Unigine Valley Benchmark Scores Thread + SUPERPOSITION ***Over 1000 Submissions!***

Jumper118
13 hours ago, done12many2 said:

That 6700k has plenty of OC left in it.  It's looks like you've turned it up about 200 MHz.  Why not make a couple of runs at 4.8 to 5.0 GHz?  It'll help.

I'm definitely going to try this. 

Finally got around to this, still waiting on a damn Dremel. For now, fastest Intel result until someone benches a desktop Skylake or Broadwell chip

Basic.thumb.png.c4bf559ac8db7599f1fdeb3b

ExtremeHD.thumb.png.fb5fe655a99bc17632da

LTT's fastest Valley 970, slowest Valley Basic and Extreme HD scores

Desktop || CPU - i5 4690k || Motherboard - ASUS Gryphon Z97 || RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz || GPU - Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 *Cough* 3.5GB || Case - Fractal Design Define R5 || HDD - Seagate Barracuda 160GB || PSU - Corsair AX760

Went ahead and unlocked the voltage on my card and was able to get just a bit more out of it. No amount of tweaking past this gave 100% stability, So I stuck with this. :)

Was able to beat my previous score by nearly 100. Still a bit disappointed in the OC potential of this card based on others I have seen that can achieve higher than this OC without unlocking the voltage. I just was not as lucky.

ocbenchvalleygpuzfinal.png

CPU: i7 7700k @ 4.9GHz Cooling: NZXT Kraken X62 RAM: 16 GB GSkill Trident Z RGB GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 390 Case:Phanteks Evolv TG

Sexy sheet. I wonder when I will feel like my PC is actually good. 4th highest single gpu valley score and still feels like I have a shitty rig. 

Probably my 4k screen is the reason lol. Can't just set everything to max and be done with it

anyone else with a high end computer and still feel like its garbage?

4 minutes ago, Janne said:

Sexy sheet. I wonder when I will feel like my PC is actually good. 4th highest single gpu valley score and still feels like I have a shitty rig. 

Probably my 4k screen is the reason lol. Can't just set everything to max and be done with it

anyone else with a high end computer and still feel like its garbage?

I just looked at the PC you have listed in your profile and I think it's pretty decent setup.  I'm not sure that the inability to set everything on max in 4k means that a computer is garbage.  4k is just tougher on a rig to include current flagship type setups.

46 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

I just looked at the PC you have listed in your profile and I think it's pretty decent setup.  I'm not sure that the inability to set everything on max in 4k means that a computer is garbage.  4k is just tougher on a rig to include current flagship type setups.

Yeah I know, but it just doesn't feel good ;_;

Intel i7-6700k at 4.6 GHz

EVGA GTX 980 ti hybrid core base/boost 1140/1228, memory 1753

FPS: 94.0

Score: 3932

UnigineValley1080p.jpg.8efb24618ce89727b

3 hours ago, Colomon84 said:

@Duramax1560 very nice score for single card B|

Now imagine if we could get a dude with maybe two of them and a 6700k.  Then imagine if that dude was to push his 6700k just a little bit to say 4.8 or above.  Man we'd have something then!

Just now, done12many2 said:

Now imagine if we could get a dude with maybe two of them and a 6700k.  Then imagine if that dude was to push his 6700k just a little bit to say 4.8 or above.  Man we'd have something then!

Alright alright... I guess I'll volunteer... lol I honestly don't even know if my 6700k is stable at 4.8

6 minutes ago, Colomon84 said:

Alright alright... I guess I'll volunteer... lol I honestly don't even know if my 6700k is stable at 4.8

Nobody said it needs to be stable.  It's just got to make it through a solid run! :D

I'm am willing to bet that it's more than stable at 4.8 though.  Too many of us with the really hot processors hitting that and higher.

7 minutes ago, Colomon84 said:

"stable"

You mean make it through a single run of Valley?

Also, pretty confident you can do 4.8. Almost all 6700k's can do 4.7 pretty easily. 

