Can My PSU Run A 980ti along with My CPU

I would like to know if a Corsair 600m power supply could run a 980ti, a corsair h90 liquid cooler, and my AMD 6350? 

Nooooooo!

1. Bottleneck alert!

2. CX PSU' s are baaaaaaad! Especially in such a rig as yours.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Forget the PSU, why do you want a 980 Ti with a poor little 6350?

if you need a performance increase, up your CPU (move across to Haswell or Skylake)

I3-4150 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | 8GB KINGSTON FURY RAM | MSI Z97-G43 | HYPERX FURY 120GB SSD SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | EVGA 500W | Corsair SP120's w/ NZXT Fan Hub

Plans: I5-4690K || EVGA GS 650W | KINGSTON FURY 8GB RAM  PCPARTPICKER: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

I do think a 600w min for the 980ti I may be wrong on that but I would say get a 750w just to be safe

AMD 6350????

Forget the PSU, why do you have a 980 Ti with a poor little 6350?

This^ you'll have bottleneck like crazy, also a 980ti with a CX, that seems like a horrible idea

https://pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-power-supply-p1650gts3x here is a good psu for 40 bucks (aka cheaper than a CX600) after rebate @Alpha741

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

I would like to know if a Corsair 600m power supply could run a 980ti, a corsair h90 liquid cooler, and my AMD 6350? 

Those PSUs are not made for gaming. Those are used for basic builds.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Nooooooo!

1. Bottleneck alert!

Your comment pretty much sums up why i am not that active on the forums anymore.

1. There will definiteley be a bottleneck with the FX 6350, but why should this stop OP from buying the card? He can (and should) upgrade his Motherboard/CPU down the road.

2. CX PSU's are made for bang for the buck but they are not chinese firecrackers in a box. It will do jsut fine with a 980 Ti.

who cares...

Your comment pretty much sums up why i am not that active on the forums anymore.

1. There will definiteley be a bottleneck with the FX 6350, but why should this stop OP from buying the card? He can (and should) upgrade his Motherboard/CPU down the road.

2. CX PSU's are made for bang for the buck but they are not chinese firecrackers in a box. It will do jsut fine with a 980 Ti.

People act like if there is a bottleneck you can't use your pc.

Why would he buy crap for 50 bucks when he could buy a good one for 50 bucks? Also they have a positive resistance feedback, aka if they get hot the resistance increases causing the temperature to increase causing the resistance to increase...... do you see the problem with that, I'll admit they are not the worst but they are still bad if you need a lot of current

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

People act like if there is a bottleneck you can't use your pc.

I would not let that CX PSU anywhere near that 980 Ti. And the bottleneck can be resolved in the future, I just wanted to vent my opinion on it. 

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

AMD 6350????

This^ you'll have bottleneck like crazy, also a 980ti with a CX, that seems like a horrible idea

https://pcpartpicker.com/parts/power-supply/ here is a good psu for 40 bucks (aka cheaper than a CX600) after rebate @Alpha741

You didn't link to any particular power supply.

Sig under construction.

You didn't link to any particular power supply.

Whoops, why did it do that???

I fixed it and posted it here as well

https://pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-power-supply-p1650gts3x

Probably because you searched for one and then you linked the main page because you expected the results to be reflected in the URL but they sadly weren't?

No, I think I just copied the wrong link didn't notice

Why would he buy crap for 50 bucks when he could buy a good one for 50 bucks? Also they have a positive resistance feedback, aka if they get hot the resistance increases causing the temperature to increase causing the resistance to increase...... do you see the problem with that, I'll admit they are not the worst but they are still bad if you need a lot of current

An increasing resistance with increasing temperature is a physical law that even expensive PSUs have to obey. It's because the atoms of the metal-grid vibrate stronger at higher temepratures (entropy and temperature correlate according to the Gibbs' enthalpy) and this causes electrons to collide more likeley with the cores, restricting electron flow. At least that's the easy explanation. So as you see this is a material dependend propeerty, not PSu dependend.

The Corsair CX PSus might put out more heat since they are just 80+ Bronze, but still, they are 80+ bronze, not 80-china.

who cares...

An increasing resistance with increasing temperature is a physical law that even expensive PSUs have to obey. It's because the atoms of the metal-grid vibrate stronger at higher temepratures (entropy and temperature correlate according to the Gibbs' enthalpy) and this causes electrons to collide more likeley with the cores, restricting electron flow. At least that's the easy explanation. So as you see this is a material dependend propeerty, not PSu dependend.

The Corsair CX PSus might put out more heat since they are just 80+ Bronze, but still, they are 80+ bronze, not 80-china.

Don't try to talk over my head with electronics or physics that won't work (i'm aware of the properties of resistance), what I meant is that once it gets hot your screwed as it's heat tolerance is terrible, thus causing the feedback loop, aka a good psu will not experience this issue to the degree a cx will, due to CXs having very thin of wires thus not allowing for good current flow.

In short don't recommend CX as they are not the worst but there are better options for around the same price

Don't try to talk over my head with electronics or physics that won't work (i'm aware of the properties of resistance), what I meant is that once it gets hot your screwed as it's heat tolerance is terrible, thus causing the feedback loop, aka a good psu will not experience this issue to the degree a cx will, due to CXs having very thin of wires thus not allowing for good current flow.

In short don't recommend CX as they are not the worst but there are better options for around the same price

I would never recommend CX PSUs myself, because there are truly better options on the market for the price, but OP already has the PSU. It would be an unnecessary investment for him to change PSUs, just because its not the ideal one.

who cares...

I would never recommend CX PSUs myself, because there are truly better options on the market for the price, but OP already has the PSU. It would be an unnecessary investment for him to change PSUs, just because its not the ideal one.

He never said he had it yet, and I didn't assume he did, would it work yes, would it be a good idea to do forever no.

While he can buy the 980ti he won't experience really any gains from actually having it in his system as long as he currently has around a ~380 / 960. Now if he has the budget to upgrade his CPU / Motherboard in the near future then by all means pull the trigger on the 980ti and just deal with no real performance gain if he has one of the above mentioned graphics cards for a bit.

However if he is just looking to upgrade his PC and that is a long term budget of not being able to upgrade for a year or more again after this. Then I would strongly recommend a new CPU + GPU if he has the left over budget for a new GPU. Because this will lead to much more tangible performance increases from his PC that he can live with until his next upgrade much later down the road. 

it really depends on how often the OP is looking to upgrade / spend money on his PC and what kind of performance gains he is looking for from this upgrade. (along with what the rest of his current system specs are). 

CPU i7 4770k (4.5ghz OC) | CPU Cooler Swiftech H220-x | GPU 980ti G1 Gaming (1562 mhz) | Mobo EVGA z87 Stinger | RAM 16gb Kingston HyperX Beast 1866mhz | PSU EVGA 850w B-2 | Storage Seagate 2tb hdd 7200rpm(main storage) & Samsung 840 EVO 250gb (boot drive) | Case Corsair 250D

Nooooooo!

1. Bottleneck alert!

Those PSUs are not made for gaming. Those are used for basic builds.

cx will work, 600w is enough, but it's far from a good PSU for you build

Okay, for the people bashing on Corsair, saying their CX600M is shjt, can you please provide a SOURCE for your claims?

Because I actually went looking for a review, and what I found tells me the CX600M has excellent numbers. Ignoring the price (and competitor offerings), this is FAR from being bad. Might not be the best PSU ever, but it is still a very solid one.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

Okay, for the people bashing on Corsair, saying their CX600M is shjt, can you please provide a SOURCE for your claims?

Because I actually went looking for a review, and what I found tells me the CX600M has excellent numbers. Ignoring the price (and competitor offerings), this is FAR from being bad. Might not be the best PSU ever, but it is still a very solid one.

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1950198/corsair-cx600-psu-blew-months.html

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2262385/corsair-series-bad.html

http://hardforum.com/archive/index.php/t-1804288.html

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/754271-PSU-keeps-blowing

https://pcpartpicker.com/forums/topic/36177-is-the-cx430m-a-good-power-supply-for-budget-pc

Want more?

1. A guys says it's bad, so ti must be, right? No testing needed, if it says "it's bad", then IT IS, PERIOD.
  2. Didn't even bother, same as above.
  3. Didn't even bother, same as above (again).
  4. Didn't even bother, same as above [again (one more time)].
  5. ....

Are you stupid? Provide TESTS, not just people saying it is bad or not.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

I can't handle heat caused by high current use, which will occur if a 980ti is running a game. The other numbers are fine, minus the build quality.

"CWT really had an off day on this one, didn't they? The whole point for soldering comes off today, for some dreadful work to a level I don't usually see from them. Another point comes off for that big flake of whatever the heck it was on the PCB. Another point for sleeve bearings in the fan. Half a point comes off for second tier capacitors. Finally, half a point for the damaged wires. 6."

Jonnyguru

Keep in mind this was on the 750W variant, the heat issue is present on all of them, the only non crap one is the 850W but that one never comes up due to it's price being crap

I can't handle heat caused by high current use, which will occur if a 980ti is running a game. The other numbers are fine, minus the build quality.

"CWT really had an off day on this one, didn't they? The whole point for soldering comes off today, for some dreadful work to a level I don't usually see from them. Another point comes off for that big flake of whatever the heck it was on the PCB. Another point for sleeve bearings in the fan. Half a point comes off for second tier capacitors. Finally, half a point for the damaged wires. 6."

Jonnyguru

Keep in mind this was on the 750W variant, the heat issue is present on all of them, the only non crap one is the 850W but that one never comes up due to it's price being crap

I'm not talking about the 750w version. I'm talking about the CX600m specifically.

Just because the series is the same, doesn't mean the quality matches (ex: Gtx 970-980 Vram).