Nintendo's new president

SPG

tatsumi-kimishima-portrait_150.0.jpg

http://kotaku.com/nintendos-new-president-has-been-named-1730475135

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/09/tatsumi_kimishima_named_as_new_nintendo_president
http://www.polygon.com/2015/9/14/9321937/nintendo-president-tatsumi-kimishima-satoru-iwata-successor

It’s not Mario creator Shigeru Miyamoto. It’s not Wii mastermind Genyo Takeda. It’s the company’s former Managing Director and current Nintendo Human Resources head tatsumi Kimishima. Nintendo made the announcement today in Japan. The company’s previous president, Satoru Iwata, passed away earlier this year. Kimishima was Nintendo of America’s president from 2002 to 2006 and succeeded by Reggie Fils-Aime. Prior to that, he worked at Sanwa Bank in Japan for nearly three decades. He was also the Chief Financial Officer of the Pokemon Company and later, the president of the company’s US arm. The official statement lists Nintendo exec Shigeru Miyamoto as a “Creative Fellow,” while fellow exec Genyo Takeda is a “Technology Fellow.” Both remain senior managing directors as well as representative directors at the company. Starting September 16, Kimishima’s role as Nintendo Co. Ltd.’s representative director is effective.

Personally I think this is a great thing, people wanted someone younger and "more with the times" for nintendo, but I think this guy is perfect being how he's lived in the west for quite some time. He's been in charge of the NoA division for 4 years. I'm seeing a lot of people freak out about this because he's all about business, but I think it's what the company needs to finally get their heads out of their asses. I hope his first role is doing a 180 on youtube (Doubtful on that though)

Edit provided by @Daring

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendos-new-president-warned-wii-u-was-too-simil/1100-6430584/

According to the exec, Iwata did not provide any instructions on how to run the company in his absence. He also revealed he has been elected to the position for one year, and is unsure about what will happen beyond this period.

Nothing will change. If anything, they will get stricter on their handling of cases. He may not be some super old fogie, but he's far from the modern CEO that nintendo needs. They're trapped in their own idiotic and endless cycle of rehashing and recycling fan favorites, banking almost every penny on the returning customer, or the appeal to young children. This is a business model that is bound to fail, and only shows so in the way that they have declined in the last 5 years. 

Good luck nintendo, you're going to fucking need it.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Oh boy. 

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

Is this the same HR guy that is super anal about user's creating Nintendo content?

I dont think it was ever mentioned who was super anal about it...thought I could be wrong

I dont think it was ever mentioned who was super anal about it...thought I could be wrong

My mistake. I read HR as PR. 

Doesn't change the fact that Nintendo is a shitty company overall.

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

Looks like a Yakuza guy

On a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam

Here is a picture of him, if you want to add it on the article:

-snip

Source: http://www.polygon.com/2015/9/14/9321937/nintendo-president-tatsumi-kimishima-satoru-iwata-successor

Based on that, I think we can expect more of the insane, eccentric Nintendo.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Based on that, I think we can expect more of the insane, eccentric Nintendo.

I think it all comes down to if he sees Nintendo as a video game company or toy company.

Iwata, despite being a game developer and gamer, still saw Nintendo as a toy company.

To be more clear, I don't mean the amiboos and stuff like that. I mean the decision making stuff like for example:

"We don't really keep in mind third party developers. If they want to join in, they are welcomed. But, lets just design a console just for us, for the ideas we have of games, and not others, and the console needs to be low cost, profitable for us", type of view. Like designing a toy and planning it's accessories and stuff. Which is fine in itself. It is their choice. And their product is fine and fun. But in reaching mass sales, and be seen in many consumer eyes as a gaming console of consideration, including the media, than they need.= to see themselves as a video game company, I think.

I think it all comes down to if he sees Nintendo as a video game company or toy company.

Iwata, despite being a game developer and gamer, still saw Nintendo as a toy company.

To be more clear, I don't mean the amiboos and stuff like that. I mean the decision making stuff like for example:

"We don't really keep in mind third party developers. If they want to join in, they are welcomed. But, lets just design a console just for us, for the ideas we have of games, and not others, and the console needs to be low cost, profitable for us", type of view. Like designing a toy and planning it's accessories and stuff. Which is fine in itself. It is their choice. And their product is fine and fun. But in reaching mass sales, and be seen in many consumer eyes as a gaming console of consideration, including the media, than they need.= to see themselves as a video game company, I think.

I'm still waiting for one of the companies to design and market a "modular" console. Essentially a gaming PC, with pre-approved hardware and different tiers of "upgrades". Just made simple so that the console gamers won't have that complaint of "I don't have time to learn how to setup a PC". etc etc.

I think they just need to actually TRY to compete. I still argue that if they started doing PC stuff, they would smash MS and Sony in sales. They need to just give Legend of Zelda to Bethesda, and say "go nuts, ratings be damned".

<- old nintendo fanboy. Got mad when Legend of Zelda went from what I saw as a "darker" more "adult" Ocarina of Time, to......freaking MM and WindWaker.

Nothing will change. If anything, they will get stricter on their handling of cases. He may not be some super old fogie, but he's far from the modern CEO that nintendo needs. They're trapped in their own idiotic and endless cycle of rehashing and recycling fan favorites, banking almost every penny on the returning customer, or the appeal to young children. This is a business model that is bound to fail, and only shows so in the way that they have declined in the last 5 years. 

Good luck nintendo, you're going to fucking need it.

^ dumb comment. 

I'm still waiting for one of the companies to design and market a "modular" console. Essentially a gaming PC, with pre-approved hardware and different tiers of "upgrades". Just made simple so that the console gamers won't have that complaint of "I don't have time to learn how to setup a PC". etc etc.

I think they just need to actually TRY to compete. I still argue that if they started doing PC stuff, they would smash MS and Sony in sales. They need to just give Legend of Zelda to Bethesda, and say "go nuts, ratings be damned".

<- old nintendo fanboy. Got mad when Legend of Zelda went from what I saw as a "darker" more "adult" Ocarina of Time, to......freaking MM and WindWaker.

Nintendo is worth more than Sony. 

^ dumb comment. 

Nintendo is worth more than Sony. 

Good?

I just want to play a Legend of Zelda that was made to look "realistic" instead of looking like something that a 7 year old savant made whilst tripping on LSD

While on paper it is all nice and neat, and back in the old old days, a manufacture even tried GPUs with laptop like RAM modules system on them, it always results in failing due to the super high cost. People here complain about Alienware prices. Well if a company does this, they need to pay the certification process, the enclosure, the R&D of the modular system for that part, the marketing, etc. The result is that the hardware will cost a lot than on the PC side, and probably, the company would sell it at cost. You need some level of profitability, and now you are probably passing Alienware prices.

And that is aside from all the complication increase from developers developing games on the platform, the consumer needs to break their head for the hardware modules, the promises of developers to make sure the old games works with the new hardware (good luck with that, especially if they used workarounds of hardware bugs), etc.

PC were always the better choice in gaming since day 1. It could do things that game console could not. But it always worked for console. What many PC gamers needs to get, is that people are willing to pay the premium price on everything to have just a working system. 1 to get, 1 to worry about, no research needed at all, you just plugged it in, and ready to go. Sure you have pre-build system that does that... but everyone here bashes them... soo.....

While on paper it is all nice and neat, and back in the old old days, a manufacture even tried GPUs with laptop like RAM modules system on them, it always results in failing due to the super high cost. People here complain about Alienware prices. Well if a company does this, they need to pay the certification process, the enclosure, the R&D of the modular system for that part, the marketing, etc. The result is that the hardware will cost a lot than on the PC side, and probably, the company would sell it at cost. You need some level of profitability, and now you are probably passing Alienware prices.

And that is aside from all the complication increase from developers developing games on the platform, the consumer needs to break their head for the hardware modules, the promises of developers to make sure the old games works with the new hardware (good luck with that, especially if they used workarounds of hardware bugs), etc.

PC were always the better choice in gaming since day 1. It could do things that game console could not. But it always worked for console. What many PC gamers needs to get, is that people are willing to pay the premium price on everything to have just a working system. 1 to get, 1 to worry about, no research needed at all, you just plugged it in, and ready to go. Sure you have pre-build system that does that... but everyone here bashes them... soo.....

I guess.

I just want Legend of Zelda made with the graphical quality of something like modded Skyrim, is that so much to ask?  :ph34r:

Good?

I just want to play a Legend of Zelda that was made to look "realistic" instead of looking like something that a 7 year old savant made whilst tripping on LSD

I... I'm interested in this child lsd fueled fever dream... 

They need to just give Legend of Zelda to Bethesda, and say "go nuts, ratings be damned".

that would destroy them, not make them better. I'm not meaning to give away the IP, I mean to make ratings go out the window, if one thing never changes I want it to be their quality control on their games because its lacking recently (with witcher 3 and metal gear being recent exceptions)

I... I'm interested in this child lsd fueled fever dream... 

Just play.......just about anything they've made for the Wii. Or any Legend of Zelda game after Ocarina of Time.

that would destroy them, not make them better. I'm not meaning to give away the IP, I mean to make ratings go out the window, if one thing never changes I want it to be their quality control on their games because its lacking recently (with witcher 3 and metal gear being recent exceptions)

I meant "content rating". As in "rated E for Everyone" etc.

Just play.......just about anything they've made for the Wii. Or any Legend of Zelda game after Ocarina of Time.

I meant "content rating". As in "rated E for Everyone" etc.

well, for zelda there isnt a reason to go anything above t, but im sure as hell positive something as basic as blood splatter that isnt green will shoot the rating up to m >.>

also, twilight princess would like to have a word with you

well, for zelda there isnt a reason to go anything above t, but im sure as hell positive something as basic as blood splatter that isnt green will shoot the rating up to m >.>

Haven't played it. Seen a bit of it, but haven't played it. Don't like the motion control gimmick because it never works properly for me, at least it hasn't when I've played any Wii game.

Haven't played it. Seen a bit of it, but haven't played it. Don't like the motion control gimmick because it never works properly for me, at least it hasn't when I've played any Wii game.

its also a gamecube game lol

its also a gamecube game lol

.......when did this happen? WHY WAS I NOT TOLD?!

Damnit, now I've got to go and buy a GameCube. wish my old one hadn't died back in the day.

Ocarina of Time originally had red blood and was rated E the first time around. Later revisions censored the blood, though.