How safe is watercooling?

I know that brands like Corsair have very good reputation with this sort of thing, but what are the chances that a, say, corsair H100i CPU cooler will leak and destroy my system? I know some people say that Corsair will replace all your damaged parts, but to be honest, I just don't buy that. It doesn't say anything in their warranty about that and a few of the people on LTT forums have told me that this is false.

it will not

unless you physically damage it yourself

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

The chances are very slim. Corsair (and pretty much all AIO makers) will do tons and tons of testing in the worst case scenarios to make sure it does not leak. 

EDIT: Pretty much the only way it will leak is if it is damaged when handling it. Out of the factory, it shouldn't leak if it passes QC. 

it will not

unless you physically damage it yourself

^^^this however if you do custom watercooling like a full custom loop you run what's called a leak test to test for these types of things. AIO coolers like nzxt and corsair you don't need to worry about maintenance and that stuff.

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

as safe as you want it to be, how safe is a match stick ? 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

if u do install ur stuff with care and dont be a bungler, stuff wont happen if u install it with care.... however if u are gonna mash in ur AIO cooler with force and dont take care at all... u could get leaking but thats due to ur own bungling

(◑‿◐)

The chances are very slim. Corsair (and pretty much all AIO makers) will do tons and tons of testing in the worst case scenarios to make sure it does not leak. 

EDIT: Pretty much the only way it will leak is if it is damaged when handling it. Out of the factory, it shouldn't leak if it passes QC. 

Firstly Corsair does not make any of their coolers. They use the Asetek coolers.

I know that brands like Corsair have very good reputation with this sort of thing, but what are the chances that a, say, corsair H100i CPU cooler will leak and destroy my system? I know some people say that Corsair will replace all your damaged parts, but to be honest, I just don't buy that. It doesn't say anything in their warranty about that and a few of the people on LTT forums have told me that this is false.

The chance of any AiO leaking are slim as they are tested. In saying that not every single unit that goes out is tested so there is still a chance. I say just pick a reputable retailer and you should be good

Spoiler

CPU: i5-6600k MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming RAM: G.Skill 16GB 2800Mhz 15-15-15-35, GPU: Sapphire R9 290 SSD: Samsung 840 250GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2, Cooling: EK supremecy EVO ,EK-FC R9 290X with backplate, XSPC EX240 Crossflow & Alphacool UT60 240mm, XSPC D5 Bayres w/ Alphacool VPP655, 7/16-5/8 Compressions/Tubing, Noctua NF-F12 x4 PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 850W Case: Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 http://valid.x86.fr/8g2m02

Firstly Corsair does not make any of their coolers. They use the Asetek coolers.

Very well. I'm pretty certain the OEM will do testing to ensure it doesn't leak, so the point still stands. Is there a secondly? 

Are you only just picking up an aftermarket cooler? Or are you upgrading?

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

CPU | i7-4790k | GPU | Nvidia GTX Titan X | Motherboard | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | Memory | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 G2 | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + Toshiba 3TB | Case | Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

CPU | i5-4690k | GPU | Zotac GTX 960 | Motherboard | ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac | Memory | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 GS | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + WD 1TB Blue 2.5" | Case | Silverstone Sugo SG13

If you want to join a group chat of like-minded techies, gaming, and all things dank, join our Discord group. Message me or get into contact with Galaxy. http://linustechtips.com/main/user/107351-gaiaxy/

Very well. I'm pretty certain the OEM will do testing to ensure it doesn't leak, so the point still stands. Is there a secondly? 

They do test them when its in development and they may also test every 1000th or something but not every single one that goes out. You can also look at what happened with the H110i GT when it got recalled as Corsair didn't know about that the cooler couldn't handle sub-freezing temps (yes i know that you cant get those temps but shipping can). every company can only test for so many different things. 

The Firstly was to the post not to you. 

Spoiler

CPU: i5-6600k MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming RAM: G.Skill 16GB 2800Mhz 15-15-15-35, GPU: Sapphire R9 290 SSD: Samsung 840 250GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2, Cooling: EK supremecy EVO ,EK-FC R9 290X with backplate, XSPC EX240 Crossflow & Alphacool UT60 240mm, XSPC D5 Bayres w/ Alphacool VPP655, 7/16-5/8 Compressions/Tubing, Noctua NF-F12 x4 PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 850W Case: Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 http://valid.x86.fr/8g2m02

I wouldn't buy corsair paying out for damages either..... I would just run it outside of the case if that is possible (maybe on some paper towels...) and check if there are any problems with your particular unit.... chances are likely slim for a aio to leak... but best to err on the side of caution.

So, basically just be careful handling it.

^^^this however if you do custom watercooling like a full custom loop you run what's called a leak test to test for these types of things. AIO coolers like nzxt and corsair you don't need to worry about maintenance and that stuff.

Yeah, heard about 24hr leak tests. But, yeah I'm have an AIO corsair cooler so yeah

Are you only just picking up an aftermarket cooler? Or are you upgrading?

For my new Skylake build(Changed my mind from X99)

btw I completely forgot I made this post, so that's the reasoning for the late reply

I've had 2 leaks ever in my custom loop, one was a tiny weeping leak from a dud fitting that I spotted in my leak testing stage, the other was the top of my res that someone had bought when I bought it from them, the O ring wasn't sealing the res properly and it was pooling on top, again, no damage, spotted it several weeks after running the loop, only thing it would of killed is an SP120 fan.

Watercooling is safe as long as you're not a dumbass, AIO or CLC are sealed tight from factory. As stated above unless you damage it you'll be fine.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd