Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

Thanks!

I actually prefer MX Blues for both typing AND gaming. (I know, weird right? lol) If I had enough switches I probably would have done a full board conversion. My sister wanted a full blue keyboard which made a rather large hole in my supply of switches. :lol:

Not weird

All my boards are either blues with different springs weight, greens or white

All clicky, use it on all occasions

Hi I am wondering if anyone knows of any really good wireless mechanical keyboard preferable cherry mx red switches, Thankyou

Hi I am wondering if anyone knows of any really good wireless mechanical keyboard preferable cherry mx red switches, Thankyou

I know filco Minila has Bluetooth connection and comes in red

Other than that you are looking at custom keyboard or with Bluetooth dongles

But filco has more Bluetooth coming soon

I know filco Minila has Bluetooth connection and comes in red

Other than that you are looking at custom keyboard or with Bluetooth dongles

But filco has more Bluetooth coming soon

I'm really hoping that Diatec makes the Convertible 2 in a TKL form factor ;)

I'm really hoping that Diatec makes the Convertible 2 in a TKL form factor ;)

Yeah me too... But I really wanna try that Gon Bluetooth

I'm in the lookout for new keyboard, a 75% that is

But that new cherry keyboard looks really good too :wub: aluminium...

I've forgotten about noppo

it's wireless and red switch :)

http://www.amazon.com/Noppoo-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard-Switches/dp/B0091QOCNA/ref=pd_cp_pc_0

I'm waiting for more people to start making diy wireless keyboards on geekhack or deskthority so that I have a general guide of what I need to do when I make myself a 40%

Yeah me too... But I really wanna try that Gon Bluetooth

I'm in the lookout for new keyboard, a 75% that is

But that new cherry keyboard looks really good too :wub: aluminium...

Yeah,  I just ordered a NerD 60 PCB, 2 Hard anodized aluminum plates, stabs, ect.

I didn't get the bluetooth option because I could have problems fitting everything into regular aftermarket 60% cases (or so the website says).

He used to offer a PCB or something that would make a Majestouch  work wireless with a logitech USB receiver.  Wish I would have gotten one of those when they were still up on his site.

Yeah, I just ordered a NerD 60 PCB, 2 Hard anodized aluminum plates, stabs, ect.

I didn't get the bluetooth option because I could have problems fitting everything into regular aftermarket 60% cases (or so the website says).

He used to offer a PCB or something that would make a Majestouch work wireless with a logitech USB receiver. Wish I would have gotten one of those when they were still up on his site.

Sometimes I have a fear when ordering a hardware with software based from non English country

I've encountered countless problem with my Kmac in the past due to language barrier software

Have you seen those noppo new keyboard, the 65% one

Sometimes I have a fear when ordering a hardware with software based from non English country

I've encountered countless problem with my Kmac in the past due to language barrier software

Have you seen those noppo new keyboard, the 65% one

Yeah, I can see that. However after looking at the videos of the NerDy GUI I don't think I will have a problem with it.

Been wanting to get a grey/silver Kmac kit for a few months now, but i'm having a harder time finding one that I thought I would.

Do you mean the new noppoo Nano?  This --> http://www.banggood.com/Noppoo-Nano75-s-60-Cherry-MX-Red-Switch-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard-p-966287.html

The original KMAC:

92mVWy5.jpg

Sorry for the lousy pic from a lousy phone camera. 

Nice :)

The original KMAC:

Sorry for the lousy pic from a lousy phone camera. 

That is one nice board, color of switch?

Yeah, I can see that. However after looking at the videos of the NerDy GUI I don't think I will have a problem with it.

Been wanting to get a grey/silver Kmac kit for a few months now, but i'm having a harder time finding one that I thought I would.

Do you mean the new noppoo Nano?  This --> http://www.banggood.com/Noppoo-Nano75-s-60-Cherry-MX-Red-Switch-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard-p-966287.html

Nice :)

Yeah that's the one

That's a nice layout, I'm not sure hows the quality of Noppo since I've never encountered one

Hello guys. Long time no see! Few updates I have for you guys (if you guys care at all). So in november I sold my Ducky YOTS. For 3 months I used a HP membrane. Boy, I don't even know what to say! A few days ago, DanG was selling off his collection. I spotted the Duck Poker (Even though I wanted a Duck Eagle). Instantly bought with all my savings and boom! Only issues were the right stab of the spacebar not working and the white switch on the space bar which feels a bit too hard even for meh jacked fingers. Never soldered before but I may wing it when I get the chance. GLHF.

Duck Poker with Cherry caps :D! Can you see anything wrong?

FrX4w5b.jpg

Soon after putting the base set and the mods/alphas one by one, I realized that the cherry set was WKL! It had 1.5 mods on the left side and right side and a 7.0 spacebar! Crap! Now I'm in need of 60% sets. Really want a Olivetti, Raindrop, or penumbra! Typing has been super weird but I gotten used to the mech feels and the wacky cap layout.

I also got a Bro thanks to Bro, hoping I get another one tomorrow ;p

Also, does anyone know the differences between a Duck Poker and a Duck Eagle? 

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

Hello guys. Long time no see! Few updates I have for you guys (if you guys care at all). So in november I sold my Ducky YOTS. For 3 months I used a HP membrane. Boy, I don't even know what to say! A few days ago, DanG was selling off his collection. I spotted the Duck Poker (Even though I wanted a Duck Eagle). Instantly bought with all my savings and boom! Only issues were the right stab of the spacebar not working and the white switch on the space bar which feels a bit too hard even for meh jacked fingers. Never soldered before but I may wing it when I get the chance. GLHF.

Duck Poker with Cherry caps :D! Can you see anything wrong?

Soon after putting the base set and the mods/alphas one by one, I realized that the cherry set was WKL! It had 1.5 mods on the left side and right side and a 7.0 spacebar! Crap! Now I'm in need of 60% sets. Really want a Olivetti, Raindrop, or penumbra! Typing has been super weird but I gotten used to the mech feels and the wacky cap layout.

I also got a Bro thanks to Bro, hoping I get another one tomorrow ;p

Also, does anyone know the differences between a Duck Poker and a Duck Eagle? 

I'm pretty sure that duck poker is an old version of keyboard from Duck, that carries the older pcb as well

the Eagle is the most recent one and carry new pcb + software

Good looking keyboard, but I must say not being a jerk or anything

but that Dang sale is kinda a rip off from my POV

yes it's authentic, custom and rare. But you can get much more nowadays for example from GON

I'm pretty sure that duck poker is an old version of keyboard from Duck, that carries the older pcb as well

the Eagle is the most recent one and carry new pcb + software

Good looking keyboard, but I must say not being a jerk or anything

but that Dang sale is kinda a rip off from my POV

yes it's authentic, custom and rare. But you can get much more nowadays for example from GON

I thought the poker and the KMAC were fair prices actually, everything else not so much. I saw KMACs for around $400 assembled a while ago when they were more common.

I respect your thoughts and agree. But personally, the GONs I'm looking at fully assembled to my liking is hundreds more than the Poker. Base $ for a TKL is 475 and if I were to build it myself I'd have to read up on some guides, pay shipping for each individual part (not to mention shipping from asia is much more), solder parts, and time. I don't have much time to build (which I still want to try soon) a keyboard and this was the best option. If I were to buy from him, I'd have to wait a couple months because he has been backed up and delayed for a while.

Last option would be to send it to a GH member to assemble it for free, but it'd probably also be backed up and I'd have to have everything shipped to him etc.

This was the best option for me and I don't mind, as I wanted an eagle or modded poker and didn't need that case with optional LEDs. If I were to have a fully assembled eagle it'd cost almost as much.

Sorry the long post, wanted to share my thoughts.

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

I thought the poker and the KMAC were fair prices actually, everything else not so much. I saw KMACs for around $400 assembled a while ago when they were more common.

I respect your thoughts and agree. But personally, the GONs I'm looking at fully assembled to my liking is hundreds more than the Poker. Base $ for a TKL is 475 and if I were to build it myself I'd have to read up on some guides, pay shipping for each individual part (not to mention shipping from asia is much more), solder parts, and time. I don't have much time to build (which I still want to try soon) a keyboard and this was the best option. If I were to buy from him, I'd have to wait a couple months because he has been backed up and delayed for a while.

Last option would be to send it to a GH member to assemble it for free, but it'd probably also be backed up and I'd have to have everything shipped to him etc.

This was the best option for me and I don't mind, as I wanted an eagle or modded poker and didn't need that case with optional LEDs. If I were to have a fully assembled eagle it'd cost almost as much.

Sorry the long post, wanted to share my thoughts.

