please can you help with my pc build

Having finally decided to upgrade from my old Xbox 360, I decided to move to pcicon1.png gaming as all of my friends are playing games such as dota and csgo. I have been playing on a family laptop and decided to get a pc for my 16th birthday. (yes I am only a kid but I have had a Saturday job for 2 years now and have a slow but steady income from that. I also believe myself to be sensible enough to embark on such a measure of responsibility as to building a pc and being careful online, to end any arguments)

Having done hours of research i have come to the conclusion that the specs of my pc will be as follows:

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/fZvs4D

Please could you look at these specs and give some constructive feedback on them. Pros and cons are appreciated. 

Anything around or under that is great if you wish to advise on your own systemicon1.png builds. 

Furthermore some estimates on performance in games such as dota2, csgo, minecraft and cod. At the moment I am only looking to game and do basic office work however in the future I would hope to do YouTube, so that would involve video editing and rendering, aswell as steaming. For this could you please suggest some rough upgrade boundaries and guidelines please.

Anything constructive is most appreciated, thank you!!

What's your maximum budget? You can fit an i5 and a GTX 950 within 700 pounds

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

Having finally decided to upgrade from my old Xbox 360, I decided to move to pcicon1.png gaming as all of my friends are playing games such as dota and csgo. I have been playing on a family laptop and decided to get a pc for my 16th birthday. (yes I am only a kid but I have had a Saturday job for 2 years now and have a slow but steady income from that. I also believe myself to be sensible enough to embark on such a measure of responsibility as to building a pc and being careful online, to end any arguments)

Having done hours of research i have come to the conclusion that the specs of my pc will be as follows:

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/fZvs4D

Please could you look at these specs and give some constructive feedback on them. Pros and cons are appreciated. 

Anything around or under that is great if you wish to advise on your own systemicon1.png builds. 

Furthermore some estimates on performance in games such as dota2, csgo, minecraft and cod. At the moment I am only looking to game and do basic office work however in the future I would hope to do YouTube, so that would involve video editing and rendering, aswell as steaming. For this could you please suggest some rough upgrade boundaries and guidelines please.

also why an optical drive? only get an optical drive if your internet is slow.

Anything constructive is most appreciated, thank you!!

this is a decent first build, will be great for gaming at medium/high settings, the only issue is the cpu, if you upgrade to something along the r9 290 or higher in the future the cpu will bottleneck it.

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

[quote name="Nerd slayer" Furthermore some estimates on performance in games such as dota2, csgo, minecraft and cod. At the moment I am only looking to game and do basic office work however in the future I would hope to do YouTube, so that would involve video editing and rendering, aswell as steaming. For this could you please suggest some rough upgrade boundaries and guidelines please.

It's hard to do that last part, especially when you need a moniter, becuase that takes away from your budget. And you can get windows from reddit, so you can get some better parts. I'll try to work on a better one.

You would really have to get this

PCPartPicker part list: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/9JZWqs

Price breakdown by merchant: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/9JZWqs/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor (£139.80 @ CCL Computers)

Motherboard: MSI B85-G41 PC Mate ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (£54.88 @ CCL Computers)

Memory: Kingston 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£33.18 @ CCL Computers)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£38.70 @ Amazon UK)

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 950 2GB Superclocked Video Card (£125.99 @ Aria PC)

Case: Cooler Master K350 ATX Mid Tower Case (£21.59 @ Aria PC)

Power Supply: EVGA 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (£46.32 @ Scan.co.uk)

Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer (£9.36 @ CCL Computers)

Monitor: Hannspree HE225DPB 21.5" Monitor (£82.00 @ Aria PC)

Keyboard: Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Gaming Bundle Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse (£25.99 @ CCL Computers)

Other: Windows reddit.com (£20.00)

Total: £597.81

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-08-31 14:08 BST+0100

Or

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/ddcBnQ

Idk about taxes, so it could add up more.

I like the second one, I can add in windows and still keep it to below 600 because I don't need a cup cooler. Not planning on overclocking. The only question is does it really need an 8 core cpu. Is their anything that fully uses 8 cores

I like the second one, I can add in windows and still keep it to below 600 because I don't need a cup cooler. Not planning on overclocking. The only question is does it really need an 8 core cpu. Is their anything that fully uses 8 cores

getting an after market cooler for it is still recommended, unless, you want an airplane in your room. You want to stream Nd record, so 8 cores is needed so you can play games, record, or stream at the same time.

If 8 cores is needed, then how come you recommended a quad core i5? I'm confused now

If 8 cores is needed, then how come you recommended a quad core i5? I'm confused now

you dont need 8 cores to stream and play games.. a quad core is more than sufficient.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

If you really want to experience true PC Gaming, then buy most of your stuff second hand, you will get atleast double the performance out of it.

Second hand, you could have a old i5 like 2500k or i7 2600k with a R9 290...

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

You're comparing totally different CPU architectures, you can't really compare the number of cores between them, they aren't the same.

Anyway, same monitor, case and KB for your likes.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£139.80 @ CCL Computers)

Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£30.97 @ Scan.co.uk)

Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  (£29.98 @ Dabs)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£34.92 @ Aria PC)

Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 2GB Video Card  (£147.25 @ Aria PC)

Case: Zalman Z3 Plus ATX Mid Tower Case  (£25.29 @ Amazon UK)

Power Supply: XFX ProSeries 450W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (£33.59 @ Aria PC)

Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer  (£9.36 @ CCL Computers)

Monitor: BenQ GL2250HM 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  (£88.98 @ Amazon UK)

Keyboard: Microsoft Wired Desktop 400 UK Wired Standard Keyboard w/Optical Mouse  (£13.99 @ Novatech)

Other: W7 from /r/MSWS (20 $) (£13.00)

Total: £567.13

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-09-01 00:12 BST+0100

This is a signature.