Project Green Together with Nvidia [Monsterbuild - The dream of an 18yr old modder]

Is the series out yet?

I understand that things happens outside, but I just wanted to ask for an update. Since it will give me more motivation to work on mine, as we will mostlikely compete against eachother ;)

Not yet, Nvidia has delayed it alot, but I am trying to get it out soon!

I will have another update tomorrow ;) How old are you if I may ask ;)

Here is a sneakpeak for tomorrow! 

N9hKKWL.jpg

Not yet, Nvidia has delayed it alot, but I am trying to get it out soon!

I will have another update tomorrow ;) How old are you if I may ask ;)

Okay, let us know when and where, as such things are always nice to watch.

I'm 10 years older then you, not that it mather much in terms of skill.

I speak my mind, sorry if thats a problem.

Wow, can't believe i never found this project before. Can you teach me your ways with cad? And makes sure you don't rush this project, it's all about quality vs quantity with custom builds. Can't wait for next update.

Check out my YouTube channel here and don't forget to subscribe :D

Current build: Project Athena

Wow, can't believe i never found this project before. Can you teach me your ways with cad? And makes sure you don't rush this project, it's all about quality vs quantity with custom builds. Can't wait for next update.

Its a bit hard not to rush, when aiming for a competiton thats 66 days away.

Okay, let us know when and where, as such things are always nice to watch.

I'm 10 years older then you, not that it mather much in terms of skill.

As you said, age doesn't matter, experience does (which altoughoften goes hand in hand with age)

Thanks man! I have been using CAD for some years now, although I am still just scraping on the top of what is possible with CAD haha. Those things are really basic.

I will try not to stress it too much, but as Odd said, it is really hard when the deadline is a competition that will happen in 2 months... Ofc I will continue after the competition to fix final things if there are any (I hope not xD )

Its a bit hard not to rush, when aiming for a competiton thats 66 days away.

Yea, hate deadlines, but they make me work harder as well.

Could we get a glance at your photo booth? Your shots look phenomenal.  :o  :P

Thanks Rumi! I guess I could get you some pictures, maybe... Because I don't store my hardware at the studio anyway haha.

Does anyone else want to know about the studio? If so I could get some pictures :D

Does anyone else want to know about the studio? If so I could get some pictures :D

I'm interested in that, sure. More knowledge is always a good thing. Nice renders, though I liked the orange better than the green... but I can see why you would go green vs. orange based on your sponsor. Good luck finishing. 

I'm interested in that, sure. More knowledge is always a good thing. Nice renders, though I liked the orange better than the green... but I can see why you would go green vs. orange based on your sponsor. Good luck finishing. 

Yea, I don't usually change for sponsors, but when I was younger, my favourite colors were Orange and Green, so I choose between the two. 

Then the project was stopped, when Nvidia came and asked me if I would like to do something with them (not specificly this project) I told them about this project.

Because as mentioned before, I like both of the colors, so the change was not so much of a biggy for me. 

Update: The radiator

Here comes a more frequent update as promissed!
This time I will show you a radiator that I just had to try, the Aplhacool Airplex.

VY9ufMc.jpg?1

A total of 6 ports gives me many possibilities! I like how flat it is aswell.

pomnMz3.jpg

The fin-method is also different on this one, most radiator uses soldered fins. This one don't which makes it a lot easier to clean.

cVvc4mo.jpg

Great thing about this one is that you can take everything apart. Paint, make custom plates, inlets/outlets and so on.

mssib7R.jpg

Naked, not sure if I am allowed to post naked pictures here ;)

CgPXoNB.jpg

This radiator also consisits of a complex pipe-system as seen on the picture below. I can just put something in one of the pipes to clean it. The water flows back and forth in the radiator for some times and then back into the loop.

GtVFjGi.jpg

As some of you might have guessed, the picture that I posted some days ago were of the radiator! :D

N9hKKWL.jpg

That was everything for today! :D

Update: The radiator

Here comes a more frequent update as promissed!

This time I will show you a radiator that I just had to try, the Aplhacool Airplex.

Any special reason you choose the Aqua Computer Airplex Modularity?

I have done a lot of radiator research lately and this is the first I have heard about it, but this might be the reason: http://www.xtremerigs.net/2015/05/15/aqua-computer-ams-copper-360mm-radiator-review/6/

That is one sexy radiator

It really is!

Any special reason you choose the Aqua Computer Airplex Modularity?

I have done a lot of radiator research lately and this is the first I have heard about it, but this might be the reason: http://www.xtremerigs.net/2015/05/15/aqua-computer-ams-copper-360mm-radiator-review/6/

Mainly because of the second part, Quality and Features, ;)

Also I will run at very low RPM @ 700 or so.

What I also take into concideration is that I have 16 BeQuiet Silent Wings 2, which max out at 1000/1500RPM.

Add that to a Aqua Computer AMS 480, + 560 Monsta radiator, I will have plenty of cooling

Also, the difference between radiators in that segment is not that big.

If we look at this chart we can see that.

AMS-W10DT-1.0-750-P.png

Mainly because of the second part, Quality and Features, ;)

Also I will run at very low RPM @ 700 or so.

What I also take into concideration is that I have 16 BeQuiet Silent Wings 2, which max out at 1000/1500RPM.

Add that to a Aqua Computer AMS 480, + 560 Monsta radiator, I will have plenty of cooling

Guess thats why it has never come up before, because its a radiator ment for 750RPM or so, which very few bases there system around.

It will be interesting to see the thermal result of the system with that in it.

Guess thats why it has never come up before, because its a radiator ment for 750RPM or so, which very few bases there system around.

It will be interesting to see the thermal result of the system with that in it.

Probably! I will make sure to put a couple of tempsensors around, for science!

So I just got home from school and found this outside of my room....

G5aGWGk.jpg?1

Weighs a lot too! Looks like the next update will be sooner than thought...

Update: The GPU blocks

If any of you wonder where the real modding is, I am just gathering all products and mounting right now, to see that everything fits as I want it!
I will demount it afterwards and get my dremmel! :D
So lets open this box :D

6W6uDYz.jpg

What is better than a Watercool GPU block?
Three Watercool blocks!

YdKDwdc.jpg

Seems like our dog want to take part of the fun...

tTEtrTZ.jpg

So Danbo is taking some first looks of the block, he approves!

Ta8A2Fz.jpg

Lucas approves as well, some CNC marks left, but alright for a mirror!

TjxJ2XW.jpg

The three standing beside each other, what do you think?

nwENr8s.jpg

First thing, tried to take the top of if I would like to brush it later!
Found out it is extremely easy and won't need any masking :D

pQ22xuy.jpg

The "block", interesting way of doing a "window" in the cooler haha

rgzQbMS.jpg

Here comes the backplate of it. This is a love-hate for many, I love them as they have some sort of old-style, engine about them.
Only bad thing is that they catch fingerprints, lots of them....

gRko7zE.jpg

Looking forward to mount these awesome lookin' blocks :3

Until later!

Nice doge

such wow

CPU: 4790K (4.8 ghz) | COOLING: Custom Liquid Cooling (240 mm rad) | GPU: GTX 980 ti Superclocked+ (2x)  | MOBO: Gryphon Z97 Armor Edition | RAM: Kingston (4x4 gb 1600 mhz) | SSD: 850 Evo (250 gb) | HDD: Black (1.5 tb) | CASE: Enthoo Evolv | PSU: G2 850 (850 w) | DISPLAYS: Acer XB270HU bprz / Philips 246V5LHAB/27 (3x) | KEYBOARD: Vengeance K60 | MOUSE: Naos 7000 | HEADSEAT: H Wireless / Cloud 2 | For the exact parts visit my PCPartpicker it even includes my Desk and some other stuff.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

No no no.. Dont say its the end of the post.. Come on man, i wanna keep scrollin'