X99 or new card?

Overkilled

So I've already got one HOF and I was just browsing through overclockers and to my amazement it came back into stock for the first time in 5 months or so (the irony) and I was thinking about selling my Xbox anyway (Xbox one and 360)

Option 1 https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-009-GX

Option 2

Buy a used 5820k a refurb mobo and ram

£350-£400?

I've already got a 4690k and I don't do anu rendering

P.S if I chose option one ill have two 970s in SLI (already have one)

You already got a 4690k, so why do you want to upgrade?
You wont really gain annything noticable in terms of gaming with a 5820k.

If you do need some more gpu horsepower another 970 would make sense (assuming you play @1440p at least).

Get the HOF or sell it and get a better single card (better option). You don't seem to do anything that would benefit using X99.

You already got a 4690k, so why do you want to upgrade?

You wont really gain annything noticable in terms of gaming with a 5820k.

A 5820k would crush a 4690k running at the same clock speed on benchmarks

So I've already got one HOF and I was just browsing through overclockers and to my amazement it came back into stock for the first time in 5 months or so (the irony) and I was thinking about selling my Xbox anyway (Xbox one and 360)

Option 1 https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-009-GX

Option 2

Buy a used 5820k a refurb mobo and ram

£350-£400?

I've already got a 4690k and I don't do anu rendering

If its just for gaming then dont waste your money, just get another HOF 

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

So do you have £400 in total ? Or £400 plus whatever you get for the consoles ?

For gaming it won't make much difference. The only time the 5820K would be noticeably better would be for cpu intensive games.

for gaming? no. 

not for 99% of games.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

@Overkilled

Since you are not doing any CPU intensive tasks (and don't plan to?), then sticking with the 4690k and getting the extra graphics card is the better choice. You could even think about selling your current graphics card to get a single, more powerful one instead. Since that is always preferable over SLI/X-fire.

The only times you would see an improvement with getting 5820k over your current setup would be if you were heavily stressing all of the threads. In other words, if you were working with heavier workloads. Any kind of audio/video edition, streaming, and that kind of stuff.

You will gain a far greater improvement by spending £300 on a new graphics card, than spending it on a new CPU/Mobo. But as I said before, the best experience will always be with a single high-end card if you can get away with it.

No. For gaming you could get away even with 3570k. Heck, some people still play on 2500. Invest this money in some over the top hardcore gpu. HT sucks pee pee in games because it's useless.

So do you have £400 in total ? Or £400 plus whatever you get for the consoles ?

Total

@Overkilled

Since you are not doing any CPU intensive tasks (and don't plan to?), then sticking with the 4690k and getting the extra graphics card is the better choice. You could even think about selling your current graphics card to get a single, more powerful one instead. Since that is always preferable over SLI/X-fire.

The only times you would see an improvement with getting 5820k over your current setup would be if you were heavily stressing all of the threads. In other words, if you were working with heavier workloads. Any kind of audio/video edition, streaming, and that kind of stuff.

You will gain a far greater improvement by spending £300 on a new graphics card, than spending it on a new CPU/Mobo. But as I said before, the best experience will always be with a single high-end card if you can get away with it.

I think I've got the upgrade bug technically I don't even need to upgrade but SLI HoF's look so sexy

post-196573-0-62520700-1444779070_thumb.