Unigine Valley Benchmark Scores Thread + SUPERPOSITION ***Over 1000 Submissions!***

Jumper118
1 minute ago, Colomon84 said:

I'm going to try it at 4.6 and then again at 4.8.. and see how much my scores increase. But maybe if 4.8 is easy breezy ill try for 4.9 or 5.0  :P

That's how they roll in the Windy City!  Good luck man.

@done12many2 So I was told that I need to get 32gb of RAM in my system for my 980Ti's to be at their full potential. Thinking to myself that I only have 16gb of RAM and I've never heard of this before what's your thoughts?  Do I need 32gb of RAM for SLI 980Ti's?

Just now, Colomon84 said:

@done12many2 So I was told that I need to get 32gb of RAM in my system for my 980Ti's to be at their full potential. Thinking to myself that I only have 16gb of RAM and I've never heard of this before what's your thoughts?  Do I need 32gb of RAM for SLI 980Ti's?

Absolutely NOT!!

Don't  get me wrong, I have 32GB, but I don't need it at all.  Do not talk to that person anymore. :D

With some things the quantity of RAM is important but extracting the full potential of your 980 Tis ain't one of them.  Being that you already have 16 GB, quality (speed/latency) play a larger roll than quantity and even at that, it's very minimal.

12 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

With some things the quantity of RAM is important but extracting the full potential of your 980 Tis ain't one of them.  Being that you already have 16 GB, quality (speed/latency) play a larger roll than quantity and even at that, it's very minimal.

Ok so my Corsair Dominator Platinum 16gb kit @ 2800 mhz should be fine?  I think the latency is like 16

Just now, Colomon84 said:

Ok so my Corsair Dominator Platinum 16gb kit @ 2800 mhz should be fine?

Sure will.  

When you start increasing the density of your sticks or the quantity of sticks you have, you run a chance of increasing the burden on your IMC.  As a result, it is usually harder to overclock 32GB of RAM as opposed to 16GB.

I went through lot of memory before going final with my 32GB setup.  A lot.  If I would have stayed at 16GB, I could have avoided all of the trouble, but I will very rarely have a need for more than 16GB and when I do it has nothing to do with gaming.  I find the quality to be more important than quantity once you've hit 16GB.  Hell, 95+ % of the time you'll never break 8GB not that I advise stopping there.

Something to consider though is that the IMC for Skylake is better than that of Haswell-E.  The fact that it has a better IMC and is only dual channel compared to quad makes for some much faster memory combos than Haswell-E.  With that said, you can run a lot faster than 2800 MHz keeping in mind that returns are minimal.  I'm the guy who would run faster memory, but not everything I do makes sense.  o.O

32 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Absolutely NOT!!

Don't  get me wrong, I have 32GB, but I don't need it at all.  Do not talk to that person anymore. :D

You don't have 64? Well then...

16 minutes ago, Colomon84 said:

Ok so my Corsair Dominator Platinum 16gb kit @ 2800 mhz should be fine?  I think the latency is like 16

You'll be fine. RAM speed and latency does not factor in all that much in the grand scheme of things. 

LTT Unigine SUPERPOSITION scoreboardhttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jvq_--P35FbqY8Iv_jn3YZ_7iP1I_hR0_vk7DjKsZgI/edit#gid=0

Intel i7 8700k || ASUS Z370-I ITX || AMD Radeon VII || 16GB 4266mhz DDR4 || Silverstone 800W SFX-L || 512GB 950 PRO M.2 + 3.5TB of storage SSD's

SCHIIT Lyr 3 Multibit || HiFiMAN HE-1000 V2 || MrSpeakers Ether C

Thanks for all your help guys, I will be doing some overclocked 6700k valley runs when I get off work! 

4 minutes ago, Masada02 said:

You don't have 64? Well then...

I tried several 64GB sets consisting of 4 x 16 sticks and 8 x 8 sticks.  I couldn't get any of them up to their rated potential let alone above that.

Are you running 4 x 16 or 8 x 8?

What memory is it?

64GB would make for a nice RAM disk!

2 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

I tried several 64GB sets consisting of 4 x 16 sticks and 8 x 8 sticks.  I couldn't get any of them up to their rated potential let alone above that.

Are you running 4 x 16 or 8 x 8?

What memory is it?

64GB would make for a nice RAM disk!

8 x 8.

It's 2800mhz G.Skill Ripjaws V. I've been able to get it running at 3200mhz at a 15-15-15-35. Can also get it down to 12-12-12-29 at 2133mhz. Although I really don't know much about memory overclocking. Saw some small improvements on Cinebench over the stock 2800 at 15-16-16-35.

LTT Unigine SUPERPOSITION scoreboardhttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jvq_--P35FbqY8Iv_jn3YZ_7iP1I_hR0_vk7DjKsZgI/edit#gid=0

Intel i7 8700k || ASUS Z370-I ITX || AMD Radeon VII || 16GB 4266mhz DDR4 || Silverstone 800W SFX-L || 512GB 950 PRO M.2 + 3.5TB of storage SSD's

8 x 8.

It's 2800mhz G.Skill Ripjaws V. I've been able to get it running at 3200mhz at a 15-15-15-35. Can also get it down to 12-12-12-29 at 2133mhz. Although I really don't know much about memory overclocking. Saw some small improvements on Cinebench over the stock 2800 at 15-16-16-35.

Nice!  I never considered G.Skill in the past, but that's what I use now and they're great.  I'm using TridentZ 3200 MHz with stock timings of 14-14-14-34.  It was the first set that worked on XMP (not that I use it) off the bat.  

Now that you mention Cinebench, I need to give it a go with the new sticks installed.

1 hour ago, Abyssal Radon said:

-snip-

You should definitely be doing a lot better than that. That's the high end of the single 980 TI scores. You should at the very least be in the 6000's

Did you have your CPU set in "high performance" mode? It will keep the clock steady at it's max and give a huge bump in performance compared to when it is not used. Have you OC'd your CPU at all?

You should definitely be doing a lot better than that. That's the high end of the single 980 TI scores. You should at the very least be in the 6000's

Did you have your CPU set in "high performance" mode? It will keep the clock steady at it's max and give a huge bump in performance compared to when it is not used. Have you OC'd your CPU at all?

Very true.

I assumed he was laying down the primer before showing us a bad ass paint job.

3 hours ago, Masada02 said:

8 x 8.

Just updated my Cinebench.  Tighter memory timings and a bump in speed had a bigger impact on Cinebench than I thought.

2 minutes ago, Abyssal Radon said:

I do not OC. ALso how do you set your CPU in "High Performance" mode lol?

Just search "Power Options" in Windows. It will come up.

3 minutes ago, Abyssal Radon said:

I do not OC. ALso how do you set your CPU in "High Performance" mode lol?

Control panel/Power Options or hit the Windows key + X in Windows 10 and select Power Options front the menu. 

If you select High Performance your CPU will essentially remain at 100% until you opt to switch it back to Balanced or Power Saver. 

9 hours ago, Abyssal Radon said:

Capture.thumb.jpg.902c8440a7085930ca2a40

Fixed... like my wallpaper I found... ninja bunny lol.

My kids would like that wallpaper a lot.

10 hours ago, Abyssal Radon said:

10 hours ago, Abyssal Radon said:

Fixed... like my wallpaper I found... ninja bunny lol.

could you run it in 4K and 1440P as well plase? 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

On 12/03/2016 at 5:26 PM, Masada02 said:

LTT Quoting pls. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Man quotes can nasty if not completely cleared.

Just ran for memory clock on this one. 8612 mem not 8812 xD

3034e3d68f6b9ff5ae2f15422dc12668.png

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

This one is 8812 mem :D

06b9cc1b8a5f5a4d0419df0fdff3a96b.png

Basic:

Valley%20bench%20Basic_zpsxkjxhksq.jpg

Extreme HD:

Valley%20bench%20HD_zpsf7uvhcwu.jpg

I really need to get back into overclocking...

Is this a good or bad score for my set up:

my set up quick specs.:

i5 3570k

Windforce g1 GTX 970 4GB.

16gb ddr3 ram.

ddfdfdfdfdf.jpg

Case: | TT Core x71 | Mobo: | Gigabyte Aorus Elite DDR4 | Cpu: 13600K | 1.270V | P-Core 5.6GHZ | E-Core 3.9GHZ | Cpu Block: EK Quantum Velocity2 | Ram: Team T-Force Vulcan Z 4x8GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Gpu: Gigabyte GTX G1 970 Bios Hacked 1.275V | Gpu Block: EK | Cooling: Custom Loop | Rads: 4 | PSU: Corsair RM 1000w

1 minute ago, loony979 said:

Is this a good or bad score for my set up:

my set up quick specs.:

i5 3570k

Windforce g1 GTX 970 4GB.

16gb ddr3 ram.

ddfdfdfdfdf.jpg

Rerun it in Extreme HD instead of High. 

in Ultra as it does not say Extreme HD: (FOUND IT) silly me.new pic down below.

im still ocing the card but for now ill what you guys think.

desrwfgfsdg.jpg

Edited by loony979
add

Case: | TT Core x71 | Mobo: | Gigabyte Aorus Elite DDR4 | Cpu: 13600K | 1.270V | P-Core 5.6GHZ | E-Core 3.9GHZ | Cpu Block: EK Quantum Velocity2 | Ram: Team T-Force Vulcan Z 4x8GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Gpu: Gigabyte GTX G1 970 Bios Hacked 1.275V | Gpu Block: EK | Cooling: Custom Loop | Rads: 4 | PSU: Corsair RM 1000w