They Stole All my stuff *UPDATE*

Original Post 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/432268-gone-its-all-gone/

So here is a update 

The police contacted me a few hours ago, They informed me they found my car and it has been Identified to be mine as the VIN is on the Registration that's in my name

I'm extremely happy has well, Even though i have 3 cars, the one that got stolen is the most expensive of the 3 (BMW M4 F82)

The Police have already pulled prints off it and i currently have the car back in my possession 

still no update on everything else that got stolen, the car was found parked over 3 Car spots with keys in the ignition about 25KM away from my house

Police say it was ditched since its a hard car to hide if you steal it since its a expensive car

*Note: Having a Manual BMW doesn't mean it won't get stolen

Of my 3 cars, ones in the shed in my backyard

my V6 4.0L is in Storage 

and my BMW is back in garage

"Life's too Short, Use Express Install" Express install subject to spying
                                        -Microsoft 2015

Any word from the insurance?

Glad you got your car back btw, did the robbers at least fill up the tank for ya?

There are gps trackers and as long as there is signal you will find an approximate place. They're very cheap

EVGA SR-2 / 2x Intel Xeon X5675 4.4Ghz OC / 24GB EEC 1800Mhz OC/ AMD RX570 / Enermax Evoliution 1050W / Main RAID 0: 2x256GB 840EVO SSD / BackUp(1) Raid 5: 3x2TB WD HDD / BackUp(2) 8x2TB / Dell U2412M / Dell U2312HM

Any word from the insurance?

Glad you got your car back btw, did the robbers at least fill up the tank for ya?

Insurance will pay me back everything, i want to wait to see if police will catch them and return my stuff

Also My car insurance expires tomorrow :|

-Microsoft 2015

never leave expensive stuff in ur house without som1 guarding it if ur gone a long while , these days its asking for trouble keeping them in ur house ( take em with u or lock them underground or somthing so they cant reach it no matter wht xD )

(◑‿◐)

Was it damaged?

Thank god no

My Precious Baby is A O.K

-Microsoft 2015

There are gps trackers and as long as there is signal you will find an approximate place. They're very cheap

People are getting smart and looking for them, don't plug it into the OBD port as that's the first place people look.

Glad to hear you got it back! Maybe your luck is turning around. :)

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Did they find any evidence in it?

Food, drinks, fingerprints, etc;

Did they find any evidence in it?

Food, drinks, fingerprints, etc;

Fingerprints

-Microsoft 2015

Good to hear you got your car back...

They should be able to find at least something in the records from the prints... especially if the suspects are repeat offenders...

as for the rest of your stuff, try checking out ebay and craigslist to see if they try to sell some of it... It'll be hard to move around with that much stuff... unless they changed vehicles at that carpark where your car was ditched...

People are getting smart and looking for them, don't plug it into the OBD port as that's the first place people look.

True, but for the price of 20-30 usd it might save the car or help the police

EVGA SR-2 / 2x Intel Xeon X5675 4.4Ghz OC / 24GB EEC 1800Mhz OC/ AMD RX570 / Enermax Evoliution 1050W / Main RAID 0: 2x256GB 840EVO SSD / BackUp(1) Raid 5: 3x2TB WD HDD / BackUp(2) 8x2TB / Dell U2412M / Dell U2312HM

Good to hear you got your car back...

They should be able to find at least something in the records from the prints... especially if the suspects are repeat offenders...

as for the rest of your stuff, try checking out ebay and craigslist to see if they try to sell some of it... It'll be hard to move around with that much stuff... unless they changed vehicles at that carpark where your car was ditched...

The carpark had Security Cameras

Shouldn't be long till they catch them

-Microsoft 2015

The carpark had Security Cameras

Shouldn't be long till they catch them

That's good news then...

(cases like yours is what makes me want to put automated turrets armed with pepper ball guns inside my home...)

Well, i'm happy it's back! 

If it's at a parking lot, aren't there then any camera's that could have filmed the idiot? I would be suprised if no camera would have filmed it, i mean he drove 25km, something should have recorded it.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

From this thread, I have now decided to put the crypo locker virus on an external HDD, all of there files will be corrupted from when the plug it into the computer to wipe it!!!

I am going to have some fun this weekend with VICTIMS of the virus!!!

Also those thief's must be idiots. Lets steal the Moldy ham and a luxury car that they will track us with due to that we can't sell it!

I am glad that F82 is back (also props for having a manual F82 all the bimmers in my country are automatic since BMW doesnt import manuals here since E46) just wondering what color is it?

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

From this thread, I have now decided to put the crypo locker virus on an external HDD, all of there files will be corrupted from when the plug it into the computer to wipe it!!!

I am going to have some fun this weekend with VICTIMS of the virus!!!

Also those thief's must be idiots. Lets steal the Moldy ham and a luxury car that they will track us with due to that we can't sell it!

What a fine idea. Don't forget to disable autorun on your machine wink.png

Insurance will pay me back everything, i want to wait to see if police will catch them and return my stuff

Also My car insurance expires tomorrow :|

Great to know everythings going well so far :D At least you have your car back now, albeit before the insurance expired

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

I am glad that F82 is back (also props for having a manual F82 all the bimmers in my country are automatic since BMW doesnt import manuals here since E46) just wondering what color is it?

White

-Microsoft 2015

What a fine idea. Don't forget to disable autorun on your machine wink.png

I just won't plug in.

I know what it looks like, it is different to the other Seagate 2TB drives I have.

also i pulled out the 2tb drive and I will replace it with an 80gb drive w/ bad sectors

That's good news then...

(cases like yours is what makes me want to put automated turrets armed with pepper ball guns inside my home...)

If you live in the U.S. you could probably get real turrets :P

Yes, that was a joke about how the U.S. loves it's guns. Don't get mad at me, I like my guns too. Just wish I could have the muscle type of guns though.

I don't do signatures.

If you live in the U.S. you could probably get real turrets :P

Yes, that was a joke about how the U.S. loves it's guns. Don't get mad at me, I like my guns too. Just wish I could have the muscle type of guns though.

I like my home defense to remain non-lethal... I'm too lazy to clean up any blood stains on my property...

Please say on-topic

-Microsoft 2015

*Bumb*

-Microsoft 2015