PG279Q to be released mid October and PG348Q early next year

Rampiks

I read on the FB page of ROG Nordic the PG348Q will be available early next year, in the comments someone asked about the date for the PG279Q which they replied to with mid October

fRLWrqH.png

MWhe0Zf.png

CPU - i5 4690K @ 4.5Ghz l CPU Cooler - Nepton 240m l GPU - MSI GTX970 gaming 4g 2-way SLI l SLI Bridge - MSI Gaming 2-way L Pro l Mobo - MSI Z97-G45 Gaming l RAM - 2x8GB Vengeance Pro 2133mhz DDR3 l PSU - Corsair HX750i l SSD - 2x Samsung 840 Evo 250GB in raid 0 | HDD - WD Black 2TB | Case - NZXT H440 Red/Black l OS - Windows 10 l Mouse Logitech G502 l MousePad - XTRFY NiP lightning l KeyBoard - Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB (Red) | Headset - Asus ROG Spitfire | Monitor - Asus PG279Q - VG248QE l PCPP - http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sxTpsY | Please don't buy CX PSU for a high end PC

Fingers crossed for VESA mounting options.

Azure Fists - "Grown men playing with each other since 2009"

Spoiler
Spoiler

CPU : Intel® Core™ i5-4590T, OS : Windows 10 64bit + Custom Alienware Console Interface, GPU : NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 860M 2GB GDDR5, RAM : 8GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600MHz, SSD : Kingston V300 240GB, WIFI : Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 2x2 + Bluetooth 4.0, CASE : Alienware Alpha, PSU : External Power Brick, MOBO : Custom Dell Motherboard.

Spoiler

CPU : i5 6600, Mobo : Asus Z97i-Plus, RAM : 16GB DDR4 3000mhz Corsair Vengeance LED, GPU : Gigabyte G1 GTX 1080, Case : Silverstone RVZ02, Storage : SanDisk 1TB M.2, PSU : Silverstone Strider SST-SX700-LG, Display(s) : AOC Q2963PM 29" IPS Ultra Wide 21:9, Fans : Noctua NH-L9i with Be Quiet Pure Wings 2, Keyboard : Razer Blackwidow Stealth 2015, Mouse : Razer Naga 2015, Sound : LG Wireless Soundbar /Razer Kraken Pro, OS : Windows 10

I'm really hoping the PG279Q turns out to be really special, probably going to be my next monitor.

Yeah, same here. if the price is way higher then the XB270HU i think i will buy that because my setup wont be able to push 1440 on 165 fps, finger crossed :)

CPU - i5 4690K @ 4.5Ghz l CPU Cooler - Nepton 240m l GPU - MSI GTX970 gaming 4g 2-way SLI l SLI Bridge - MSI Gaming 2-way L Pro l Mobo - MSI Z97-G45 Gaming l RAM - 2x8GB Vengeance Pro 2133mhz DDR3 l PSU - Corsair HX750i l SSD - 2x Samsung 840 Evo 250GB in raid 0 | HDD - WD Black 2TB | Case - NZXT H440 Red/Black l OS - Windows 10 l Mouse Logitech G502 l MousePad - XTRFY NiP lightning l KeyBoard - Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB (Red) | Headset - Asus ROG Spitfire | Monitor - Asus PG279Q - VG248QE l PCPP - http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sxTpsY | Please don't buy CX PSU for a high end PC

Fingers crossed for VESA mounting options.

IIRC the PG278Q has VESA mount and the casing of the PG279Q is almost the same, in case you where thinking about the PG348Q then we will have to wait and see :)

IIRC the PG278Q has VESA mount and the casing of the PG279Q is almost the same, in case you where thinking about the PG348Q then we will have to wait and see :)

Yeah I'm talking about the 34" badboy edition, I already have a 29" ultrawide and I want to move up a size now.

Spoiler
Spoiler

CPU : Intel® Core™ i5-4590T, OS : Windows 10 64bit + Custom Alienware Console Interface, GPU : NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 860M 2GB GDDR5, RAM : 8GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600MHz, SSD : Kingston V300 240GB, WIFI : Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 2x2 + Bluetooth 4.0, CASE : Alienware Alpha, PSU : External Power Brick, MOBO : Custom Dell Motherboard.

Spoiler

CPU : i5 6600, Mobo : Asus Z97i-Plus, RAM : 16GB DDR4 3000mhz Corsair Vengeance LED, GPU : Gigabyte G1 GTX 1080, Case : Silverstone RVZ02, Storage : SanDisk 1TB M.2, PSU : Silverstone Strider SST-SX700-LG, Display(s) : AOC Q2963PM 29" IPS Ultra Wide 21:9, Fans : Noctua NH-L9i with Be Quiet Pure Wings 2, Keyboard : Razer Blackwidow Stealth 2015, Mouse : Razer Naga 2015, Sound : LG Wireless Soundbar /Razer Kraken Pro, OS : Windows 10

The only problem is G-Sync, the price premium is too much.

^

Since G-Sync only really makes a huge difference sub 60fps, I think they are only really useful for 4K monitors at this stage of GPU performance tbh

^

Since G-Sync only really makes a huge difference sub 60fps, I think they are only really useful for 4K monitors at this stage of GPU performance tbh

At this resolution iIthink Gsycn will also by useful, it's a 100 hz so 60 won't fit in nicely so games with a 60 cap will need gsync to not have the frames out of sync with the refresh

At this resolution iIthink Gsycn will also by useful, it's a 100 hz so 60 won't fit in nicely so games with a 60 cap will need gsync to not have the frames out of sync with the refresh

Em no..

If you're constantly getting over 60fps, you can use V-Sync or limit frames to 59fps..

It is much easier to run 1440p over 60fps with some cards out there now a days but 4k? not a chance.

So G-Sync can help keep your game smooth when dipping below 60.

I'm wondering how much more screen I will get with the PG348Q and if it will even fit on my wall, anyone got any confirmed dimensions yet?

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

I'm really hoping the PG279Q turns out to be really special, probably going to be my next monitor.

Sorry, the "special" one here is the 34" IPS 1440p 100hz gsync monitor.

The pg279q already has a competitor currently available - acer xb270hu. 

And its good... but definitely not special.

Em no..

If you're constantly getting over 60fps, you can use V-Sync or limit frames to 59fps..

Em, lol no...

You do vsync on TOGETHER with a 59fps cap to get the best pre-gsync experience.

It is much easier to run 1440p over 60fps with some cards out there now a days but 4k? not a chance.

Well, speak for yourself in that case.

Some people say 30fps on 720p is "smooth and clear" enough for them.

A lot of us however, clearly can tell if we have vsync on or if there is tearing ... even when we get solid 144fps/hz.

If you think gsync is ONLY for "insert random hz range here"  - then you have missed the point of it.

You obviously didn't read any of my posts clearly.

I did actually.

Whats your deal? You cant comprehend that you MAY be wrong?

Sorry, the "special" one here is the 34" IPS 1440p 100hz gsync monitor.

The pg279q already has a competitor currently available - acer xb270hu. 

And its good... but definitely not special.

That one is definitely special, but it doesn't interest me, at least, not in a way that makes me want to buy it. 

The Acer monitor has pretty poor build quality and feels very cheap in terms of construction, especially the stand and the bezels. I'm hoping the new Swift is built well and looks fantastic, hence why I hope it turns out to be special, as in, much better than the XB270HU.

That one is definitely special, but it doesn't interest me, at least, not in a way that makes me want to buy it. 

The Acer monitor has pretty poor build quality and feels very cheap in terms of construction, especially the stand and the bezels. I'm hoping the new Swift is built well and looks fantastic, hence why I hope it turns out to be special, as in, much better than the XB270HU.

Ah, well. Cant argue with that.

I only pay attention to specs.

I want the 1440 one so bad, I wish they would implement a step up program of some kind....

I've already got a 1080p gsync monitor I can't use as a peripheral monitor, because my msi only has on DP and I moved to old ROG Swift.

I don't want to end up collecting gsync monitors lol

Higher frame rate over higher resolution.

CPU-i5 4690k -GPU-MSI 970 sli -Mobo-MSI g45 gaming -Memory-16gb crucial ballistix -PSU- EVGA 80+ gold g2 850w -Case- corsair 200r

Monitors- Acer XB240H, Asus ROG Swift, Dell P2815Q 2160p  -Keyboard- Corsair k70 RGB -Mouse- Corsair M65 -Mouse Pad- Glorious Extended Pad -Headphone- BeyerDynamic DT990 250ohm, Senheiser HD 518, Fiio E10k

All I can think about looking at that monitor is how unappealing the stand thing is... It looks like a Decepticon turd. Still though, I would kill to have that thing. I saw a curved monitor in a local store and it was glorious.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Em no..

you didn't understand, if the game caps at 60 fps then it will look best on a 60hz or 120hz monitor because the frame time will match with a refresh cycle which will make the game play smoother. a 100 hz monitor receiving a 60 hz signal will not match up nicely so screen tearing could occur etc. so gsync will stop the monitor refreshing at a 100 hz and instead at 60, and i was talking about the 34 inch monitor, which is 3440x1440 by the way (harder to drive). and sync is ideal as some games eg the witcher 3 and other demanding titles are not going to sit at the refresh rate of either monitors at max settings so gysnc again will remove tearing and other graphical bugs.

I want the 1440 one so bad, I wish they would implement a step up program of some kind....

I've already got a 1080p gsync monitor I can't use as a peripheral monitor, because my msi only has on DP and I moved to old ROG Swift.

I don't want to end up collecting gsync monitors lol

isnt there a gsync to DVI adapter? obviously no gsync

isnt there a gsync to DVI adapter? obviously no gsync

You mean a DisplayPort to DVI adapter? Yep. Monoprice's got them. https://www.monoprice.com/Category?c_id=102&cp_id=10246&cs_id=1024608 less than $10

Ensure a job for life: https://github.com/Droogans/unmaintainable-code

Actual comment I found in legacy code: // WARNING! SQL injection here!

Early next year?!?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!? You have been teasing this for 4 months already and just handed that market to the x34

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

New lineups sure is cool with new monitors be ultra-wide and specially higher refresh rate. But I'd like to also see Freesync on same monitors and more options also. Ow, and full range of it ofc that's just a must. Anyway, it's getting really exciting as far as monitor tech. I'm stoked to get an ultra high refresh rate one day.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |