Anthrax 7.0 - Mostly Whoosh With A Bit Of Sploosh

It actually makes a huge different when your in dim/dark lighting. You no can has :P It took me quite a while to acquire all of those and almost just as long to finally get them all together.

Aww =[ Going to save like crazy I think, I need that especially now I'm all moved and I got a room just for my man cave! Well I need to save to decorate that first and my holiday I'm meant to be going on with the missus and a new car >.> So much saving. Not even had time to look for plates for a keyboard yet.

Well you've come a long way from what it looked like to what it is now. Excited to see it finished.

that is a lot of hard drives, wow.

Pentium G3258 @ 4.2GHz | Asus R9 290 | MSI Z97s SLI Plus | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1600MHZ | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | 250GB 840 Evo |Evga Supernova 750W | Win 7 Home Premium | Corsair Obsidian 800D |

i5-2450M @ 2.50 GHz | 8GB RAM | 500GB 5400rpm HDD | Nvidia gt630m | Win 8.1 Pro |

Aww =[ Going to save like crazy I think, I need that especially now I'm all moved and I got a room just for my man cave! Well I need to save to decorate that first and my holiday I'm meant to be going on with the missus and a new car >.> So much saving. Not even had time to look for plates for a keyboard yet.

Well you've come a long way from what it looked like to what it is now. Excited to see it finished.

I wish you luck man.

I think youll be surprised more than anything. ;)

that is a lot of hard drives, wow.

4 is a lot?

thought there were six whoops.

Pentium G3258 @ 4.2GHz | Asus R9 290 | MSI Z97s SLI Plus | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1600MHZ | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | 250GB 840 Evo |Evga Supernova 750W | Win 7 Home Premium | Corsair Obsidian 800D |

i5-2450M @ 2.50 GHz | 8GB RAM | 500GB 5400rpm HDD | Nvidia gt630m | Win 8.1 Pro |

thought there were six whoops.

No matter which pic your looking at they should be SSD's but im not sure which pic so there might be 2 or 4 of them.

z4LE1Gv.png

Update #064: What did I get my self into? | 2014.01.21

Well as I was getting everything together I realised that the Air 540 only just, and I mean only just, fit all of my components. In the end I couldnt even get my pinky between the end of the GPU and the pull fans on the H320. I imagined that this would cause a bit of issue for the upgrades I had planned.

Thanks to @airdeano for pointing out that Newegg was finally carrying Nanoxia products my issue was solved and I picked up a Nanoxia Deep Slience 6. It was a case that I had actually been lusting after for quite some time. I also had to thank @Slick for covering the case at Computex 2013 because without that I would have never know about it in the first place.

Twitter_TheProfosist_SlickPC_Finally_got

Remember to LinusTechTips-Followthistopic.png to receive continued updates automatically!

z4LE1Gv.png

Update #065: Directing all that airflow. | 2014.01.22

Since ordering the DS6 I wanted to plan out the airflow right away. The below diagram is what I came up with.

003-h.jpg

Remember to LinusTechTips-Followthistopic.png to receive continued updates automatically!

I wish you luck man.

I think youll be surprised more than anything. ;)

Suprised? I know it's gonna look amazing. Thank you as well :) Maybe when/if I ever get round to it, I'll make a log for my man cave. It won't be for a while though so much going on.

z4LE1Gv.png

Update #065: Directing all that airflow. | 2014.01.22

Since ordering the DS6 I wanted to plan out the airflow right away. The below diagram is what I came up with.

That plan looks solid, looks good to me.

So @Toxiclegend did I surprise you with update 64?

I knew you'd get a bigger case at some point, surprised by this case. Yeah.

I knew you'd get a bigger case at some point, surprised by this case. Yeah.

Really? I even surprised my self with this.

Why are you surprised by this specific case? Is is just because the brand is not all that common yet?

z4LE1Gv.png

Update #064: What did I get my self into? | 2014.01.21

Well as I was getting everything together I realised that the Air 540 only just, and I mean only just, fit all of my components. In the end I couldnt even get my pinky between the end of the GPU and the pull fans on the H320. I imagined that this would cause a bit of issue for the upgrades I had planned.

Thanks to @airdeano for pointing out that Newegg was finally carrying Nanoxia products my issue was solved and I picked up a Nanoxia Deep Slience 6. It was a case that I had actually been lusting after for quite some time. I also had to thank @Slick for

because without that I would have never know about it in the first place.

i see you finally made it to this update 

z4LE1Gv.png

Pre-Update #-01: Where it all started. | 2013.08.12

I thought I would show what my desktop was like before I undertook this. It was something simple that did its job as I was trying to avoid headaches.

Did you really keep your pc on 2x4s like that?

i see you finally made it to this update

Hey im less than 7 months behind on updates now.

Did you really keep your pc on 2x4s like that?

Yes for more clearance for the PSU and bottom fans, especially when on carpet. There are egrips on the bottom so it doesnt slip and cabinet liner on the top.

Really? I even surprised my self with this.

Why are you surprised by this specific case? Is is just because the brand is not all that common yet?

Yeah this specific case surprised me, I thought you'd eventually go Corsair or Caselabs or something, didn't expect this.

Hey im less than 7 months behind on updates now.

Yes for more clearance for the PSU and bottom fans, especially when on carpet. There are egrips on the bottom so it doesnt slip and cabinet liner on the top.

7 months O.o...

That's a good idea to put it on that, at my old house my 750D was rested on 4 books because of carpet. New house is going to have wooden flooring to keep the room cooler and so I don't have this carpet issue. Mainly the first reason though try to keep the ambient temps down

Yeah this specific case surprised me, I thought you'd eventually go Corsair or Caselabs or something, didn't expect this.

7 months O.o...

That's a good idea to put it on that, at my old house my 750D was rested on 4 books because of carpet. New house is going to have wooden flooring to keep the room cooler and so I don't have this carpet issue. Mainly the first reason though try to keep the ambient temps down

Corsair cases are actually kinda flimsy, especially for the money. Your really paying for the looks and the brand. I actually have quite a few of them. The 750D is actually my HTPC/Server case.

This case was love at first sight it had everything I needed. It reminded me of a updated version of antec's old P180 and P190 cases. Build quality is actually even better. I might get a caselabs as my next case as this one seems to be only barely enough room.

Yea didn't you notice the dates next to the titles of the logs in each post? That's when that updated actually happened. I'm a bit behind, but no worries and the build still isn't done.

Yea I took some pics for @Charger of why I need them on my carpet, especially for the DS6. I'll see if I can like them tomorrow. Maybe I'll even make it a update. :P

I was planning on getting a few more updates up tonight but I just wasn't up for it and have to up somewhat early compared to recent.

Corsair cases are actually kinda flimsy, especially for the money. Your really paying for the looks and the brand. I actually have quite a few of them. The 750D is actually my HTPC/Server case.

This case was love at first sight it had everything I needed. It reminded me of a updated version of antec's old P180 and P190 cases. Build quality is actually even better. I might get a caselabs as my next case as this one seems to be only barely enough room.

Yea didn't you notice the dates next to the titles of the logs in each post? That's when that updated actually happened. I'm a bit behind, but no worries and the build still isn't done.

Yea I took some pics for @Charger of why I need them on my carpet, especially for the DS6. I'll see if I can like them tomorrow. Maybe I'll even make it a update. :P

Yeah I kinda get that, the 750D is a beautiful case it's not the strongest and the window scratches so easy too =[

My next case is going to be a caselabs one I think I just want a huuuuuge case for no reason and make it look sexy ;) Overkill on HDD or cooling or something :P

No to be honest I didn't look at the dates until now xD I should pay more attention sometimes I guess, still 10:30AM here though so still waking up and work doesn't help me wake up quick.

No to be honest I didn't look at the dates until now xD I should pay more attention sometimes I guess, still 10:30AM here though so still waking up and work doesn't help me wake up quick.

I fell for that as well when i started following this thread lol

Well I think when he gets to the 15th of April he should do a special update cause my birthday ;):ph34r:

Can't wait to see the Deep Silence 6, I like Nanoxia's cases.

There should be plenty of pics coming up, hopefully soon. I like them quite a bit as well. At the moment they have taken over for Antec for me since their line went to shit.

On a side not is it bad that I recognized your tiny avatar immediately in tapatalk on my phone? Screenshots from my own personal stash below.

CowboyBebopOPEnding1.png

CowboyBebopOPEnding2.png

Yeah I kinda get that, the 750D is a beautiful case it's not the strongest and the window scratches so easy too =[

My next case is going to be a caselabs one I think I just want a huuuuuge case for no reason and make it look sexy ;) Overkill on HDD or cooling or something :P

I took the window off of mine and put on a second solid side panel then used sound dampening on both panels. I really need to start the build log on that...

lol well I put them there for context so people could see how long this actually took me.

:P what else am I to do though?

Well I think when he gets to the 15th of April he should do a special update cause my birthday ;):ph34r:

How did you know I had a April 15th update... :P

@Toxiclegend here's a closeup of why I need those 2x4's (Deep Silence 6 on my carpet)

IMG_4631-h.jpg

IMG_4634-h.jpg

IMG_4635-h.jpg