Anthrax 7.0 - Mostly Whoosh With A Bit Of Sploosh

Yes they should. If you looking for those specific ones they should be on amazon.

I have a large number of them as well but I only have one or two dual link ones. I know ones from a old evga card and another from a old HIS or sapphire card. These are back from when the feature of dvi being converted to HDMI and it actually being seen as a HDMI port were introduced. All the rest of the ones I have are the cheap single link freebies that they throw in now days every now and then.

All my electronics are surge protected, can't tell you how often we have power cuts/surges/outages in the UK it's stupid saved me a fair few times.

Yeah I think I've gotten all mine from building for a friends/family or other people and asking if I can keep them and just asking a store I get my parts from if they have them spare because I forget I have loads.

I just wish i had a soldering iron that would get hot when plugged in not 5+ minutes later

It does take 5min or so but what mean is that when you not using the pump there is nothing telling you the tip is hot so I forget to unplug it or nearly burn myself on it. The little red toggle switch of the two port surge protector solved this for me and now I have no plugging or unplugging.

Oh I have a Hakko 808 BTW but it needs a bit of repair as the previous owner didnt take very good care of it.

All my electronics are surge protected, can't tell you how often we have power cuts/surges/outages in the UK it's stupid saved me a fair few times.

Yeah I think I've gotten all mine from building for a friends/family or other people and asking if I can keep them and just asking a store I get my parts from if they have them spare because I forget I have loads.

Then you might want to look into a UPS so the dont get damaged from things other than surges.

I just save everything i think is useful. Last year though this exceeded the amount im willing to save so im trying to whittle down my "collection".

*sigh* I officially take too many pictures.

It does take 5min or so but what mean is that when you not using the pump there is nothing telling you the tip is hot so I forget to unplug it or nearly burn myself on it. The little red toggle switch of the two port surge protector solved this for me and now I have no plugging or unplugging.

Oh I have a Hakko 808 BTW but it needs a bit of repair as the previous owner didnt take very good care of it.

Then you might want to look into a UPS so the dont get damaged from things other than surges.

I just save everything i think is useful. Last year though this exceeded the amount im willing to save so im trying to whittle down my "collection".

I will look into it more when pay day arrives becasue I have a fair few that'd I'd need to replace and I just brought a 770.

*sigh* I officially take too many pictures.

Pictures <3 but HDD hate them

I will look into it more when pay day arrives becasue I have a fair few that'd I'd need to replace and I just brought a 770.

Pictures <3 but HDD hate them

Well a ups is a better backup. If you do get one make sure you get one that uses "pure sine wave" not modified otherwise a good amount of PC hardware can have issues with it.

Not HDD hate I have plenty of space for that and even upgraded my photobucket account for the next year. That was more for the unlimited bandwidth rather than the storage. What's annoying is having to go through them all and cooshing the ones that are best and the ones I want to use. Plus the fact of just the sheer number of things I've taken pictures of, which is why there are so many updates.

Well a ups is a better backup. If you do get one make sure you get one that uses "pure sine wave" not modified otherwise a good amount of PC hardware can have issues with it.

Not HDD hate I have plenty of space for that and even upgraded my photobucket account for the next year. That was more for the unlimited bandwidth rather than the storage. What's annoying is having to go through them all and cooshing the ones that are best and the ones I want to use. Plus the fact of just the sheer number of things I've taken pictures of, which is why there are so many updates.

@Toxiclegend you quote was derp so it derped my quote.

ya i think you said that before...

ya i think you said that before...

Read above post. Tapatalk didn't like it.

Read above post. Tapatalk didn't like it.

Its still displaying weird. I'll see if I can upload a screenshot when I'm back from work.

Its still displaying weird. I'll see if I can upload a screenshot when I'm back from work.

i see nothing wrong other then you quoting yourself

Well I'll show you

what Tapatalk shows me.

I see that its was sent to the forum fine and shows up in a web browser fine but this is how it looked in tapatalk:

Screenshot_2014-06-26-17-52-30.png

I see that its was sent to the forum fine and shows up in a web browser fine but this is how it looked in tapatalk:

Nice. Phones+forum=Bad

z4LE1Gv.png

Set-Update #054: My new baby needed some ice. | 2013.11.22

This update as well as successive ones ended up bit longer and more in depth than whats needed from a update that doesnt directly apply to the build. So I created a Sub-Log I do think that this is great info and something that everyone should do if they work in dim, dark, or no lighting. It is also not something that I have seen anyone else do on the forum and is something I consider crucial to all of my setups. Please check out Lighting It Up: Ambient Backlighting Done Right! - Sub-Update: #1 to find out more on the process I took to apply ambient backlighting to my PA279Q.

IMG_8256.jpg

IMG_8302.jpg

Remember to LinusTechTips-Followthistopic.png to receive continued updates automatically!

Nice. Phones+forum=Bad

phones + tapatalk + forum = good

Most of my general posts are done this way, many on the shitter. ;)

phones + tapatalk + forum = good

Most of my general posts are done this way, many on the shitter. ;)

I'm sure they are since you tend to end up with random word replacements lol.

Anyways does the monitor back light help with eye fatigue

I'm sure they are since you tend to end up with random word replacements lol.

Anyways does the monitor back light help with eye fatigue

Yes well if I could have a hardware keyboard that would all be fixed but it seems no one wants those anymore.

Yes yes very much so because it decreases the contrast between the monitor and background/wall. It also increases the perceived contrast of the monitor because of the same thing. I had it first on my PA246Q where it worked quite well bit then I put some on my TV and well I hate watching TV without it on now. I should have some examples later when the setup is more complete. Also if you only have one display or want to use it on a TV there is a better considerably more expensive option. Look up the Lightpack it was a kickstarter that I wanted to join so hard. One day I'll have one I swear!

The way I attached the strips this time is by far the cleanest and most efficient I have ever done. I think the electrical really helped keep it clean as well as running all of the cables together. I actually redid the ones that already had it for those reasons.

What do you think should not separate the monitor backlighting and just link to it?

Yes well if I could have a hardware keyboard that would all be fixed but it seems no one wants those anymore.

Yes yes very much so because it decreases the contrast between the monitor and background/wall. It also increases the perceived contrast of the monitor because of the same thing. I had it first on my PA246Q where it worked quite well bit then I put some on my TV and well I hate watching TV without it on now. I should have some examples later when the setup is more complete. Also if you only have one display or want to use it on a TV there is a better considerably more expensive option. Look up the Lightpack it was a kickstarter that I wanted to join so hard. One day I'll have one I swear!

The way I attached the strips this time is by far the cleanest and most efficient I have ever done. I think the electrical really helped keep it clean as well as running all of the cables together. I actually redid the ones that already had it for those reasons.

What do you think should not separate the monitor backlighting and just link to it?

Well since i went 2 generation of touch screen with slide out keyboard I will be the first to say it was never better. I would use it maybe once every few months and mainly for the arrow keys

You should know me better then to suggest buying something i could make lol

As for making it a thread and linking it I think that some people may be interested in it that wouldn't check this thread although I think it would be more of a mod then a build log and i don't know how active the mod section really is. But that would be up to you.

Well since i went 2 generation of touch screen with slide out keyboard I will be the first to say it was never better. I would use it maybe once every few months and mainly for the arrow keys

You should know me better then to suggest buying something i could make lol

As for making it a thread and linking it I think that some people may be interested in it that wouldn't check this thread although I think it would be more of a mod then a build log and i don't know how active the mod section really is. But that would be up to you.

I had a HTC merge for as long as I could till it was too slow to do anything really.

Well you can build a lightpack or could the big thing with it is the software. It will match regions of your screens color and can pull directly from directx/direct3d.

I didn't even know we had a mods section. I'll move it there and like, just having one pic here. I'll do the same for the future posts on the same topic.

I didn't even know we had a mods section. I'll move it there and like, just having one pic here. I'll do the same for the future posts on the same topic.

lol it is only one section down on the list from build logs. I only know it is there because some mod likes to move chair threads there lol

lol it is only one section down on the list from build logs. I only know it is there because some mod likes to move chair threads there lol

Lol I never knew. You have chair threads?

Lol I never knew. You have chair threads?

no i just keep seeing them moved into it and i have tried to get a few moved back out of it because people wanting to buy chairs are not trying to mod them lol

Thanks for the advice I'll look into grabbing some as soon as possible. Yeah but you gotta look at it more pictures = better build log for us and in 10 years time or whatever you'll look back and think that was fun! Pictures are always good.

@Toxiclegend you quote was derp so it derped my quote.

I break everything don't worry, I'm used to it now ;) I really shouldn't have electronics my 6 year old Dell monitor snapped off it's stand last night out of the blue =[ Was like one of the first HD versions and now I need to replace it =[ Nevermind my phone 3.5mm jack is broke because the headphones now are louder on one side. My Zboard Merc broke (said before) and my Logitech MX1000 broke the other day so no I need a new phone, I replaced my mouse with the Roccat Kone XTD and now my monitor and waiting for that RGB keyboard. Don't worry I break everything I'll probably break this forum by just posting something.

Set-Update #054: My new baby needed some ice. | 2013.11.22

I dunno if it's part of this build I'm sure it would be fine here, because build log would include everything not just the PC but the set up too. Yes it is technically a mod to the monitor but like I said if it's part of this build then I don't see why not.

Thanks for the advice I'll look into grabbing some as soon as possible. Yeah but you gotta look at it more pictures = better build log for us and in 10 years time or whatever you'll look back and think that was fun! Pictures are always good.

I break everything don't worry, I'm used to it now ;) I really shouldn't have electronics my 6 year old Dell monitor snapped off it's stand last night out of the blue =[ Was like one of the first HD versions and now I need to replace it =[ Nevermind my phone 3.5mm jack is broke because the headphones now are louder on one side. My Zboard Merc broke (said before) and my Logitech MX1000 broke the other day so no I need a new phone, I replaced my mouse with the Roccat Kone XTD and now my monitor and waiting for that RGB keyboard. Don't worry I break everything I'll probably break this forum by just posting something.

I dunno if it's part of this build I'm sure it would be fine here, because build log would include everything not just the PC but the set up too. Yes it is technically a mod to the monitor but like I said if it's part of this build then I don't see why not.

I would just get one each for your important system(s) because well their bloody expensive.

Yea I agree but I think I'm borderline too many. I really do hope some at least learns something from this build log.

Just get the monitor a vesa mount unless it doest work. Its alright the merc isn't a great keyboard. Sad to hear about the mx1000 as I believe that was logitech's first laser mouse and the precursor to the almighty MX Revolution.

If you really think your bad you might want to look at some of the earlier build logs and some future ones. There is a reason this build is going on 9 months now. There is stuff that predates this as well. I've had a rough 1.5-2 years when it comes that sort of stuff. However the good thing is that what I build for others never has an issue.

Its just big and I'll have other updates on the same topic. 21 pics is also a ton to have for 1 update.