problems so probably by the time it does cause problems you will have probably replaced it by then

Do i Recommend Ryzen? Yes. All of the Yes.

Main Rig Specs - BIG BOI

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9Ghz

ASUS Gaming TUF B450 Micro-ATX

2x4Gb HyperX DDR4 @2133

GTX 1070 Founders Edition

Corsair Crystal 280X

500Gb SanDisk Sata SSD, 1Tb 7200RPM Hdd

EVGA 500 Watt 80+ Bronze

EKWB A240

4 hours ago, charbel1011 said:

Its just hard to get around the tubes to put them for some reason. It took some maad time to get them in.

damn, quality design

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra