Borderlands The Movie !

GeneralTheoryOfBadassery

Official tweet :

It will be awesome to have borderlands movie .. Borderlands is one of the best games with an awesome and unique art style and story ..

Tales from borderlands is a hit ..

I have a feeling that if executed correctly ... This just night be the greatest movie ever ! Edited by colonel_mortis
Changed fomatting to embed tweet

How to make your droids snappier:

The ultimate laptop buying guide :

Hopefully it isn't a flop like most the video game movies in recent memory, this, assassins creed and WoW it's going to be good when it comes to game movies. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

I already not the tiniest bit interesting in the story in the games as it is.

Going to be yet another forgettable video game movie we look back on and say why did we think this was a good idea.

dvd_smbmovie-uk.jpg

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Damn, with this and the Ratchet and Clank Movie, I'm actually excited.

Hopefully this isn't going to become the next trend. Spinning off popular games for cheap movies. 

Ensure a job for life: https://github.com/Droogans/unmaintainable-code

Actual comment I found in legacy code: // WARNING! SQL injection here!

really doubt its gonna be any good, borderlands is more of a joke game.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Going to be yet another forgettable video game movie we look back on and say why did we think this was a good idea.

dvd_smbmovie-uk.jpg

A movie on Mario bros was never and never will be a good idea ...

really doubt its gonna be any good, borderlands is more of a joke game.

But it's good "joke of a game".

Movie is going to suck probably. And it's sad, I love borderlands :/

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

This will be... interesting.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I really really really hope this turns out well. Borderlands has been one of my favorite franchises for a while now. Just beat TVHM last night and now starting UVHM :) On the quest to OP8:)

Main Rig: CPU i7-4790k / MOBO Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) / RAM 16GB HyperX Fury 1866 MHz / CPU COOLER Dark Rock 3 / GPU Asus GTX 1070 Strix  / CASE Evolv ATX Tempered Glass / SSD Crucial MX200 250GB / HDD  WD Black 1TB + WD Blue 3TB / PSU EVGA 750G2 / DISPLAYS 2x Dell U2414h / KEYBOARD Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown / MOUSE Logitech G602 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 / i7-6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, GTX 960m, 1080P Display

Cheap Windows/Office Keys

i really want claptrap to be in it

heck i want him to have a major role

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

the games are s***t, the story is a s**t show .. why would anyone want to make a movie based on the games - well, besides banking on the games popularity, something that I can't understand

thats a really bad example u cant just choose the worst movie and set it as an example for every movie after it

her is a better example

Final_Fantasy_The_Spirits_Within_%282011

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Every single videogame based movie turned out to be incredibly bad so... I really couldn't care less about it.

the games are s***t, the story is a s**t show .. why would anyone want to make a movie based on the games - well, besides banking on the games popularity, something that I can't understand

Why so much hate !?? ..

Why so much hate !?? ..

hate?! I'm just expressing my own personal opinion 

and, let me quote someone else on Borderlands writing: "Plot Is Dumb, Character Is Cool," Says Borderlands Writer Anthony Burch

the original? the story ended way before the game ends with some anti-climatic moment - The Vault

if you would ask me details from the original game, I would not be able to tell you - that's how forgettable it was

---

I played the original, in full, out of curiosity - but the sequels .. no way

thats a really bad example u cant just choose the worst movie and set it as an example for every movie after it

her is a better example

Final_Fantasy_The_Spirits_Within_%282011

...I dont know if thats your example of a good video game movie or a bad one, but that movie was awful too.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

...I dont know if thats your example of a good video game movie or a bad one, but that movie was awful too.

my 10 year old self disagrees . it was the shit

ok ok another example

220px-Mortal_Kombat_poster.jpg

ok this movie was soo good that actually remember it at the age of 4 !

my 10 year old self disagrees . it was the shit

ok ok another example

220px-Mortal_Kombat_poster.jpg

ok this movie was soo good that actually remember it at the age of 4 !

thats why they lost 50 million dollars making FF and it lead to the closure of the studio.

MK movie was ok at best for a video game movie its still subpar compared to the typical movie and filled with some god awful acting. 

System Specs

I'm at school and that image is blocked so I'm assuming it's that Mario Bros movie :P

The worst part about it: Dan Castellaneta is the narrator

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

First comment from the link:

MR TORGUE says:

THIS SCRIPT HAS TOO MANY SYLLABLES, APOLOGIZE!

^This is why I love the Internet.

If they had the designers and those responsible for the story from Gearbox involved in the production, then the movie's in good hands.  If not, then I won't have high expectations for this.

[witty signature]

Why?

I really liked the Borderlands games but they did not have anything close to a good story and the things that made the game fun can't be translated in movie form.

The only way I can think of a Borderlands movie working in the slightest is if it were a compilation of 15 minute quirky animated stories with a thin thread holding them together, kind of like the Animatrix.

Ill watch it.

I don't get the outright hate for video game movies though, just because no one has gotten it right doesn't mean we should doubt that anyone could get it right in the future.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

Hopefully it isn't a flop like most the video game movies in recent memory, this, assassins creed and WoW it's going to be good when it comes to game movies. 

Don't forget Ratchet and Clank 

Why?

I really liked the Borderlands games but they did not have anything close to a good story and the things that made the game fun can't be translated in movie form.

The only way I can think of a Borderlands movie working in the slightest is if it were a compilation of 15 minute quirky animated stories with a thin thread holding them together, kind of like the Animatrix.

I don't know, I feel like Handsome Jack as a character and his obsession with the vault has a lot of potential if done well. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

could be good just don't let uwe boll come anywhere close. could be a cool Sci-fi action comedy. but is it going to be with real actors or animated?