Is there any reason to get the NEW 3DS XL if I own the original XL?

Profoundsoup

Probably not.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

It is a slight upgrade, and as people have said certain games will require it. The asking price is quite high though, considering it adds a cheap feeling C stick and marginal hardware improvements. Also, keep your old 3DS charger if you do upgrade; the New 3DS XL does not come with one.

Near field communication with amibos and a second slidestick for monster hunter and such.

Can't you work around that new stick with a circle pad pro or whatever it was called

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

Can't you work around that new stick with a circle pad pro or whatever it was called

Yeah you can, but it costs 15 $ and is superbulky for the regular 3ds,

must be awful for the 3ds xl.

Yeah you can, but it costs 15 $ and is superbulky for the regular 3ds,

must be awful for the 3ds xl.

Haven't used one myself. Still, a $15 accessory is probably a somewhat smarter buy than a new console.

Having a 3DSXL myself, it usually lives in my bag not my pocket so I'm not concerned about bulk. I think the XL is a little too big for the pocket, although that might have a little more to do with my choice of clothing than the console itself :/

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

New 3DS XL was worth it to me but depending on how much time you spend on your DS it might not be.

1. I really like the 3D effect and the New 3DS XL has a vastly improved effect. The face tracking means you can view the 3D without holding the system stiff as a board in very specific positions, and it also helps a ton with eye strain. Less ghosting. Less breaking. It's good stuff.

2. The analog nub is a godsend if you play Monster Hunter or any other CPP compatible game. 

3. Better battery life - especially in 2D. Well worth it if you're on the go a lot. 

4. Better performance - it's not just the exclusive games. Games like Monster Hunter 4 run and look significantly better on the new system. There are only a few thus far but the better download and loading times aren't anything to scoff at either. The system feels modern again. 

Unless you absolutely need the new head tracking (which works pretty well) that ghetto as right analog nub or xenoblade chronicles 3d, the answer is no.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

Yes. The super stable 3D is worth the upgrade alone. Night and day difference! It'll make you actually want to keep 3D on 24/7!

Is a noob.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS