"Bill Gates: Internet connectivity doesn’t mean much of you’re dying of starvation"

TopWargamer

http://venturebeat.com/2013/11/03/bill-gates-internet-connectivity-doesnt-mean-much-of-youre-dying-of-starvation/

“I certainly love the IT thing,” he told the Financial Times in a rare interview, published Friday. “But when we want to improve lives, you’ve got to deal with more basic things like child survival, child nutrition.”

I'll have to agree with Gates on this one. While yes, we do need to improve global Internet speeds and get Internet to everybody, people's health should come first. A life is more important than the Internet. 

COMIC SANS

I still want faster internet.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

What does one really have to do with the other?

He was asked about google's Project Loon, the initiative to put wifi ballons all over Africa. This was his response as to why he doesn't care much. 

He was talking about internet in third world countries, not in devolved nations like the ones most people here are posting from.

How many impoverished people in Africa have any device that's connects to the Internet?

I assume that is what google is trying do. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

What does one really have to do with the other?

Well, In Australian for example, we are committing resources to the NBN project. Regardless of what our new government does with the project, the amount already spent could have reduced waiting times in hospital emergency rooms and improved ambulance turn out time which would have save at least 8 lives in Victoria alone in the last 8 months.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

oh man!! how about that Bill Gates.....he truly turned out to be a stand up guy.  I totally agree with him.  Google needs to spend money to provide food and health for the children instead of the interwebz.  Poor kids can't eat binary data.

Well it's not hard to see why he thinks this way, take a look at his FB page.

Hmm.. Internet or health? I'll decide when I actually do have to choose between internet and health.

oh man!! how about that Bill Gates.....he truly turned out to be a stand up guy.  I totally agree with him.  Google needs to spend money to provide food and health for the children instead of the interwebz.  Poor kids can't eat binary data.

Bill Gates has been a stand-up guy for the last decade or so.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

What if I told you more people die of obesity then starvation?

Morpheus2.jpg

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/9742960/Obesity-killing-three-times-as-many-as-malnutrition.html

he is talking about third world countires and yes not everyone can afford or has the  means to obtain food.

and yes he is right technology is great but we dont need it to live

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

I dont think many people get the point of the interview or this post.

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

I would take faster internet over my health any day

Well, I actually take faster internet over my health every day. Whenever I have a free morning, in the night before I think "tomorrow is the day I'll start running". Needless to say, I never do.

I would take faster internet over my health any day

Off Topic:

Are you on Defend The House's BF4 video?

On Topic:

Bill gates is right, lives being healthy are more important than internet IMO. 

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

Off Topic:

Are you on Defend The House's BF4 video?

On Topic:

Bill gates is right, lives being healthy are more important than internet IMO.

No

No

There was somebody named Cool Beans, just curious. 

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

Zuckerberg is an out of touch douche. I'm proud of Gates on this one.