Duo has been redesigned. For guilt tripping?

Fnige

The verge

As shown above. Duo from Duolingo, the language learning app has been redesigned. To bring you back probably

The developers at Duolingo know this email campaign works, because they’ve A/B tested several iterations of the crying owl, down to how many teardrops he sheds. Today, the company is launching its biggest redesign in five years, and Duo is at the forefront. Now the owl’s illustration has been simplified to make it easier to animate, and he’s been given a wide array of expressive emotions in hopes that users will become more attached to the mascot. He’ll even cry animated tears in your inbox now. “It’s so sad and pathetic :(,” a Duolingo spokesperson told me.

The CEO and CO FOUNDER said that it "Opened up a pandora's box" and so now allows for more animation

Changing Duo’s design was a task that, according to Duolingo CEO and co-founder Luis von Ahn, ”opened up a Pandora’s Box” to change the rest of the app, so the entire interface has been overhauled with a blockier, more cartoony design. Laying out every screen in the app side by side, the design team noticed inconsistencies that had piled up through years of development and testing — von Ahn estimates the app to have about 200 different screens. The goal was to unify all these different pages with a new design language that allowed for significantly more animation

3_the_many_faces_of_duo.png

Personally, Duo is cute and the redesign makes it even cuter. Maybe there will be a period of time where people will animate Duo and have it turn into a full on trend, That would be a trend I'll love to see.

✨FNIGE✨

Just now, Droidbot said:

"learn your fucking french or I'll kill myself and blame it on you you selfish bastard"

too late mr. owl, ill kill myself trying to learn french before you get the chance to off yourself

stupid bird

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

1 minute ago, flibberdipper said:

too late mr. owl, ill kill myself trying to learn french before you get the chance to off yourself

stupid bird

hon hon hon I'll buy baguettes with your money after you die

stupid human

should have learned french

idk

That fucking owl keeps waking me up to learn Russian at 2am. 

I threw my phone at the wall once because of it. 

13 minutes ago, 1kv said:

That fucking owl keeps waking me up to learn Russian at 2am. 

I threw my phone at the wall once because of it. 

Turn off notifs, or make it remind you at an earlier time.

imo, I don't even see why they're doing this. It doesn't help them at all, does it? So many companies don't understand the phrase: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

I thought you meant Google Duo lul

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

44 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

hon hon hon I'll buy baguettes with your money after you die

stupid human

should have learned french

with what money

if dumbird knew the language of eyes he would know there is no money to be had from me

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

nah gonna learn Portuguese instead.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

On 12/13/2018 at 8:02 PM, hiitswilliam said:

Turn off notifs, or make it remind you at an earlier time.

imo, I don't even see why they're doing this. It doesn't help them at all, does it? So many companies don't understand the phrase: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Wow, that dumb phrase again.

they are a tech company, no innovation means dead company

test

Pc Specs

CPU: I7 6700k 4.5Ghz  Motherboard: Asus Z170-A Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4  Cpu Cooler: Corsair H100i v2  Storage: Crucial MX300 525GB/Hitachi Deskstar 3TB  Graphics Card: GTX 1080 Founders Edition Case: Corsair 750D Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 850w Keyboard: Corsair k70 Mouse: rival 300 

On 12/13/2018 at 7:41 PM, Droidbot said:

"learn your fucking french or I'll kill myself and blame it on you you selfish bastard"

That's some Kaiba level of shit.

On 12/13/2018 at 5:38 PM, SlimyPython said:

illustration

What a sad day for language competency!