AdBlock are buying ads

Mac

Considering the millions of dollars they lost people, this is a really selfish thing for them to do.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Seriosly... why?? Please do NOT donate to this shit.

Cpu: Intel core i5 4570 gpu: gtx 770 case: cm storm enforcer psu: xfx pro 550w motherboard: asus b85m-g ssd: samsung 120gb hdd: wd caviar blue 1tb ram: kingston hyperx blu 8gb 1600mhz mouse: razer deathadder monitor: some decent samsung 19" keyboard: CM Storm TK Blue

Awww that dog <3

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

Considering the millions of dollars they lost people, this is a really selfish thing for them to do.

I'm not all for it either, I use AdBlock, but I don't think there's too much to worry about, I think they'll get some ads out there, but not enough to make that much of a difference.

Although they are actually paying for the adverting.

They say that internet without ads is a better internet, but think of all the people that would no longer have websites, or YouTube channels because they could not afford it. Ads make the internet.

CPU: RYZEN 5 2600   Motherboard: MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC   Memory: CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 16GB 3200MHZ   Storage: TEAM GROUP MP33 1TB

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW   Case: COOLER MASTER NR200P   PSU: CORSAIR SF600   Mouse: G PRO WIRELESS   Keyboard: ANNE PRO 2

They say that internet without ads is a better internet, but think of all the people that would no longer have websites, or YouTube channels because they could not afford it. Ads make the internet.

Everything will be dependent on tip jars, paid YouTube channels and money from other parts of the business. 

Agree and disagree with this. Ads are important because they help fund the internet e.g. YouTube.... but at the same time they're pretty annoying. Also if ads were to disappear it would mean we would have to pay for a lot of things that were originally free to use... e.g. YouTube.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

So they are trying to ruin the internet by making all the big sites(and small sites) by cutting their money.

Cpu: Intel core i5 4570 gpu: gtx 770 case: cm storm enforcer psu: xfx pro 550w motherboard: asus b85m-g ssd: samsung 120gb hdd: wd caviar blue 1tb ram: kingston hyperx blu 8gb 1600mhz mouse: razer deathadder monitor: some decent samsung 19" keyboard: CM Storm TK Blue

Nope. NOPENOPENOPE

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

honnestly I don't want other people to know about adblock. Because that way, there will be no more ad views, thus no more ads and websites will go bankrupt or ask you for subscriptions instead.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.

Everything will be dependent on tip jars, paid YouTube channels and money from other parts of the business. 

So now adblock is making us pay for all of our content. Still not a good idea.

CPU: RYZEN 5 2600   Motherboard: MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC   Memory: CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 16GB 3200MHZ   Storage: TEAM GROUP MP33 1TB

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW   Case: COOLER MASTER NR200P   PSU: CORSAIR SF600   Mouse: G PRO WIRELESS   Keyboard: ANNE PRO 2

I hate AdBlock I think it is one of the dumbest things to come from the Internet. It is like going round in real life and covering over all of the CBS banners. It is dumb.

XYPHER AMD FX8350 @ 4.6Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AMD RADEON HD 7970 @ 1140Mhz 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE 1600Mhz OCZ VERTEX 3 240GB SSD Corsair H100i 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4 CORSAIR K90 MADCATZ RAT 3 iiyama ProLite B2480HS 24"

I approve of adblock because adverts are annoying

So you approve of hurting the livelihood of people who make their living off advertising revenue?

been using adblock since its inception

100$

And taking money from people ever since 

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

I hate AdBlock I think it is one of the dumbest things to come from the Internet. It is like going round in real life and covering over all of the CBS banners. It is dumb.

Not as such covering them up, more like wearing a pair of glasses that turned them into white space.

Not as such covering them up, more like wearing a pair of glasses that turned them into white space.

well you know what I mean. 

XYPHER AMD FX8350 @ 4.6Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AMD RADEON HD 7970 @ 1140Mhz 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE 1600Mhz OCZ VERTEX 3 240GB SSD Corsair H100i 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4 CORSAIR K90 MADCATZ RAT 3 iiyama ProLite B2480HS 24"

So you approve of hurting the livelihood of people who make their living off advertising revenue?

And taking money from people ever since 

i enable non intrusive Ads

ad block by default enables non intrusive Ads

if i like a website a lot i enable all the ads

but if that website has a lot of annoying ads i block them and if i can donate

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Adverts aren't the future though... Crowd funding and donating is... If you really like a website or YouTube channel then you just donate to them to support them rather than having an Ad thrown in your face regardless of if you actually want to support them or not.

Like if I was to watch a video I hated I will be giving them money unintentionally, I would rather donate $10 when I can now and again than see ads.

AdBlock makes sense in websites were ads are really intrusive, where they open like 4 pop-ups and banners that cover the page. In that case it makes sense, but in websites like youtube or, IDK, LinusTechTips, you should just "roll with it". It doesn't harm me at all and if you like the content, why not?

i enable non intrusive Ads

ad block by default enables non intrusive Ads

if i like a website a lot i enable all the ads

but if that website has a lot of annoying ads i block them and if i can donate

Better :P

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

Oh btw guys, you are missing a big point here. Donations and subscriptions will never EVER work for 1 reason: the money gets out of your pocket... It may work in the US with websites that have a really big following, but it'll never work here in Portugal, and specially YouTube for that matter... The great thing about ads is that the viewer is not really giving money directly to the content producer. So people just don't care. When you block that content behind a pay wall things get nasty... In a donation environment what ends up happening is that your revenue will vanish over time! No way, just no way.

I think you mean "So ur hurting my buddies linus and slick gtfo"

I am only one person and I will not watch adverts if I have the chance.

I'm happy to like and comment on videos and be semi-active on this forum, but I will not be guilt-tripped and forced into watching boring adverts by peer pressure.