Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

I've got both a Das Keyboard with ABS caps and a Poker II with thick PBT caps. I have to say I like the sound and feeling of the PBT caps more. Both with Cherry MX Blues.

Does anyone know of a place to get replacement PBT keycaps?

Best place for cheap pbt as long as your willing to wait is Massdrop. Otherwise check mechanicalkeyboards.com

Feeling around Christmas presents I can already tell you that there is a keyboard in there somewhere.

SO HAPPY

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Just got Corsair K70 (non-RGB) with Cherry MX Blue switches. It was a little expensive but it's sooo good. Worth every penny. That clicky sound, just amazing.

Just got Corsair K70 (non-RGB) with Cherry MX Blue switches. It was a little expensive but it's sooo good. Worth every penny. That clicky sound, just amazing.

Give green switch a try :D it even better

Give green switch a try :D it even better

The problem is that they are quite rare and they are (as far as I know) just heavier Blues.

The problem is that they are quite rare and they are (as far as I know) just heavier Blues.

You can get them if you look around. Just pop a black spring in a blue and you've got a green.

Been inactive, back again with a new account, also a new keyboard:

Ducky shine III, brown MX, green leds.

Never using the LED's, useless, bought it for the quality and feels:)

Also got some white blank pbt's

Glad to be back!

guys wondering where is the best place to get PBT keycap replacements for my CM Storm Trigger (full set if possible and black)?

very little places sell them in Australia.

Thanks

CD Transport: Oppo 105 > RCA: Morrow MA1 / HDMI > Processor: Primare SP33 > RCA: Morrow MA1 > Amplifier: Elektra Theatron 7 > Speaker Cables: Neotech > Speakers: Monitor Audio RS8

guys wondering where is the best place to get PBT keycap replacements for my CM Storm Trigger (full set if possible and black)?

Thanks

I know what you mean even fewer places sell keyboard stuff in NZ. I have bought most of my stuff from massdrop. I just ordered some of the pbt backlit keys from them. They are not the cheapest when you add shipping and they are slow but the stuff gets here and I haven't had any issues. I have received 2 drops from them, and am waiting for 3 atm.

i7 5820k, Asus X99 Pro, 16GB Muskin Blackline, EVGA GTX 980, Corsair Air 540, Samsung SM951 256GB M.2, Samsung 830 256GB, Seagate 3TB, Ducky shine 4 MX clear & brown, Logitech G700s, Asus PB278q

Got myself one of them K65 RGB keybaords, Cherry MX Red keys, they are alright but i might prefer Brown switches. Don't know yet, I have to try them all out first.

Hi all, 

I am new to the mech keyboard club, I recived a Razer BW chroma for an ealy Christmas present, after using it for about a month, i really did like it, but i also read alot about how razer is garbage and low quality, since i havent used anything else i have no comparison except not mech keyboards. I think im permanently scarred from using rubber domes ever again. Anyway i spilled coffee all over it. I unplugged and turn upside down and also had a fan blowing on it. i took at apart and cleaned it a bit with isopropyl  alcohol. I was going to let it sit for a while before using it again but was thinking this is also the perfect excuse to maybe pick up a new keyboard with cherry mx switches instead. Again, new to mech keyboards but i hear those are the best. i guess im asking if i should stick with what i have and check if it works or if i should just get a different one, and which one should i get.

Hi all, 

I am new to the mech keyboard club, I recived a Razer BW chroma for an ealy Christmas present, after using it for about a month, i really did like it, but i also read alot about how razer is garbage and low quality, since i havent used anything else i have no comparison except not mech keyboards. I think im permanently scarred from using rubber domes ever again. Anyway i spilled coffee all over it. I unplugged and turn upside down and also had a fan blowing on it. i took at apart and cleaned it a bit with isopropyl  alcohol. I was going to let it sit for a while before using it again but was thinking this is also the perfect excuse to maybe pick up a new keyboard with cherry mx switches instead. Again, new to mech keyboards but i hear those are the best. i guess im asking if i should stick with what i have and check if it works or if i should just get a different one, and which one should i get.

Before you go out and spend money on a key keyboard, at least make sure that your current one is still working. Hope it is. But if you're looking for a good keyboard, Ducky, if you're looking for something with LED back lighting and Filco, if you're wanting a clean and professional design, both make outstanding boards and for around the same price as the Razer products, I think they are a better alternative. Though, if you're wanting RGB lighting again, the Corsair keyboards are something you may want to take a look at. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Hi all, 

As SeriouslyMikey said

Make sure your Razer work, you can sell it on the market for a bit of cash and for your next keyboard purchase

and yes you won't go wrong with Ducky or Filco

I'd like to add that the Razer BW Chroma does not use the cherry switch, I haven't tried razer switch myself but they might feel a bit different to the cherry

but trust me you wont go wrong with cherry MX switch

My suggestion will always be for you to run to a store where you can try different switches of Cherry MX (red,blues,brown or even other rare switches)

and from there you can choose any trusted brands above

It is working, so at least i have something for a while, but i have been looking at those corsair ones and i kind of like those so i might try to swap it out for that in the future,

thanks for the suggestions 

Can anyone help me choose a mechanical keyboard? i am looking for an 87 key, with no backlights, with either blues or browns.

Can anyone help me choose a mechanical keyboard? i am looking for an 87 key, with no backlights, with either blues or browns.

I'd take a look at Filco's Ninja Majestouch-2 TKL, you can get it with top printed letters/signs as well.

Your profile doesn't say where you're located, so I have no idea what layout you use. No matter what you can find almost any layout at their website.

NAS build log: Gimli, a NAS build by Shaqalac.

Mechanical keyboards: Ducky Mini YotH - Ducky Mini

cm storm quickfire tk

Hi guys!

In the past couple of days I've been trying to find the mechanical keybord I need, but so far my search wasn't succesful. I really hope you can help. What I need is a keyboard with UK layout (105 keys), cherry mx red switches, that looks something like this: www.keyboardco.com/keyboard/uk-filco-majestouch-2-nkr-soft-linear-action-keyboard.asp , and has red led backlighting.

I like this simple professional look, the only thing missing from the keyboard linked above is led backlighting. The description says red leds, but I think (correct me, if I'm wrong) they mean the 3 leds above the numeric pad. Please help, I'm starting to give up hope:)

PS: Sorry for my bad English, I'm from Hungary:)

Hi guys!

In the past couple of days I've been trying to find the mechanical keybord I need, but so far my search wasn't succesful. I really hope you can help. What I need is a keyboard with UK layout (105 keys), cherry mx red switches, that looks something like this: www.keyboardco.com/keyboard/uk-filco-majestouch-2-nkr-soft-linear-action-keyboard.asp , and has red led backlighting.

I like this simple professional look, the only thing missing from the keyboard linked above is led backlighting. The description says red leds, but I think (correct me, if I'm wrong) they mean the 3 leds above the numeric pad. Please help, I'm starting to give up hope:)

PS: Sorry for my bad English, I'm from Hungary:)

Yes the Filco Majestouch / Majestouch2 only comes with lock indicator leds.    I cannot think of any boards that have the simplistic look of a Filco with red backlighting. 

Yes the Filco Majestouch / Majestouch2 only comes with lock indicator leds. I cannot think of any boards that have the simplistic look of a Filco with red backlighting.

A WASDv2 Code with swapped LEDs.

Is it just me, or are they little to no PBT keycaps available for the UK? 

The only ones I've been able to find are the Ducky ones.

Thanks

http://www.mechkb.com/vortex-double-shot-pbt-104-key-cap-set

If I lived in Australia I would have bought them a couple of weeks ago (but dat shipping and customs tho)

waiting for my Corsair k65 RGB MX RED to get here soon :)))

Cpu: Intel i7-5930k Mobo: Asus Rampage V Extreme Ram: G.skill Ripjaws 4 4x4gb 2666mhz Gpu: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming 
PSU: Evga Supernova G2 850W Storage: Samsung 850 Pro SSD 512gb Case: Phanteks P400S CPUcooler: Corsair H110 OS: Win 8.1