Microsoft Investor's want to sell off XBox Division and get rid of Ballmer

kuddlesworth9419

http://www.eteknix.com/microsoft-investor-wants-to-fire-ballmer-and-sell-xbox-division/

I thought this was quite interesting. It is probably in retaliation for Ballmer screwing up Windows 8, they still haven't gotten enough traction and the W8 RT tablets are a complete failure. The XBox One however will probably be very successful but because of the problems Microsoft probably doesn't want to take anymore risks. As the ones that where made with Windows 8 and XBox One where a failure and resulted in reversals on both W8 and XBox One. What are your thoughts? Is it a good idea? My impression is well they should have gotten rid of Ballmer ages ago but they should keep the XBox division but just give it someone who knows what they are doing.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Oh I dunno...

First, I wouldn't consider Windows 8 a screw-up... but RT tablets are a total screw-up. I mean, who wants Windows tablets when you can have more powerful and productive tablets on the market?

Second, Ballmer was fine on the first-gen XBox and XBox 360... however, their changes on the XBox One was too abrupt. For example, their policy on DRM was reversed after a few days of announcement not because of the whining Xbox fans, but because of the heat between Sony's PS4 and their XBox One (according to a news article I read once)... It seems like they were forced to change it because they knew that if the DRM policy on the One keeps active at launch, people would want to buy a more open console rather than theirs.

Third, It depends if they fire Ballmer or not. However, I will look forward to the changs Microsoft will make to match their competitors...

Sounds like investors want a quick cash grab. I would like Bill Gates back though.

Having Bill back would be great for Microsoft probably. They would go back to what made WIndows so great in a heartbeat. I would think Bill gates would completely transform Microsoft into solely a software company once again. It would be really nice if this happened but it's a pipe dream. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

This is the stupidest thing I ever heard (the article).

1- XBox division is huge income from Microsoft. It saved Microsoft butt several times in being able to reach projected goals.

2- The problem with Bill Gates, is that he is a visionary, which is good.... but also bad. Remember Vista? An OS that was too ahead of it's time for the average consumer. Heck even many gamers didn't have the computational power to run Vista properly. You needed some serious power.. which we got 3 years later at the same time as Windows 7. Same story with XP. XP needed some serious power to run. While it's amazing in the sense that it forces company to innovate fast, and drop prices significantly to reach mainstream market, and pushed technology forward. Already people have heart attacks when Microsoft changes the default background. Personally I don't mind... but based on Vista sales and Zune sales, people will hate Bill Gates.

P.S: For those that complain on Windows 8, Metro UI started with the Zune, under Bill Gates watch, same for Windows Phone 7. Tablets was something that Bill Gates pushed since XP was released.

b5161__30yr_tabletpc-100025854-large.jpg

If you think that Windows 8 would be any different... it would have not been.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

Why? The guy's a great CE--

Oh.

Was he trying to be like Apple. With that music and the screaming seems like something Steve Jobs would think up of. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

Looks like Microsoft is pulling a Cisco. Selling off their profitable division. I bet Linus will talk about this in today's WAN show. "Business is business". 

Personal Computer Rig - Asus M5A99X Evo | AMD FX-8120 @ 4.0GHZ | 8GB Corsair Vengeance | 500GB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Geforce GTX 480 | Corsair TX-750W | Zalman Z9 Plus

Was he trying to be like Apple. With that music and the screaming seems like something Steve Jobs would think up of. 

Oh, there's more...