Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic Rubber block???

Bananasplit_00
Go to solution Solved by Guest,
2 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Well it can't really do that in the PC-O11 Dynamic 

That was me being amused at where it came from, not suggesting what to actually use it for.

I did google it though.

image.png.3050d8f884fcf4fdd1ae8ac20684ba68.png

So I opened the accessories box and found all the normal goodies. A manual, loads of screws, some nice velcro cable ties and then a monolithic freaking rubber block?????????? 

IMG_20181231_005940.thumb.jpg.3bec2bca7a71660b8f9acb6a4af3082d.jpg

What the hell is this rubber block? Its driving me insaine! Why does it have 3M tape on it? Where does it go? Why is it in here???????? 

Please help... 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Have you read the manual?  See what included items are and perhaps it will say there.  But I would guess it is to snug up against a PSU or something like that.

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

7 minutes ago, nick name said:

Have you read the manual?  See what included items are and perhaps it will say there.  But I would guess it is to snug up against a PSU or something like that.

I have read the manual at least 6 times by now without a single mention of this block. It's also not in any of the pictures. It didn't fit under the PSU in a meaningful way and not between the upper and lower PSU mounts either. 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Does the manual have a section in the first part that tells you all the pieces that should come with the case?

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

Ohhhhhhhhhh that's where I got that from!

I used to to solve GPU sag in my NCASE lol.

image.png.41e88dc1b32d437d81baf9c16528c58c.png

Had no idea where I got it from until this thread lol.

11 hours ago, nick name said:

Does the manual have a section in the first part that tells you all the pieces that should come with the case?

It's not mentioned in that section

11 hours ago, King Poet said:

Ohhhhhhhhhh that's where I got that from!

I used to to solve GPU sag in my NCASE lol.

image.png.41e88dc1b32d437d81baf9c16528c58c.png

Had no idea where I got it from until this thread lol.

Builds:

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

That was me being amused at where it came from, not suggesting what to actually use it for.

I did google it though.

1 hour ago, King Poet said:

I did google it though.

I tried Google too but didn't find that one, didn't dig deep enough into reddit I guess! Thanks :)

Builds:

Spoiler

3 hours ago, King Poet said:

I did google it though.

Ayyy I was close.  That was killing me not knowing.  

On 12/31/2018 at 8:00 AM, Bananasplit_00 said:

So I opened the accessories box and found all the normal goodies. A manual, loads of screws, some nice velcro cable ties and then a monolithic freaking rubber block?????????? 

What the hell is this rubber block? Its driving me insaine! Why does it have 3M tape on it? Where does it go? Why is it in here???????? 

Please help... 

Hahaha I'm surprised nobody asks this question before. Ya, it bothers me as well, PC-O11D manual sucks ( as well as old-school their website)

• 1 month later...

I have this case too. And i’m sure that it’s for when you use 2 psu’s, to put in between ?

• 3 months later...
On 12/30/2018 at 7:00 PM, Bananasplit_00 said:

IMG_20181231_005940.thumb.jpg.3bec2bca7a71660b8f9acb6a4af3082d.jpg

Please help... 

I just asked support, it's to be put between the two PSU's when you're running a dual PSU setup

OP received this answer months ago, please do not revive old threads.

-Topic Locked-

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25