AC4: Black Flag Flickering Issue

gluconolactone

So I just bought AC4: Black Flag on the Steam sale. An issue has come up throughout the gameplay where the screen flickers randomly for no apparent reason.

Specs

CPU: Intel Core i3-4130

GPU: Sapphire Radeon R7 265

RAM: 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport

Mobo: MSI H81M-P33

Here's what it looks like: EPILEPSY WARNING (i guess)

<removed by staff>

Any way I can fix this?

I haven't seen anything like this before, but it looks like the in game camera is malfunctioning and changing angles rapidly.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

I have Black Flag and i had few problems with it but nothing like that, i think it's your R7 265...

I have Black Flag and i had few problems with it but nothing like that, i think it's your R7 265...

This is pretty much the first game I had any real problems with. Played Metro Last Light, Shadow of Mordor, Payday 2 etc.

This is the first real problem to pop up.

After some time tinkering and trying to no avail, requested a refund.

Such a shame, looked like a neat game.

I had an issue with a certain part of the world where the screen would freeze. Had to navigate using the minimap, which still worked. If I remember right, it was an update that Ubisoft pushed. To fix it, I had to turn off volumetric fog. Does it happen regardless of location?

CPU - FX 8320 @ 4.8 GHz

| MoBo - Sabertooth 990FX | GPU - XFX Radeon HD 7870 GHz Ed. @ 1.075 GHz | CPU Cooler - H100 | RAM - 16 GB Dual Channel Vengeance @ 1600 MHz (didn't care to push these...) | OS - Windows 8 Pro | Storage - OCZ Vertex 3 (120 GB Boot), Samsung 830 Pro 64 GB, WD Black 1 TB, some random 320 GB from a laptop | PSU - CM Silent Hybrid Pro 850W (MDPC Sleeving) | Case - 800D | Monitors - ASUS V238H/ X Star DP2710LED | Mouse - M90 Keyboard - CM Quickfire Rapid w/ custom key caps

"When life gives you lemons, Don't make lemonade, make life take the lemons back!" - Cave Johnson, CEO

I had an issue with a certain part of the world where the screen would freeze. Had to navigate using the minimap, which still worked. If I remember right, it was an update that Ubisoft pushed. To fix it, I had to turn off volumetric fog. Does it happen regardless of location?

Yes. But surprisingly the problem was nonexistent in the multiplayer.