Anthrax 7.0 - Mostly Whoosh With A Bit Of Sploosh

I would just get one each for your important system(s) because well their bloody expensive. Yea I agree but I think I'm borderline too many. I really do hope some at least learns something from this build log. Just get the monitor a vesa mount unless it doest work. Its alright the merc isn't a great keyboard. Sad to hear about the mx1000 as I believe that was logitech's first laser mouse and the precursor to the almighty MX Revolution.

If you really think your bad you might want to look at some of the earlier build logs and some future ones. There is a reason this build is going on 9 months now. There is stuff that predates this as well. I've had a rough 1.5-2 years when it comes that sort of stuff. However the good thing is that what I build for others never has an issue.

Its just big and I'll have other updates on the same topic. 21 pics is also a ton to have for 1 update.

I'll have to plug in my PC, TV and sound system then they are my most prized things or mean to most to me if I got sockets left then I'll have to have a hard think about what I need to save more!

I could mount it I suppose but after I move, might just get a new one as an excuse because I want to turn to loft or spare room into a studio so I'll use it there if anything.

I loved the Merc I have no idea why I just got used to the "butterfly" keys really came in handy until it died because now all my keybinds have to change xD The MX1000 was their first laser mouse and it was amazing cost me £45 and even though the rubber only recently started to peel off the battery would need charging every day it was still good until the laser went but hey it lasted me until the other week from around 2007 so can't complain.

It's always the way you can build for others and not have a problem, my sisters MC PC is fine, the 10 I built at work all fine, my old PC not fine, the new one I'm slowly adding too so far so good but we will see how long it takes for me to finish it and mess that up too xD I'm just annoyed that my 750D can't fit the VI Formula mobo without a little modding or taking the back plate off the mobo, it's a sexy mobo, I haven't gotten it yet because I'm thinking of what to do cause I want a black and green build so I'd be painting stuff anyway.

Well if that's the case start a new topic and just link the topic in this one? Sort of as a sub log thing

I'll have to plug in my PC, TV and sound system then they are my most prized things or mean to most to me if I got sockets left then I'll have to have a hard think about what I need to save more!

I could mount it I suppose but after I move, might just get a new one as an excuse because I want to turn to loft or spare room into a studio so I'll use it there if anything.

I loved the Merc I have no idea why I just got used to the "butterfly" keys really came in handy until it died because now all my keybinds have to change xD The MX1000 was their first laser mouse and it was amazing cost me £45 and even though the rubber only recently started to peel off the battery would need charging every day it was still good until the laser went but hey it lasted me until the other week from around 2007 so can't complain.

It's always the way you can build for others and not have a problem, my sisters MC PC is fine, the 10 I built at work all fine, my old PC not fine, the new one I'm slowly adding too so far so good but we will see how long it takes for me to finish it and mess that up too xD I'm just annoyed that my 750D can't fit the VI Formula mobo without a little modding or taking the back plate off the mobo, it's a sexy mobo, I haven't gotten it yet because I'm thinking of what to do cause I want a black and green build so I'd be painting stuff anyway.

Well if that's the case start a new topic and just link the topic in this one? Sort of as a sub log thing

yea i really need to pick one up for at least my server so my data is safer. the Tv woul be fine on a surge protector. The Pc and other things that would hate the plug essentially being pull are the things you want on the UPS.

Lol yea that is a good excuse. i sadly couldnt do that with any of mine too expensive to just write off like that, at least in my eyes.

Pick up a orbweaver I love the two I have. Ill hopefully be modding one in the future.

I didnt have that problem until X79 and antec redesign how their cases were manufactured. I really have a feeling that the case had something to do with it as at least 3 of the 4 motherboards I had go the only common factor was having been in that case at one point. And the first case they had that style I definitely had a issue. The board wouldnt even turn on in the case but put it in another case or even outside the case with ll the same components and it ran like a dream.

I plan to ill hopefully get that up tonight.

Pick up a orbweaver I love the two I have. Ill hopefully be modding one in the future.

I didnt have that problem until X79 and antec redesign how their cases were manufactured. I really have a feeling that the case had something to do with it as at least 3 of the 4 motherboards I had go the only common factor was having been in that case at one point. And the first case they had that style I definitely had a issue. The board wouldnt even turn on in the case but put it in another case or even outside the case with ll the same components and it ran like a dream.

going to do a switch swap?

you know someone did something wrong when a case stopped a computer from working

going to do a switch swap?

you know someone did something wrong when a case stopped a computer from working

Switch swap with custom built switches as well as keycaps, which the case needs to be modded to allow. i may also change the LEDs but they would have to be near the same voltage as i dont want to mess with the PCB unless I have to. Ill likely add orings as well.

Yes that time is was due to the front I/O something was shorting it. On the newer case I swapped that once and still had issues. I literally scraped the case after that as I didnt trust it being the only common thing between the computer going bad besides the house it self.

Switch swap with custom built switches as well as keycaps, which the case needs to be modded to allow. i may also change the LEDs but they would have to be near the same voltage as i dont want to mess with the PCB unless I have to. Ill likely add orings as well.

Yes that time is was due to the front I/O something was shorting it. On the newer case I swapped that once and still had issues. I literally scraped the case after that as I didnt trust it being the only common thing between the computer going bad besides the house it self.

Don't you hate that leds use different voltage for each color. I understand not wanting to mess with the pcb to change the voltage.

Even my corsair 300r case had front panel problems. They left off a ground from the audio wiring so it wouldn't work right at hd audio took me like 2 weeks of thinking it was a software problem before i started looking at the wiring

The backlighting sub-log has been created! http://goo.gl/M9K0G1 Ill edit set-update 054 and get another update up soon but I think im done for tonight.

Don't you hate that leds use different voltage for each color. I understand not wanting to mess with the pcb to change the voltage.

Even my corsair 300r case had front panel problems. They left off a ground from the audio wiring so it wouldn't work right at hd audio took me like 2 weeks of thinking it was a software problem before i started looking at the wiring

Not really as usually I just put in the correct resistor. In this case however that really isnt an option for the most part.

Antec cases quality took a huge nose nice with the 200. I mean have you seen the Eleven Hunderd on stilts (1900)? I could most something better. There is a reason they can give you all those features and stay at around $100. Its like they too their legacy and popular products and threw them out the window.

yea i really need to pick one up for at least my server so my data is safer. the Tv woul be fine on a surge protector. The Pc and other things that would hate the plug essentially being pull are the things you want on the UPS.

Lol yea that is a good excuse. i sadly couldnt do that with any of mine too expensive to just write off like that, at least in my eyes.

I plan to ill hopefully get that up tonight.

I just picked up 2 UPS for around £200, I figured 2 because they have 8 plugs so I can use one with my computer, speakers, my little NAS etc  and the other will go in my music studio when I get round to it because it'll have studio monitors, a PC a bunch of audio interfaces etc etc.

Them monitors are expensive yeah, mine was just a cheap one so I can throw it out the window and not really care, it's so old it'd probably turn to dust on impact anwyay.

I've looked at the orbweaver several times, but after seeing the HID build I might have to have a word with you and scrap getting a RGB one and get a custom one ;) Maybe we can talk about it over PM?

What the hell did the case do then? I mean if it shorted it the things would never work again? That's a bit odd... At least for me anyway skipped work yesterday so I came in today and my brain doesn't want to work at all >.>

I think it's good you moved the monitor modding to another log just to save confusion and stuff you can just link it in the update or something.

Well I finally fixed update 54 with reference to the sub-log http://goo.gl/iOVSVd .

I just picked up 2 UPS for around £200, I figured 2 because they have 8 plugs so I can use one with my computer, speakers, my little NAS etc  and the other will go in my music studio when I get round to it because it'll have studio monitors, a PC a bunch of audio interfaces etc etc.

Them monitors are expensive yeah, mine was just a cheap one so I can throw it out the window and not really care, it's so old it'd probably turn to dust on impact anwyay.

I've looked at the orbweaver several times, but after seeing the HID build I might have to have a word with you and scrap getting a RGB one and get a custom one ;) Maybe we can talk about it over PM?

What the hell did the case do then? I mean if it shorted it the things would never work again? That's a bit odd... At least for me anyway skipped work yesterday so I came in today and my brain doesn't want to work at all >.>

I think it's good you moved the monitor modding to another log just to save confusion and stuff you can just link it in the update or something.

nice

yea, lol

sure pm i can do custom board stuff but RGB can be an issue

case broke stuff cause it wasnt made correctly

yep no prole ms just need to take time and move it but ive been busy

Hey guys sorry about not having a update in a while. I have actually had a lot on my plate as of late. Also most of the posts and updates for my logs get done on my laptop as I watch TV before bed. I haven't really done that as of late and I actually finally too the time to clean install windows to get rid of some issues I was dealing with.

Take your time to get things done, I will be here looking forward to the updates.

Sorry this took so long guys but some updates are finally on their way up!

z4LE1Gv.png

Set-Update #055: Lighting it all up! | 2013.11.22

This update is also a sub log because im trying to show off the effects of the ambient backlighting. I really think if any of you use your computer in dark or dimly lit areas you should really look into this as it makes a amazing difference. Also I had a cool idea when I saw how cheap the the LED Christmas lights were this year. Please check out Lighting It Up: Ambient Backlighting Done Right! Sub-Update: #2 to see some comparison pictures with the backlight.

IMG_8235.jpg

IMG_8335.jpg

Remember to LinusTechTips-Followthistopic.png to receive continued updates automatically!

I always look forward to updates from this log...

I love the sub updates, and the real updates. Love it.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

I always look forward to updates from this log...

I love the sub updates, and the real updates. Love it.

That is great to hear! Im sorry there has been such long delay since the last update but I have just had a bunch of random things I decided had been waiting long enough and just got them done. One of these things was reinstalling windows on my laptop. This also added to the delay because most of the updates come from the couch usually as im watching TV, which i really didnt do either.

As for the sub-updates there might be a few other threads. One possibly about my psu sleeving, and the random tools I use and acquire along the way.

Im going to try to have more regular updates, hopefully more and more frequent. Is there anything specific that you want to see or see more of?

i love the christmas tree light switch

You know you do ;)

*uk...uk..u.k.*

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

The lighting on the back of that monitor is pretty awesome, creates a nice little glow

*uk...uk..u.k.*

I think I'm missing something...

The lighting on the back of that monitor is pretty awesome, creates a nice little glow

Yea and man do you get used to it. I notice right away if I for get to turn it on.

I think I'm missing something...

Yea and man do you get used to it. I notice right away if I for get to turn it on.

Your desktop...

It does look awesome it especially if you're there at night with the lights off I can see it looking amazing

IMG_8335.jpg

*uk...uk..u.k.*

Yeah what does that stand for anyways? Just curious :)

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Yeah what does that stand for anyways? Just curious :)

Hm... I thought it was crying in japanese.. the sounds they make xD

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

Hm... I thought it was crying in japanese.. the sounds they make xD

Awe now that makes since :)

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "