Which label is Proof of Purchase

poker1059

I got my Computer Case in the mail and I'm trying to get a MIR for it, but there's 3 stickers on it, none of them say Proof of purchase, so is this the proof of purchase (hopefully it is) and do i just cut out this part of the box, put it in the envelope and send it out? or is there something I'm missing

post-253789-0-16563000-1449268298.jpg

Spoiler

[CPU] - Intel Core i5-4590  

[Motherboard] - MSI B85-G43 GAMING 

[RAM] - Kingston HyperX Beast (2x4GB) 1866Mhz... CPU only supports 1600Mhz

[SSD] - A-Data SP600 128GB SSD

[HDD]- 1Tb Seagate Barracuda

[GPU] - EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC

[Case] - Corsair SPEC-03 White 

[PSU] - Rosewill 450W 80+Bronze

I got my Computer Case in the mail and I'm trying to get a MIR for it, but there's 3 stickers on it, none of them say Proof of purchase, so is this the proof of purchase (hopefully it is) and do i just cut out this part of the box, put it in the envelope and send it out? or is there something I'm missing

Your proof of purchase would be your invoice or receipt.

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

invoice or receipt

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Your proof of purchase would be your invoice or receipt.

invoice or receipt

What's that 

Spoiler

Most rebates require both an Invoice/Recieipt (either one is usually OK, read the MIR fine print), and the UPC from the box (to keep you from returning it after you get the rebate).

For "brick and mortar" stores (i.e. stores you can actually shop in), a receipt is what you receive from them when you purchase the item, just like the receipt you get with groceries.

For shipped items, an invoice is usually packed inside a shipping box or included in the shipping documents on the outside of a box, or available from the website as an electronic document that you can print out and include with the MIR (if it requires a physical representation).

If there is some other specific proof of purchase, it will usually be detailed on the MIR instructions.  But note that there are a number of businesses that don't always make it easy (or even possible) to follow their directions in order to minimize the amount of rebates they have to honor.  The major players are usually pretty good, because there would be too many complaints otherwise.

- Pete

Folding For Linus since July 2015

What's that 

staples_receipt.jpgA receipt is the whole piece of paper. You will need to take a picture of it or scan it.

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

What's that 

the thing you get from the store that says "you bought this"...........

have you never seen a receipt before or something?

ReceiptSwiss.jpg

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

the thing you get from the store that says "you bought this"...... -snip-

I bought it online, there's no psychical receipt in the box

Spoiler

buying stuff online gives you an invoice instead of a receipt

the email you get sent after paying that says "order confirmed" or whatever

an "invoice" is just a digital receipt

Spoiler

well it's in your email then

check to see if you got an email or a receipt with the package 

CPU: AMD FX-6300 @3.8 GHz     |     Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper Evo 212     |     RAM: G.Skill NS Series 4x4GB      |       Motherboard: GIGABYTE 990FXA     |     Case: Antec One     |     Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 270x HAWK    |    PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G2    |     HDD: 1 WD Black (Programs Files), 1 WD Caviar Blue (Boot)     |     KB & M: Cooler Master Storm Devastator Blue     |     Speakers: Logitech Z506     |     UPS:  CyberPower 1500w     |

Every time you use comic sans, one programmer dies.

buying stuff online gives you an invoice instead of a receipt

the email you get sent after paying that says "order confirmed" or whatever

an "invoice" is just a digital receipt

Ohhhhhh, that makes a lot more sense thanks

Spoiler

-snip-

What's the "original UPC" the rebate form says to have Proof of Purchase (store receipt) and "Original UPC"

Spoiler

What's the "original UPC" the rebate form says to have Proof of Purchase (store receipt) and "Original UPC"

i found it :)

https://www.google.ca/search?q=upc&gws_rd=cr,ssl&ei=1BdiVpOlGISQjwOX3ICACw

Spoiler

Woud that be the one I took a picture of

Spoiler

Woud that be the one I took a picture of

yes

but take a better picture so they can actually read the numbers under the barcode

Spoiler

yes

but take a better picture so they can actually read the numbers under the barcode

I was thinking just cut out that part of the box and put it in the envelope, i don't have a printer

Spoiler

I was thinking just cut out that part of the box and put it in the envelope, i don't have a printer

i guess you could do that...

but then you dont get to keep the original

Spoiler

@airdeano Do i cut out part of the box with that label

Spoiler

actually now that i think of it, maybe that is what they want? "original UPC" may mean they actually want you to send them the actual sticker...

Spoiler

actually now that i think of it, maybe that is what they want? "original UPC" may mean they actually want you to send them the actual sticker...

I think so.. I found an Instructables link for how to remove the UPC Label http://www.instructables.com/id/UPC-symbol-removal-for-your-mail-in-rebate-needs/step2/Lift-the-corner-of-the-UPC-symbol/

Spoiler