Get Battlefield 4 (PC) 14 hours early (100% legal)

ShadyHost

Two years ago during the Battlefield 3 launch, it was possible to use a VPN from Korea to unlock the Battlefield 3 launcher (campaign only) several hours before it was due to release in the other time zones. I unlocked Battlefield 3 and played the campaign a day early. 

Check the Korea launch times here:

https://help.ea.com/article/battlefield-4-worldwide-release-schedule

Korea is in the UTC +9 time zone. 

I live in the US-East time zone which means it will come out 13 hours earlier in Korea.

I won't link to any specific VPN. EA said this is legitimate as long as you don't use VPNs to purchase the game outside of your region. They do however warn that using a VPN might compromise your account. 

Be careful and enjoy. 

lUmDt1P.png

To the mods: I know this is a bit of a sketchy topic so I understand if this is something you don't want on the forums. 

When using spoiler tags, enclose them in square brackets [ ] not angled brackets < >.

Anyway, you say 100% legal but it's not unprecedented for EA to ban you for doing that, and apparently valve have banned people for doing the same on steam. Unless you have a source for them saying that it's legit? Anyway, it's only the campain so while it's epic and all, it's not quite as good as getting multiplayer early.

This thread should probably be in PC gaming.

HTTP/2 203

When using spoiler tags, enclose them in square brackets [ ] not angled brackets < >.

Anyway, you say 100% legal but it's not unprecedented for EA to ban you for doing that, and apparently valve have banned people for doing the same on steam. Unless you have a source for them saying that it's legit? Anyway, it's only the campain so while it's epic and all, it's not quite as good as getting multiplayer early.

This thread should probably be in PC gaming.

I fixed the spoiler tags. 

Here are a few links I found regarding the topic of bans:

http://www.gamepur.com/news/5939-no-bans-using-vpn-unlock-battlefield-3-early.html

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=352880

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/battlefield-3-no-restrictions-or-bans-on-using-a-vpn-to-unlock-the-game-earlier/

I doubt they would change their stance for Battlefield 4. 

Are you really that desperate to play 14 hours early jeez....Impatient much

Well I would like to get the campaign out of the way before I start multiplayer. 

After I get lodged into multiplayer I usually never go back to campaign. 

It makes more of a difference for us Europeans/Brits who have to wait until Friday to be able to play it. I'm getting a disk of the game (faster to install), but if it arrives early, I will probably try this to check out the single player. I'm surprised that they allow it though.

HTTP/2 203

Using VPNs to activate a game is against the Terms and Conditions of both Steam and Origin that you agree to follow when you make an account, so there is a chance that you might get your account banned. So it isn't really legit...

Using VPNs to activate a game is against the Terms and Conditions of both Steam and Origin that you agree to follow when you make an account, so there is a chance that you might get your account banned. So it isn't really legit...

I haven't heard of that happening to anyone. 

I think what they mean by using a VPN to activate a game is if someone live in a place (for example Australia) and they use a US VPN to purchase the game for a cheaper price THAT would be against the TOS. 

But using a VPN to run the campaign of a game you already own is small potatoes. 

I haven't heard of that happening to anyone. 

I think what they mean by using a VPN to activate a game is if someone live in a place (for example Australia) and they use a US VPN to purchase the game for a cheaper price THAT would be against the TOS. 

But using a VPN to run the campaign of a game you already own is small potatoes. 

I activated my Saint's Row 4 using a VPN (Previously purchased in my country) and I've received a warning from Steam saying that if they catch me again they may temporarily or permanently ban my account... I've learned my lesson. 14 hours isn't long, I would rather wait.

I activated my Saint's Row 4 using a VPN (Previously purchased in my country) and I've received a warning from Steam saying that if they catch me again they may temporarily or permanently ban my account... I've learned my lesson. 14 hours isn't long, I would rather wait.

That's Steam. 

Battlefield 4 is on Origin. 

precisely also EA warned people for doing the same when Sim City came out

precisely also EA warned people for doing the same when Sim City came out

SimCity is online only.

I will contact EA customer support (oh god) and see what they say. They have to give a YES/NO answer. 

So I have contacted EA Customer Support for Battlefield 4 and the guy told me that as long as the game was purchased in the correct region, any method used to activate it is not frowned upon by EA. 

He said that since VPNs are technically used for privacy, I wouldn't be breaking any rules by using one from Korea. 

He did say however that it is always recommended to use the normal activation methods. 

TLDR; Do at your own risk, but you won't get banned. 

Another user posted a chat session confirming that it is ok to use the Korean VPN to unlock the game early

bkzgPbc.png

Another user posted a chat session confirming that it is ok to use the Korean VPN to unlock the game early

Make sure you post this somewhere people can see if they do happen to get banned! Appealling the ban with this very photo would save a lot of people a lot of disappointment! :D

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

HEY GAIS, U CAN PLAYZ THIS GAME 14 HOURZ EARLIERZ THAN THE NORMAL SUCKERZ.

Good job, you got 14 long hours of getting your ass whupped by Koreans on a 1450ms ping connection, provided they don't boot you immediately. And if you tell me "I'm gonna play the single player bro", you're doing it wrong as-is.

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

Make sure you post this somewhere people can see if they do happen to get banned! Appealling the ban with this very photo would save a lot of people a lot of disappointment! :D

You won't get banned. 

Good job, you got 14 long hours of getting your ass whupped by Koreans on a 1450ms ping connection, provided they don't boot you immediately. And if you tell me "I'm gonna play the single player bro", you're doing it wrong as-is.

Yeah you are right. I am going to play the singleplayer so that I don't feel obligated to play it later on. 

I like multiplayer more, but I always want to know what happens in the single player before it gets spoiled on reddit. 

I tried multiplayer at the Battlefield 3 launch on the Korean servers. I think I was getting around 150 ping which is pretty bad but manageable. 

I will probably play the bots mode seen here:

http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/ea-battlefield-4-add-ai-bots-for-mp-maps-for-offline-mode

This is how I managed to be the first one to upload Arkham Origins vids from Steam gameplay on YT. Singapore is just an hour behind Japan. I am very sure you can get ahead.

Earliest release time is Korea. 

Just so you know. They don't want you to do and will happily ban for doing so. But nothing stops you from doing it and as long as you don't make it loud and proud....

Retried Battlefield Moderator EA Star Wars Battlefront Senior Moderator  Battlefield Moderator and EA Champion

Just so you know. They don't want you to do and will happily ban for doing so. But nothing stops you from doing it and as long as you don't make it loud and proud....

We've already seen several chat screenshots with customer support saying there is nothing wrong with activating over VPN

Are you really that desperate to play 14 hours early jeez....Impatient much

Be nice! > : (

Hey, that's just unnecessarily rude..... Tone it down will you.

Maybe you don't care, but the community does.