LTT Unigine SUPERPOSITION scoreboardhttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jvq_--P35FbqY8Iv_jn3YZ_7iP1I_hR0_vk7DjKsZgI/edit#gid=0

Intel i7 8700k || ASUS Z370-I ITX || AMD Radeon VII || 16GB 4266mhz DDR4 || Silverstone 800W SFX-L || 512GB 950 PRO M.2 + 3.5TB of storage SSD's

SCHIIT Lyr 3 Multibit || HiFiMAN HE-1000 V2 || MrSpeakers Ether C

Just now, Masada02 said:

"stable"

You mean make it through a single run of Valley?

Also, pretty confident you can do 4.8. Almost all 6700k's can do 4.7 pretty easily. 

It's like you and I have a two-way radio set up or something.

got the 3rd 580 and re benched 2 way sli

56ec32609258c-GTX580Twinfrozrsli@9522260Valley3510.jpg

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

5 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

It's like you and I have a two-way radio set up or something.

Do any of you know what temps are too high for the 6700k? It's running on a Kraken x61 right now. Just don't want to boil my CPU by accident.

And I'm pretty sure I can make it through at least 1 run of valley. LOL on the other hand my graphics cards don't like even the load screen for valley if they are unstable. 

3 minutes ago, Colomon84 said:

Do any of you know what temps are too high for the 6700k? It's running on a Kraken x61 right now. Just don't want to boil my CPU by accident.

And I'm pretty sure I can make it through at least 1 run of valley. LOL on the other hand my graphics cards don't like even the load screen for valley if they are unstable. 

80c is fine on the 6700k

Rig Specs:

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Just now, Jumper118 said:

80c is fine on the 6700k

i attempted to run prime95 just to see it since i've never even seen what prime 95 does. my temps rocketed up to 83c! i got a little scared and turned off prime95

4 minutes ago, Jumper118 said:

Where's the 3-way? :D 

LTT Unigine SUPERPOSITION scoreboardhttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jvq_--P35FbqY8Iv_jn3YZ_7iP1I_hR0_vk7DjKsZgI/edit#gid=0

Intel i7 8700k || ASUS Z370-I ITX || AMD Radeon VII || 16GB 4266mhz DDR4 || Silverstone 800W SFX-L || 512GB 950 PRO M.2 + 3.5TB of storage SSD's

SCHIIT Lyr 3 Multibit || HiFiMAN HE-1000 V2 || MrSpeakers Ether C

2 minutes ago, Colomon84 said:

It really just depends on what voltage it's going to take for you to get there.  Shoot for 4.7 first and run Valley in windows mode while watching your CPU temps.  Guys that need to crank up more voltage with the the 6700k, say 1.4 + can easily hit high 80's or low 90's with an AIO type cooler.  I personally don't fear those temps for short bench runs, but then again, I don't ever see those.

1 minute ago, Colomon84 said:

i attempted to run prime95 just to see it since i've never even seen what prime 95 does. my temps rocketed up to 83c! i got a little scared and turned off prime95

yeah dont even bother with prime95 

1 minute ago, Masada02 said:

Where's the 3-way? :D 

its coming. i need to get the 3930K out to do that cos my z77 ocf only does 2 way sli 

Rig Specs:

Asus Zenith III Extreme

3 minutes ago, Colomon84 said:

Like Jumper said, ditch the Prime95 checks.  You're not trying to make it 100% rock solid for these.  Passing a couple of Valley runs is not hard on your processor at all compared to stress testing.  I think you'll be surprised how cool your CPU remains when you verify it before you start making some top score runs.

18 minutes ago, Jumper118 said:

56ec32609258c-GTX580Twinfrozrsli@9522260Valley3510.jpg

Looking forward to seeing that 3-way as well.

15 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Like Jumper said, ditch the Prime95 checks.  You're not trying to make it 100% rock solid for these.  Passing a couple of Valley runs is not hard on your processor at all compared to stress testing.  I think you'll be surprised how cool your CPU remains when you verify it before you start making some top score runs.

23 minutes ago, Jumper118 said:

80c is fine on the 6700k

I'm going to try it at 4.6 and then again at 4.8.. and see how much my scores increase. But maybe if 4.8 is easy breezy ill try for 4.9 or 5.0  :P