Anthrax 7.0 - Mostly Whoosh With A Bit Of Sploosh

:P what else am I to do though?

It is far to late to do anything else. However the thing most people do is keep it updated as the updates happen though lol

It is far to late to do anything else. However the thing most people do is keep it updated as the updates happen though lol

But I take too many pictures and there have been and are too many delays with this build.

I took the window off of mine and put on a second solid side panel then used sound dampening on both panels. I really need to start the build log on that...

lol well I put them there for context so people could see how long this actually took me.

That's a good idea if you are using it as a server because I've worked with enough to know they get bloody noisey.

:P what else am I to do though?

How did you know I had a April 15th update... :P

I didn't just cause I'm so special I think you should ;)

@Toxiclegend here's a closeup of why I need those 2x4's (Deep Silence 6 on my carpet)

Yeah I can see why you need the wood. If I do decide to carpet my man cave for sound proofing a little extra, I will build a desk that I can put my 750D on or under with wood like a shelving place. Then eventually when I get a case labs case it'll be on rollers anyway so it'll be high enough off the floor.

Yay, a Nanoxia DS6!

I reckon the internet has too many reviews posted about that case and not enough people posting about building in them.

Are you going to make a minor mod to the top to fit those 120mm fans under the chimney? What, if any, watercooling is going in?

On a side note Nanoxia seems to be one of the few brands where the AUD can get you decent value and features with their cases and fans (atleast before shipping costs).

z4LE1Gv.png

Update #066: BEWARE Noctua's color scheme has been embraced! | 2014.01.22

After picking up the DS6 and talking to a few people from the from IRS (Intel Response Squad) @ericlee30 talked me into getting my cables sleeved since he had just started up his sleeving company Riptide Custom Sleeving. I though his work was really good and that it would be something that would really set this build off and take it up another step.

Below are the designs that I came up with using an older version of ChooseMyPC.net's Sleeving Prototyper.

FYreulp-c.png__________O4H0wi0-c.png__________sFh11QH-c.png

Remember to LinusTechTips-Followthistopic.png to receive continued updates automatically!

just realized I should have cropped those pics so that post is going to get updated quick

just realized I should have cropped those pics so that post is going to get updated quick

update has been fixed, enjoy!

That's a good idea if you are using it as a server because I've worked with enough to know they get bloody noisey.

I didn't just cause I'm so special I think you should ;)

Yeah I can see why you need the wood. If I do decide to carpet my man cave for sound proofing a little extra, I will build a desk that I can put my 750D on or under with wood like a shelving place. Then eventually when I get a case labs case it'll be on rollers anyway so it'll be high enough off the floor.

Its a HTPC/Server and has 5 HDDs, hopefully 9 soon-ishly. So yea for the HDDs and general room noise I thought it was a good idea. I got the case pretty cheap after rebate. It can fit a bunch of big fans as well as HDDs. Its also looks pretty good as well.

:P

Im going to probably build it something an put those furniture sliders on it so I dont have to pick it up to get at it.

Yay, a Nanoxia DS6!

I reckon the internet has too many reviews posted about that case and not enough people posting about building in them.

Are you going to make a minor mod to the top to fit those 120mm fans under the chimney? What, if any, watercooling is going in?

On a side note Nanoxia seems to be one of the few brands where the AUD can get you decent value and features with their cases and fans (atleast before shipping costs).

Ive seen reviews but not many if any US/NA ones. I agree man their kind of a new company so they are a bit of a underdog. I really wish more people would consider them because their cases are really high quality and relatively cheap for the smaller ones.

No because the H320 in push pull will easily fit up there without that and I have plan for how im going to use that switch. If you did mod the top to do that you would have to remove the entire mechanism for the chimney opening and closing. I had to even get screws with smaller heads so it would clear.

update has been fixed, enjoy!

The cables look good in them colours.

Its a HTPC/Server and has 5 HDDs, hopefully 9 soon-ishly. So yea for the HDDs and general room noise I thought it was a good idea. I got the case pretty cheap after rebate. It can fit a bunch of big fans as well as HDDs. Its also looks pretty good as well.

:P

Im going to probably build it something an put those furniture sliders on it so I dont have to pick it up to get at it.

Well you could just mount stuff everywhere on it if it's just used for storing stuff adding your own cages for HDD and a cheap SSD in the back for the few things it'll use and the OS. It's plenty big enough to put in loads of HDDs.

If you do have another idea for the 750D what is it? ;)

The cables look good in them colours.

Well you could just mount stuff everywhere on it if it's just used for storing stuff adding your own cages for HDD and a cheap SSD in the back for the few things it'll use and the OS. It's plenty big enough to put in loads of HDDs.

If you do have another idea for the 750D what is it? ;)

Oh they do you should see soon ;)

It fits all that stuff natively. I imagine you could actually get 15+ HDDs in a 750D if you order enough cages. What do you mean another idea?

Oh they do you should see soon ;)

It fits all that stuff natively. I imagine you could actually get 15+ HDDs in a 750D if you order enough cages. What do you mean another idea?

Soon always soon with you ;) Haha

Well you and your build logs, I'm sure you'd have a crazy idea for it.

Soon always soon with you ;) Haha

Well you and your build logs, I'm sure you'd have a crazy idea for it.

Well it is soon like within a number of updates.

The HTPC build really isn't anything crazy.

Well it is soon like within a number of updates.

The HTPC build really isn't anything crazy.

Look forward to it ;)

No but I was suggesting you might have something crazy lined up for it down the line, going through the rest of your logs and stuff. I'm sure you'll think of some crazy idea you'll want to try.

Look forward to it ;)

No but I was suggesting you might have something crazy lined up for it down the line, going through the rest of your logs and stuff. I'm sure you'll think of some crazy idea you'll want to try.

there is probably one or two cool things. I am going to try to do some interesting things with my 20th anniversary Pentium build though.

there is probably one or two cool things. I am going to try to do some interesting things with my 20th anniversary Pentium build though.

Yay! Another log of yours to follow!

Yay! Another log of yours to follow!
Yea there will be a total of five just as my Sig says.
I'm waiting for the keyboard build log
Which one? ;):P

to slow... that is why i added the s to the end of log lol

I don't see an s there :P

lol you just had to edit it didn't you

*whistles*

god damn does any one ever fall for the whistling while acting natural these days lol

I think the only place that would work would be down south since its probably the one place where whistling could be seen as normal.

I think the only place that would work would be down south since its probably the one place where whistling could be seen as normal.

We whistle a lot here. Well I do.

We whistle a lot here. Well I do.

but your not in the US and I dont think ive seen anyone casually whistle without getting glares in years.