Intel powered Arduino, First of it's kind.

AMICLG

Arduino has developed with Intel the Arduino Galileo powered by a Quark SoC X1000, a 32-bit Pentium-class system on a chip that runs at 400 mhz, with 16 kBytes of L1 cache, has 512 kBytes of ram and 256Mbyte of DRAM. The board it self has has 14 I/O pins (6 of which are pwm), 6 analog inputs, a pcie 2.0 compliant half mini-PCIe slot, micro sd slot up for cards up to 32 GB, USB 2.0, and 10/100m ethernet.

IntelGalileo_fabD_Front.jpg

IntelGalileo_fabD_Back.jpgIntelGalileoLogicSchematics.jpg

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

It will still be too expensive to matter...

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

What would you even use this for?

I think most cars have better specs than that.

It's not about specs

Look at intels NUC. It's a cool concept but there is not community or development behind it to push it forward.

Look at Raspberry Pi...It's cheap...it's not too powerful...it has it's own OS...there are developers behind it...XBMC

Nuff said.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

What would you even use this for?

I think most cars have better specs than that.

It's a median between an arduino, raspberry pi, and x86 systems.

So its like, a raspberry pi and so basically you could make a small linux based pc for your car and use it to watch mp3 and mp4 movies and content on a 32 gig card. 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

So its like, a raspberry pi and so basically you could make a small linux based pc for your car and use it to watch mp3 and mp4 movies and content on a 32 gig card. 

Or you could save money and buy a raspberry pie and download tons of different software tailored for it. there are tons of different cases and accessories for the Raspberry pie and it has a massive modding community around it. 

and best of all

Quake 3

Hail Sithis!

Or you could save money and buy a raspberry pie and download tons of different software tailored for it. there are tons of different cases and accessories for the Raspberry pie and it has a massive modding community around it. 

and best of all

Quake 3

but i'm glad that intel is at least trying this, 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

but i'm glad that intel is at least trying this, 

I suppose :)

Hail Sithis!

I think I agree with @beebskadoo, at least until I come up with something my raspberry pi or another machine I already own can't do. But for me that is the entire appeal of the raspberry pi. Sure we all build desktops that we feel could do anything. But there are some things where a desktop is a wrecking ball to a problem that needs a simple hammer. For all of these the raspberry pi is amazing. Without the community or the affordability it is nothing. Competition is great and all but I'm almost afraid that unless an alternative can equal price and be a different enough alternative then it is going to flounder.

Though this thing is apparently only coming in at $60 and they do seem to be giving 50,000 away to universities. So it does stand a strong chance. I would just be afraid that anyone that would be interested in one of these would already have bought a raspberry pi. I have, heck, I would mind having another one or two since mine is now playing server for web development learning.

My rig: 2600k(4.2 GHz) w/ Cooler Master hyper 212+, Gigabyte Z68-UD3H-B3, Powercolor 7870 xt(1100/1500) w/AIO mod,

8GB DDR3 1600, 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K SSD, 1TB Seagate, Antec earthwatts 430, NZXT H2

Verified max overclock, just for kicks: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2609399

and best of all

Quake 3

I would have no problem spending $100-150 on a tegra 5 board that's like a raspberry pi when they are released.

Wasn't Intel making another one of these type of things but was like $200?

I have no clue. I think there were rumors going around about it but they might have cancelled it.

If I were to go for an embedded system, I would go with the Minnowboard. It has a 64-bit intel atom e640 1 ghz SoC with GMA 600 gtapbucs. HDMI output for a display that is backwards compatable DVI.

System Specs: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Six-core CPU, AMD Radeon HD 6970 2 GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card, MSI 890FXA-GD70 Motherboard, Kingston Hyper-X 1600 MHz RAM, ADATA 128 GB MLC SSD, 2 TB HDD, Astec Dual 120 mm closed Liquid cooling Loop, Cooler Master 800W Silent Pro Gold (80 Plus Gold Certified) PSU, Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 Gaming Keyboard (Love me my Cherry MX Blue Switches), a Razer Taipan Gaming Mouse (8200 dpi 4G sensor FTW!), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

No that had a proper i series CPU in it. It was a board for SFF builds. This is just basically a microcontroller.

Hail Sithis!

Meanwhile....

ArduinoMicroFront_450px.jpg

Arduino Micro:

The maximum length and width of the Micro PCB are 4.8cm and 1.77cm respectively, with the USB connector extending beyond the former dimension. The layout allows for easy placement on a solderless breadboard..

Summary Microcontroller ATmega32u4

Operating Voltage 5V

Input Voltage (recommended) 7-12V

Input Voltage (limits) 6-20V

Digital I/O Pins 20

PWM Channels 7

Analog Input Channels 12

DC Current per I/O Pin 40 mA

DC Current for 3.3V Pin 50 mA

Flash Memory 32 KB (ATmega32u4) of which 4 KB used by bootloader

SRAM 2.5 KB (ATmega32u4)

EEPROM 1 KB (ATmega32u4)

Clock Speed 16 MHz

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

what would this be used for?

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270