No worries, I still think that duck poker is a beautiful board

I should've known you earlier, I sold my GON 38GT a month ago for a lot less than what you spend :(

That if you were into 60%, cos I really have no feeling for 60%

but I really wanna try 75%

No worries, I still think that duck poker is a beautiful board

I should've known you earlier, I sold my GON 38GT a month ago for a lot less than what you spend :(

That if you were into 60%, cos I really have no feeling for 60%

but I really wanna try 75%

O.o I switched from TK to 60%. Oh well :/

I just been busy and haven't gone on LTT. I actually use LTT for the tech new and reviews, gets sent to my email and I kinda check it out like a newspaper. Also, reddit. I've been on reddit pretty much 24/7.

Personally I realized that I actually use the TKL keys, like home, end, etc. I also surprisingly use the arrow keys also. Kinda want a TKL.

Using Sharpkeys, I remapped a few keys. Later I realized that alt + number row was the function row LOL. I totally forgot about the layers and the alt function use. I also ended up remapping the bottom keys to the right of the spacebar to the arrow keys.

Did you enter the bro sale?

O.o I switched from TK to 60%. Oh well :/

I just been busy and haven't gone on LTT. I actually use LTT for the tech new and reviews, gets sent to my email and I kinda check it out like a newspaper. Also, reddit. I've been on reddit pretty much 24/7.

Personally I realized that I actually use the TKL keys, like home, end, etc. I also surprisingly use the arrow keys also. Kinda want a TKL.

Using Sharpkeys, I remapped a few keys. Later I realized that alt + number row was the function row LOL. I totally forgot about the layers and the alt function use. I also ended up remapping the bottom keys to the right of the spacebar to the arrow keys.

Did you enter the bro sale?

I did though and put most option on the buckling spring .I've spent quite a bit on keybords than I should've or committed this year

Oh dear....

Entered clack sale three times as well but no luck, have you?

I did though and put most option on the buckling spring .I've spent quite a bit on keybords than I should've or committed this year

Oh dear....

Entered clack sale three times as well but no luck, have you?

Nothing :( I didn't get any notification this past hour, another missed raffle.

How the heck so people get so lucky? I've seen multiple people win multiple sales, quite the luck.

Prepare for my semi-angry rant.

Have seen the ragnorak sale right? After I read the rules I instantly laughed and knew that was probably the stupidest idea ever, no offense to clack. Geekhack notifications are days late for thread replies (I just got the email notification about the bros listed in the sales LOL) so the instant notification/email ends up being days or hours late. The first reply is usually 15 seconds after clack opens it and I'm not spending my life there to get a clack. I mean, yea, it's a neat new idea instead of the raffle (which personally is the best and most fair way for people to win) but it's just plain silly.

Bro on the other hand at least did a christmas giveaway that favored those without keycaps (hence how I got my first bro) and has had tons of chances to get his caps.

/rant

Okay, I'm done haha. Not mad at clack, by the idea is just plain stupid. New, but stupid. Part 2.

Regarding trying to get caps other than raffles or giveaways, it's impossible to buy it on the market. If they trade it, they're trying to get other bros or clacks. How are we gonna get them in the first place? No one wants to get gasmasks from trading away their bro. I see that all the time and think, who in the world will trade a gasmask for a bro? Not saying Martin's designs are ugly, but theyre much more available and easier to get via his sales. They look nice, but there's much more quantity.

Let me end this with that I obviously know why and its market. Capitolism. Supply and demand. Plain and simple. I don't blame them as Adam Smith is a genius for describing that. It's obvious but it sometimes is a bit annoying, ya know?

/rant part 2

Nothing :( I didn't get any notification this past hour, another missed raffle.

How the heck so people get so lucky? I've seen multiple people win multiple sales, quite the luck.

Prepare for my semi-angry rant.

Have seen the ragnorak sale right? After I read the rules I instantly laughed and knew that was probably the stupidest idea ever, no offense to clack. Geekhack notifications are days late for thread replies (I just got the email notification about the bros listed in the sales LOL) so the instant notification/email ends up being days or hours late. The first reply is usually 15 seconds after clack opens it and I'm not spending my life there to get a clack. I mean, yea, it's a neat new idea instead of the raffle (which personally is the best and most fair way for people to win) but it's just plain silly.

Bro on the other hand at least did a christmas giveaway that favored those without keycaps (hence how I got my first bro) and has had tons of chances to get his caps.

/rant

Okay, I'm done haha. Not mad at clack, by the idea is just plain stupid. New, but stupid. Part 2.

Regarding trying to get caps other than raffles or giveaways, it's impossible to buy it on the market. If they trade it, they're trying to get other bros or clacks. How are we gonna get them in the first place? No one wants to get gasmasks from trading away their bro. I see that all the time and think, who in the world will trade a gasmask for a bro? Not saying Martin's designs are ugly, but theyre much more available and easier to get via his sales. They look nice, but there's much more quantity.

Let me end this with that I obviously know why and its market. Capitolism. Supply and demand. Plain and simple. I don't blame them as Adam Smith is a genius for describing that. It's obvious but it sometimes is a bit annoying, ya know?

/rant part 2

Well trust me I'm with you with this one

I don't mind the excitement but what people has been missing over there is the basic supply and demand law

To be honest it caught me when there are angry mob over fake clack or k3kc sale. People who use the opportunity to fill the market gap is who I think are smartest though it breaks rules

It's the matter of how the original manufacturer counter back with something different or a breakthrough

But man, if I even say this over there for sure many veterans player would all be against it. My opinion to play it safe, keep the community small but again there are always scumbags (smarter people) to take in

Just saying

Well trust me I'm with you with this one

I don't mind the excitement but what people has been missing over there is the basic supply and demand law

To be honest it caught me when there are angry mob over fake clack or k3kc sale. People who use the opportunity to fill the market gap is who I think are smartest though it breaks rules

It's the matter of how the original manufacturer counter back with something different or a breakthrough

But man, if I even say this over there for sure many veterans player would all be against it. My opinion to play it safe, keep the community small but again there are always scumbags (smarter people) to take in

Just saying

Can't agree enough. The fakes are another discussion as it's quite touchy. Let's not digress over the market though.

Other than that, so you don't have any clacks or bros?

Can't agree enough. The fakes are another discussion as it's quite touchy. Let's not digress over the market though.

Other than that, so you don't have any clacks or bros?

I actually own a couple of clacks and a reaper

15756838014_7e8d84d49c_b.jpg

Clack Trio by hansen_oe, on Flickr

16191874600_40a30c5498_b.jpg

Red by hansen_oe, on Flickr

and a couple of (BS) KWK caps and (ALPS) Nubinator coming soon

but I'm a big big fan of Bingecaps

I own a couple of specially made Bingecaps

Didn't have time to take good pictures of them all together but you can see some over my flickr album

Binge_zps87f73f3b.jpg

KMAC_zps3f76c4f8.jpg

Yourself? any artisan caps?

Yourself? any artisan caps?

Damn, those are beautiful! Especially that trio.

Unfortunately I discovered bingecaps right after he stopped producing his caps. Or atleast I think he stopped producing caps for the meantime. I can't find anything on the market (no surprise). I'm stuck with just a Bro pictured in my last post, nothing else. I need to find a keycap set also, because I realized the WKL cherry set doesn't fit my keyboard at all and the current layout is really wacky. The small spacebar is interesting though.

I missed KBK's new year sale (which was a few weeks ago?) and lucking out on these raffles. I would like to get a slowfi or something, also a nubbinator like the one GLITCH3D has. Can't find it but will post it later. It's really nice. Thinking about getting Martin's new black and red gasmask he posted earlier, that one's a sure keeper.

Edit: I just check up on Binge, he's having a little drawing contest. May draw him something LOL and hope for anything. He showed the Orc trooper in sea stone but I can't see it due to iPrism in school. I'll check it later.

I just received my CMStorm Cherry switch test board (the little pad with 6 different switches on it) and I've been so excite to see what all the fuss about mechanical keyboards is about.

I read somewhere (I think it was this forum or reddit) that typing on a membrane/rubber dome keyboard was like typing on mashed potatoes. I've been using these kinds of keyboards all my life and the one I currently have is plenty tactile and feels pretty good typing on it.

Wow was I ever wrong! After one minute of pressing on the different switches on that CMStorm pad, I understand exactly what that person is saying! Now messing around with those there's no way I can keep using this keyboard; I need a mechanical keyboard asap and I can't see myself looking back.

All of the switches feel amazing compared to my keyboard right now. However, I've narrowed it down to either reds, browns, or blues. I think I'm leaning toward browns the most at the moment. I love the bump when pressing it down. The reds are nice too, and I love the clicky blues, but I think the browns feel a little nicer than reds and the blues may be a little loud (especially since I'm usually up the latest at my house).

I also just need to decide on a keyboard. I'm definitely going TKL. Some sort of LED would be nice; RGB would be ideal but I'm going to be watching the price tag. I have a few in mind but I think I'm going to do some research and then sleep on it.

tl;dr

I am new to the mechanical keyboard club and I am not looking back!